Crime in Omaha

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

Coyote
City Council

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby Coyote » Thu May 19, 2016 1:10 pm

4223 Redman Ave. Home invasion, male in basement will shoot if she some down...

iamjacobm
City Council

Postby iamjacobm » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:50 pm

Anthony Garcia found guilty on all 4 counts of murder.

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:22 pm

iamjacobm wrote:Anthony Garcia found guilty on all 4 counts of murder.

Dr Tony is one of the more dastardly characters we have ever seen come through these parts. Just like all these cases technically there can be little doubt that the guy is insane. This guy spent a couple nights a week hanging out in go go bars and taking strippers out for supper. If you are hanging out in a stripper bar to the point that they even know your name and you even take the strippers out on dates in the real world then you undeniably have more then just a few screws loose. And..... if you are confessing to a go go girl that you killed 2 people you have completely lost your mind. I propose one of those cage death matches like they used to have on MTV. We put Nikko Jenkins and Dr Tony in a cage and let them at it. :shock:

Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:16 pm

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:Anthony Garcia found guilty on all 4 counts of murder.

Dr Tony is one of the more dastardly characters we have ever seen come through these parts. Just like all these cases technically there can be little doubt that the guy is insane. This guy spent a couple nights a week hanging out in go go bars and taking strippers out for supper. If you are hanging out in a stripper bar to the point that they even know your name and you even take the strippers out on dates in the real world then you undeniably have more then just a few screws loose. And..... if you are confessing to a go go girl that you killed 2 people you have completely lost your mind. I propose one of those cage death matches like they used to have on MTV. We put Nikko Jenkins and Dr Tony in a cage and let them at it. :shock:

Minus the wrestling cage match, I've got to agree with you on this one GRANDPA.. I'd say, fortunately, the jury got this one right...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

HR Paperstacks
Parks & Recreation

Postby HR Paperstacks » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:59 pm

Homicides were down this past year:

Number of Omaha homicides drops dramatically; 29 killed in 2016, compared with 50 in 2015
Emerson Clarridge / World-Herald staff writer wrote:Criminal killings in Omaha fell sharply in 2016 to a 13-year low.

Twenty-nine people were slain, the fewest in a calendar year since 2004, and far below the record-high 50 homicides the city saw in 2015.

Police said the marked drop is a sign that the department’s work with community organizations is effective.

“Omaha deserves this,” Police Chief Todd Schmaderer said last week during an interview in his office at Central Police Headquarters.

The homicide plunge followed a year in which killings spiked, partly because of an unprecedented number of slayings with multiple victims. There were seven double homicides and one triple homicide in 2015.

daveoma
Human Relations

Postby daveoma » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:04 pm

Good news! :D

Coyote
City Council

Postby Coyote » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:33 pm

daveoma wrote:Good news! :D

Considering Chicago had one of their worst years...

Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:59 am

Coyote wrote:
daveoma wrote:Good news! :D

Considering Chicago had one of their worst years...

It was a very unusual year for homicide numbers in major US cities. Places like Chicago had one of their worst years. A city and metro the same size as Omaha- Tulsa, Oklahoma had its worst year for homicides ever at 81 (I believe that was the final tally. 80+ murders for a city like Tulsa is crazy).. While Omaha, after hitting its highest ever total in 2015 at 50, drops to a 13 year low of 29 for last year.. Lincoln, after recording 1 homicide in 2015, hit an all time high of 11 in 2016..

The fluctuations in these numbers, city by city for 2016, was pretty staggering...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

Brad
City Council

Postby Brad » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:31 pm

MeanStreets is reporting an officer shot in the leg in Midtown.

meanstreets.JPG
meanstreets.JPG (36.72 KiB) Viewed 956 times
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Postby bigredmed » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:53 pm

Hope the police officer recovers swiftly.

jessep28
Planning Board

Postby jessep28 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:44 pm

Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum

mrsticka
Human Relations

Postby mrsticka » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:26 am

I've seen and heard lots of bad things about North Omaha, how there's so much crime in that part of town. Are they true or just exaggerated?

Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:11 pm

mrsticka wrote:I've seen and heard lots of bad things about North Omaha, how there's so much crime in that part of town. Are they true or just exaggerated?

For violent crime in Omaha, this is more truth than exaggeration.. Unfortunately...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Postby bigredmed » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:47 pm

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
mrsticka wrote:I've seen and heard lots of bad things about North Omaha, how there's so much crime in that part of town. Are they true or just exaggerated?

For violent crime in Omaha, this is more truth than exaggeration.. Unfortunately...

Ciao..LiO...Peace

Yep
There is a reason that Shot detecting sonars are in NE Omaha and not in Millard.

Ganged up people have kids that don't have parents outside the biologic sense of the word. These kids get sucked into the next gang. I have a patient who is ganged up in a different gang than either parent. Can't wait for the family squabble.

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:59 pm

Heed those warnings well or pay the price, and you better believe me you will not like the price you have to pay for disregarding those warnings. I grew up in North Omaha and yes it was often a ugly childhood growing up in North Omaha.

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Postby bigredmed » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:30 pm

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:

Heed those warnings well or pay the price, and you better believe me you will not like the price you have to pay for disregarding those warnings. I grew up in North Omaha and yes it was often a ugly childhood growing up in North Omaha.

I went to school at Clifton Hill. Once the FHA redzoned the neighborhood and the school went south, everyone who had the money to leave did so. After that, it was a rapid decline. Such a sad time to drive by my old house.

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:09 pm

bigredmed wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:

I went to school at Clifton Hill. Once the FHA redzoned the neighborhood and the school went south, everyone who had the money to leave did so. After that, it was a rapid decline. Such a sad time to drive by my old house.

I went to Wakonda Elementary school located at 48th & Curtis for my first 7 years of school. Wakonda was just starting to go bad when I got there in 1965 and by 1972 it was officially bad. A year or two ago I read in the paper that Wakonda now has the lowest test scores of any school in Nebraska. From there I went to Nathan Hale at 60th & Redick. I soon found out when I got to Nathan Hale that as bad as Wakonda was this place was 3 times worse. At Wakonda there had been a few bad dudes but at Nathan Hale there were hundreds of them along with bad girls to. I was supposed to go to North High School which I dreaded worse then dying itself. When 10th grade came the gods finally took mercy on me and I went to Roncalli. Roncalli was heaven after 9 years of public school in North Omaha.

Coyote
City Council

Postby Coyote » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:40 pm

Rummel.

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:24 pm

Coyote wrote:Rummel.

First thing the guys at Roncalli told me when I got there was that all the guys that went to Creighton Prep were gay. I always stuck up for the Prep guys and said that some of them were my friends and they were good guys and there was no way they all were gay. :;):

Coyote
City Council

Postby Coyote » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:07 pm

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
Coyote wrote:Rummel.

First thing the guys at Roncalli told me when I got there was that all the guys that went to Creighton Prep were gay. I always stuck up for the Prep guys and said that some of them were my friends and they were good guys and there was no way they all were gay. :;):

Yeah, yeah, yeah... At Prep we were told that the guys who went to Rummel did so because they couldn't pass Prep's entrance exam. 8)

iamjacobm
City Council

Postby iamjacobm » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:13 pm

The suspected killer in the triple homicide last night was captured in Tennessee.

Coyote
City Council

Postby Coyote » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:20 pm

Return to “General Discussion”