Out of towners opinions??? Your opinion???

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Candleshoe
Human Relations

Out of towners opinions??? Your opinion???

Post by Candleshoe »

My wife and I were invited to a business persons get together, thrown together by her boss at his spread last night. One of the guest speakers was talking about "the economy" and how he was envious of the Midwest and especially of Nebraska, as every indicator shows that Nebraska is largely unaffected by the alleged "R" word. This guy is a regional manager for some big outfit out of the southeast that'll remain nameless, and what he said after the get together about blew me away. So, as I know you all like to hear stuff like this, here goes...

He mentioned about how he's traveled all over the Midwest in the last six months, as he's been in corporate training mode and eventually will settle back in, back home in Atlanta. I pressed him further about what impressions he's gotten about Nebraskans in general. He said: "you know... you go up to Sioux City, Iowa and Sioux City wants to pretend they're Omaha, you go to Omaha and they want to pretend they're Kansas City. You go to Kansas City and they want to pretend they're St Louis. You go to St Louis and they pretend they're Chicago".

Or something close to that...

He said that it's "a shame that cities in the Midwest have such a case of "Pe___ envy" and should just celebrate what makes them great in the first place".

Thought you'd all get a kick outa that!

:lol:
midtown charlie
Human Relations

Post by midtown charlie »

very true.  Thanks for passing along.[/u]