Local Gas Prices

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21076
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Gas prices rising and rising and ..........

Postby Coyote » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:38 pm

Image
Image

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5347
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Gas prices rising and rising and ..........

Postby skinzfan23 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:49 pm

Nice! According to gasbuddy, Baker's at 120th and center is $2.25. It is the cheapest in the metro.

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21076
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Gas prices rising and rising and ..........

Postby Coyote » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:40 pm

skinzfan23 wrote:Nice!  According to gasbuddy, Baker's at 120th and center is $2.25.  It is the cheapest in the metro.

I didn't believe gasbuddy...:

Image
Image

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5347
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Gas prices rising and rising and ..........

Postby skinzfan23 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:00 pm

We drove by there last weekend and it was the cheapest we saw anywhere at that time too. I also think that you can get an even lower price if you use your Baker's card.

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21076
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Gas prices rising and rising and ..........

Postby Coyote » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:10 pm

skinzfan23 wrote:We drove by there last weekend and it was the cheapest we saw anywhere at that time too.  I also think that you can get an even lower price if you use your Baker's card.


I already had 3/4 tank, and there were lines, so I didn't try. Usually you always get .02 off with the card, when you buy $100 of food in that month, you get .10 off...
Image

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 9031
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Gas prices rising and rising and ..........

Postby iamjacobm » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:31 pm

GetUrban wrote:The price could really drop if we continue to reduce our consumption. Unfortunately, people will probably start to care less about efficiency again, which will in turn increase demand, causing prices to start rising again. In the mean time, domestic oil production will see a lower profit margin due to higher extraction costs and lower prices. In the long run, reducing consumption should still be our main goal, instead of continuing our wasteful ways.


I bet gas guzzling SUV/Truck sales are on the uptick. A lot of people don't consider the long term consequences, they just see lower prices and justify the uneconomical purchase.

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5347
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Gas prices rising and rising and ..........

Postby skinzfan23 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:56 pm

Coyote wrote:
skinzfan23 wrote:We drove by there last weekend and it was the cheapest we saw anywhere at that time too.  I also think that you can get an even lower price if you use your Baker's card.


I already had 3/4 tank, and there were lines, so I didn't try. Usually you always get .02 off with the card, when you buy $100 of food in that month, you get .10 off...

Thanks, wasn't quite sure how it worked. I have never been to a Baker's. We have BP gas cards. They used to be the best rebate on gas anywhere when they gave you 5% back. When gas was $4/gallon you would save .20, which was awesome. They changed the rebate system so its not as advantageous for the consumer but they still have double rebate days on the 22nd each month where your rebates are doubled. Since I haven't used mine for a while I think that mean $1.80/gallon off next time. (up to 20 gallons max)

User avatar
Omababe
Planning Board
Posts: 2200
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am
Contact:

Re: Gas prices rising and rising and ..........

Postby Omababe » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:32 am

Coyote wrote:I didn't believe gasbuddy...


If Gas Buddy has "Annie R" as the reporting person, you can believe it. :) :) :)

It seems like the Bakers and the Shell station on 120th. have a mini gas war going. It's been that way for a few weeks now. Shell has apparently run out of their lowest-priced fuel a couple of times due to it.

User avatar
GetUrban
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1896
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Gas prices rising and rising and ..........

Postby GetUrban » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:12 pm

iamjacobm wrote:
GetUrban wrote:The price could really drop if we continue to reduce our consumption. Unfortunately, people will probably start to care less about efficiency again, which will in turn increase demand, causing prices to start rising again. In the mean time, domestic oil production will see a lower profit margin due to higher extraction costs and lower prices. In the long run, reducing consumption should still be our main goal, instead of continuing our wasteful ways.


I bet gas guzzling SUV/Truck sales are on the uptick.  A lot of people don't consider the long term consequences, they just see lower prices and justify the uneconomical purchase.


Unfortunately, that's probably true. It's a good thing manufacturers are starting to reduce the weight of their vehicle offerings through use of lighter materials such as aluminum and carbon fiber, and smaller turbo-charged engines. For example, the new 2015 Ford F150 Ecoboost is over 700lbs lighter than the last generation and the next gen Audi Q7 is 700 lbs lighter too. I'm not sure how much of these efficiency gains are government-mandated, but I'm all for it regardless of how it's achieved.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.

User avatar
Uffda
Planning Board
Posts: 3117
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Gas prices rising and rising and ..........

Postby Uffda » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:04 pm

Chadron Gas War Causes Prices To Dip Below $2.00

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Chad ... 69601.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Meanwhile I paid $2.33 on N 72nd. :(

nativeomahan
Planning Board
Posts: 3485
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Re: Gas prices rising and rising and ..........

Postby nativeomahan » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:11 pm

Why hasn't this thread been renamed?

User avatar
HR Paperstacks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1730
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: West Central Omaha

Re: Local Gas Prices

Postby HR Paperstacks » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:52 am

Paid $42 last night to fill up. About $20 less than normal. I literally said "holy |expletive|!" when the pump stopped.

User avatar
GetUrban
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1896
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Gas prices rising and rising and ..........

Postby GetUrban » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:06 pm

nativeomahan wrote:Why hasn't this thread been renamed?


Should be renamed to: How much is gas now?....or better yet...just have a real-time ticker that gives the current price
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28665
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Local Gas Prices

Postby Brad » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:33 pm

HR Paperstacks wrote:Paid $42 last night to fill up. About $20 less than normal. I literally said "holy |expletive|!" when the pump stopped.


I hear you. I was at QT the other night and used my pump start card. I went in, grabbed an ice tea and said Pump 5 and the total was $28. I said, "did I tell you the right pump? The Grey Element?" Se said "yep, it was $27 plus your ice tea"
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1292
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:39 am
Location: New York City..Soon To Be Omaha
Contact:

Re: Gas prices rising and rising and ..........

Postby guitarguy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:41 pm

nativeomahan wrote:Why hasn't this thread been renamed?


Simple.. because its going to go back up again. 8)
mountzenith New Album Releasing This Week.. Download For Free Here

User avatar
jessep28
Planning Board
Posts: 2393
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Local Gas Prices

Postby jessep28 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:30 pm

This thread has been renamed. If you are replying to a post with origins from the previous name, the old thread name will appear in the subject line.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21076
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Local Gas Prices

Postby Coyote » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:58 pm

Brad wrote:
HR Paperstacks wrote:Paid $42 last night to fill up. About $20 less than normal. I literally said "holy |expletive|!" when the pump stopped.


I hear you.  I was at QT the other night and used my pump start card.  I went in, grabbed an ice tea and said Pump 5 and the total was $28.  I said, "did I tell you the right pump? The Grey Element?"  Se said "yep, it was $27 plus your ice tea"


First time under $30.00 in a long time

Image

Baker's $.10 discounted:

Image
Image

User avatar
Omababe
Planning Board
Posts: 2200
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am
Contact:

Re: Local Gas Prices

Postby Omababe » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:46 am

HR Paperstacks wrote:Paid $42 last night to fill up.


I don't think I've ever paid over $40 to fill, even when prices were sky high!

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5347
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Local Gas Prices

Postby skinzfan23 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:36 am

Omababe wrote:
HR Paperstacks wrote:Paid $42 last night to fill up.


I don't think I've ever paid over $40 to fill, even when prices were sky high!

I have to use premium in my car so I have paid over $50 even close to $60 when gas prices where high (my tank is also close to 15 gallons) Factor that in with the fact that I drive nearly 35 miles to and from work each day and I like to drive around the city to explore and that is why I am constantly monitoring gas prices.

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21076
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Local Gas Prices

Postby Coyote » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:19 am

skinzfan23 wrote:....and I like to drive around the city to explore

... And the forum likes that :P
Image

User avatar
Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations
Posts: 731
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:22 pm
Location: Midtown Crossings

Re: Local Gas Prices

Postby Omaha_Gabe » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:23 am

Now I'm not so eager to see if something is a fuel saver at hyvee hah

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21076
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Local Gas Prices

Postby Coyote » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:57 am

Omaha_Gabe wrote:Now I'm not so eager to see if something is a fuel saver at hyvee hah


If you get the right amount of fuel saver purchases... Could they owe you for filling up?
Image

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5347
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Local Gas Prices

Postby skinzfan23 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:29 am

Coyote wrote:
Omaha_Gabe wrote:Now I'm not so eager to see if something is a fuel saver at hyvee hah


If you get the right amount of fuel saver purchases... Could they owe you for filling up?

I am pretty sure they have limitations on the savings. I know with the BP gas card we have, the lowest you can pay is .18/gallon even if you have more rewards accumulated. They will just roll over to the next purchase.

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6264
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Local Gas Prices

Postby nebugeater » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:51 am

skinzfan23 wrote:
Coyote wrote:
Omaha_Gabe wrote:Now I'm not so eager to see if something is a fuel saver at hyvee hah


If you get the right amount of fuel saver purchases... Could they owe you for filling up?

I am pretty sure they have limitations on the savings. I know with the BP gas card we have, the lowest you can pay is .18/gallon even if you have more rewards accumulated.  They will just roll over to the next purchase.



I believe HyVee is the same way. IT will take the fuel cost to zero but the .18 / gal tax will be paid
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5347
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Local Gas Prices

Postby skinzfan23 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:45 pm

$2.09 at Bakers right now.

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21076
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Local Gas Prices

Postby Coyote » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:55 am

Image
Image

User avatar
jessep28
Planning Board
Posts: 2393
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Local Gas Prices

Postby jessep28 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:22 pm

A friend of mine driving up from Dallas filled up at & 1.79/gal in Oklahoma City.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21076
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Local Gas Prices

Postby Coyote » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:59 pm

Image
Image

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28665
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Local Gas Prices

Postby Brad » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:37 pm

WOWT just posted a photo, $1.99 at 80th and Dodge BP.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21076
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Local Gas Prices

Postby Coyote » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:41 pm

Brad wrote:WOWT just posted a photo, $1.99 at 80th and Dodge BP.

A BP? They are usually .05 -.10 more expensive than any other gas station in Omaha...
Image

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28665
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Local Gas Prices

Postby Brad » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:43 pm

Coyote wrote:
Brad wrote:WOWT just posted a photo, $1.99 at 80th and Dodge BP.

A BP? They are usually .05 -.10 more expensive than any other gas station in Omaha...


Yep, the Buchanans BP and service center right there on the triangle lot.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28665
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Local Gas Prices

Postby Brad » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:53 pm

Brad wrote:
Coyote wrote:
Brad wrote:WOWT just posted a photo, $1.99 at 80th and Dodge BP.

A BP? They are usually .05 -.10 more expensive than any other gas station in Omaha...


Yep, the Buchanans BP and service center right there on the triangle lot.


Jeff from Silicon Prairie also posted $1.99 at 160th and Center BP.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21076
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Local Gas Prices

Postby Coyote » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:12 pm

Bakers is $1.98 right now.
BP in Millard is also $1.99
Image

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5347
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Local Gas Prices

Postby skinzfan23 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:49 pm

Coyote wrote:
Brad wrote:WOWT just posted a photo, $1.99 at 80th and Dodge BP.

A BP? They are usually .05 -.10 more expensive than any other gas station in Omaha...

Really...I use BP all the time and everywhere I go they are usually the same price as any non-BP station. I have a rewards card for BP and on the 22nd each month, they double the reward. Right now I think I could get around $2.10 off per gallon. But they do cap the rebate you can use, so I would still have to pay about .13/gallon. BP used to have the best rebate of any gas card. When I first started using it 6-7 years ago, they would give 5% off, which would be around .20/gallon when gas was $4/gallon. (and the best part was not having to buy |expletive| like Hy Vee makes you do)

User avatar
jessep28
Planning Board
Posts: 2393
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Local Gas Prices

Postby jessep28 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:11 pm

The Bucky's BP locations usually keep their prices in line with everyone else. Anderson Food Shops are slower to update their prices. I don't know if it's because they don't want to take a loss on inventory in the tanks.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum

User avatar
HR Paperstacks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1730
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: West Central Omaha

Re: Local Gas Prices

Postby HR Paperstacks » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:21 pm

Was approached by a cameraman with KETV wanting to take some b-roll of me filling up for their story about $1.99 gas tonight. My total came out to just a little over $30!

nativeomahan
Planning Board
Posts: 3485
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Re: Local Gas Prices

Postby nativeomahan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:30 pm

It must really suck to own a diesel!

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28665
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Local Gas Prices

Postby Brad » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:08 pm

Bakers at 120th and Center Street was $1.96 last evening. Hi V on 180th and Pacific as well as the gas station at 192nd and Pacific are both $1.99.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21076
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Local Gas Prices

Postby Coyote » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:19 pm

Image
Image

User avatar
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1292
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:39 am
Location: New York City..Soon To Be Omaha
Contact:

Re: Local Gas Prices

Postby guitarguy » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:10 pm

Best Christmas present ever? It might be... 8)
mountzenith New Album Releasing This Week.. Download For Free Here


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest