Crime in Omaha

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 9041
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby iamjacobm » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:09 pm

Yes and then those in poverty get priced out and move to the next cheap place of the city. That is very likely to be the old suburbs as the affluent keep |expletive| to the fringe and the core. The cheep stick built homes and apartments in inner suburbs will be the new "hood" eventually.

User avatar
jessep28
Planning Board
Posts: 2396
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby jessep28 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:25 pm

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:. Since the down and out and underprivileged have been brought in there have been a number of car jackings at 138th & Harrison.


I listen to the police scanner stream way too much, and cannot recall police being dispatched to a single carjacking in that area, let alone several. Carjackings are felonies, and are toned out over all the police channels.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum

User avatar
Garrett
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1855
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby Garrett » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:03 pm

bigredmed wrote:
Garrett wrote:
S33 wrote:I didn't call you a Marxist, first of all.

Secondly, what do you propose would be done to ensure that these mixed-income communities are not plagued by the same crime and social unrest from which a new segment of their residents will move?

Remember, we can't discriminate who moves there, because this is essentially Beverly Hills section8.


So what you're saying is every single person who doesn't make a certain amount of money is a criminal? Someone is starting to sound like GrandpaSmucker. It's not like these places would be given away. I'm sure you understand the concept of applying for apartments, right? A well managed building can easily avoid those problems. Study after study has shown that the best and most stabilizing thing people can have is quality housing.


No, but you assume that a dysfunctional yahoo will suddenly sober up, become a good parent, a reliable employee, and become a republican just by moving next to someone who is. That is irrational.

Whether some is a criminal is the final aspect of a personal decay that begins long before criminality shows up. The dysfunction that causes people to slide down hill socioeconomically, is often manifested by loudness, rudeness, intoxication, and lack of job duties allowing for every day to be Saturday night, so no need to go to bed before 3 am. This po's their non-dysfunctional neighbors who pretty quick move to the neighborhood with gates (literal or economic).

Move into a crappy crimey neighborhood. Do a study. Question: which happens first, you move or your neighbors become independent of welfare.

So every single person who is in poverty in the city is a dysfunctional drunk yahoo? Every single one? Because you appear to be under that impression.
From Omaha to Chicago
From Axel to Garrett

Still the same guy

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:12 pm

jessep28 wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:. Since the down and out and underprivileged have been brought in there have been a number of car jackings at 138th & Harrison.


I listen to the police scanner stream way too much, and cannot recall police being dispatched to a single carjacking in that area, let alone several. Carjackings are felonies, and are toned out over all the police channels.


I believe you when you say you listen to the police scanner too much. I also believe most of those car jackings happened about 2AM in the morning which is about 4 or 5 hours after you have hit the fart sack old timer. :lafcry:

User avatar
RNcyanide
Planning Board
Posts: 2748
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am
Location: Chalco

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby RNcyanide » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:21 pm

jessep28 wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:. Since the down and out and underprivileged have been brought in there have been a number of car jackings at 138th & Harrison.


I listen to the police scanner stream way too much, and cannot recall police being dispatched to a single carjacking in that area, let alone several. Carjackings are felonies, and are toned out over all the police channels.


I live in that exact area. Haven't heard anything about car jacking. Maybe a car or two burgled when someone leaves their car unlocked.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1905
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby bigredmed » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:41 pm

Garrett wrote:
bigredmed wrote:
Garrett wrote:
S33 wrote:I didn't call you a Marxist, first of all.

Secondly, what do you propose would be done to ensure that these mixed-income communities are not plagued by the same crime and social unrest from which a new segment of their residents will move?

Remember, we can't discriminate who moves there, because this is essentially Beverly Hills section8.


So what you're saying is every single person who doesn't make a certain amount of money is a criminal? Someone is starting to sound like GrandpaSmucker. It's not like these places would be given away. I'm sure you understand the concept of applying for apartments, right? A well managed building can easily avoid those problems. Study after study has shown that the best and most stabilizing thing people can have is quality housing.


No, but you assume that a dysfunctional yahoo will suddenly sober up, become a good parent, a reliable employee, and become a republican just by moving next to someone who is. That is irrational.

Whether some is a criminal is the final aspect of a personal decay that begins long before criminality shows up. The dysfunction that causes people to slide down hill socioeconomically, is often manifested by loudness, rudeness, intoxication, and lack of job duties allowing for every day to be Saturday night, so no need to go to bed before 3 am. This po's their non-dysfunctional neighbors who pretty quick move to the neighborhood with gates (literal or economic).

Move into a crappy crimey neighborhood. Do a study. Question: which happens first, you move or your neighbors become independent of welfare.

So every single person who is in poverty in the city is a dysfunctional drunk yahoo? Every single one? Because you appear to be under that impression.



Not true.

Poor people can be poor for extrinsic causes. They can be poor because they are intrinsically dysfunctional. Neither group is affected by the SES of their next door neighbor. It is simply irrational to think that moving a poor person into MTC would somehow transform them. An extrinsically poor person might get a better paying job at one of the bars due to their proximity, but they could also live north of Dodge and have the same deal. A drunken tool will still be a drunken tool, even if some rich guy lives next door (for at least as long as it will take the rich guy to move out).

Intrinsic poverty is just that. The logical, predictable consequences of attitudes, actions, and efforts that do not move you up in the economy. I beat my head out trying to get my patients to not quit school and to take it seriously while they are there. I do this, not because I am channeling some social justic warrior, but because I know that in a knowlege and skill based economy, there is not a place for someone with a 4th grade education. Basic labor gets done by illegals that will work hard for cash under the table. The trades can't take you unless you can do the advanced work that most now require. No more painters that just have to be able to slap the white on the wall and blue on trim. Now it's HazMat management and complex finishes.

Intergenerational iron deficiency, where gen 1 is a girl who eats two leaves of lettuce at lunch and claims to be stuffed has just enough iron for her metabolism, but not enough for her pregnancy. Baby in gen 2 has irreversible brain damage from mom's lack of iron and ends up in special ed, then behavior school, then GED class, where he will be lucky to pass and even luckier to find an employer who sees these as even close to a HS diploma. Gen 3 has both extrinsic and intrinsic poverty and will be lucky to end up in a lower middle class life so they can rebuild the family. Not a thing a bout this phenomenon is affected in the least by your neighbor and can occur in rich people land.

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1905
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby bigredmed » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:22 pm

iamjacobm wrote:Yes and then those in poverty get priced out and move to the next cheap place of the city. That is very likely to be the old suburbs as the affluent keep |expletive| to the fringe and the core. The cheep stick built homes and apartments in inner suburbs will be the new "hood" eventually.


As is apparently happening in the area between 120th and 132nd south of Center.

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 9041
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby iamjacobm » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:25 pm

f locking is censored?

User avatar
HR Paperstacks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1732
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: West Central Omaha

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby HR Paperstacks » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:47 pm

iamjacobm wrote:f locking is censored?

I think the censor is defined as anything that starts with an "f" and ends with "cking"

User avatar
S33
County Board
Posts: 4554
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby S33 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:48 pm

iamjacobm wrote:f locking is censored?

Life's a motherflocker
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. - Winston Churchill

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28679
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby Brad » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:47 pm

Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1905
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby bigredmed » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:36 pm

May the thugs who hurt that lady and stole her purse at Cathedral meet justice soon. May it be swift, brutal and clear. May the drooling fools around them learn their lesson and stay away from this sort of animalistic behavior.

User avatar
Omababe
Planning Board
Posts: 2200
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am
Contact:

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby Omababe » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:32 am

bigredmed wrote:May the thugs who hurt that lady and stole her purse at Cathedral meet justice soon. May it be swift, brutal and clear. May the drooling fools around them learn their lesson and stay away from this sort of animalistic behavior.


That is scary! :( Unfortunately, things like this will continue to happen until the powers that be finally take crimes against persons seriously. :(

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1905
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby bigredmed » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:26 pm

One of them got arrested and got his mother arrested for aiding and abetting. So we got one to go.

User avatar
Omababe
Planning Board
Posts: 2200
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am
Contact:

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby Omababe » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:42 am

bigredmed wrote:One of them got arrested and got his mother arrested for aiding and abetting. So we got one to go.


What's kind of surprising was they apparently lived in a very nice area of Millard and not in the inner city!

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1905
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby bigredmed » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:46 pm

Omababe wrote:
bigredmed wrote:One of them got arrested and got his mother arrested for aiding and abetting. So we got one to go.


What's kind of surprising was they apparently lived in a very nice area of Millard and not in the inner city!



No, this apartment complex was heavily used for scattered site housing.

Linkin5
County Board
Posts: 3843
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby Linkin5 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:46 pm

Did they find the other sack of shi+ yet?

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6271
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby nebugeater » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:16 am

Linkin5 wrote:Did they find the other sack of shi+ yet?



KFAB news this morning said they are still looking for #2
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

omahacacher
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:01 pm

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby omahacacher » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:48 am

bigredmed wrote:
Omababe wrote:
bigredmed wrote:One of them got arrested and got his mother arrested for aiding and abetting. So we got one to go.


What's kind of surprising was they apparently lived in a very nice area of Millard and not in the inner city!



No, this apartment complex was heavily used for scattered site housing.

Actually, they live at 38th and Parker, which is less than a mile from the crime scene. That's why the mom was charged with Accessory to a Felony, because she was trying to hide her son at another location.

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1905
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby bigredmed » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:08 am

omahacacher wrote:
bigredmed wrote:
Omababe wrote:
bigredmed wrote:One of them got arrested and got his mother arrested for aiding and abetting. So we got one to go.


What's kind of surprising was they apparently lived in a very nice area of Millard and not in the inner city!



No, this apartment complex was heavily used for scattered site housing.

Actually, they live at 38th and Parker, which is less than a mile from the crime scene. That's why the mom was charged with Accessory to a Felony, because she was trying to hide her son at another location.


Thanks

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:21 pm

jessep28 wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:. Since the down and out and underprivileged have been brought in there have been a number of car jackings at 138th & Harrison.


I listen to the police scanner stream way too much, and cannot recall police being dispatched to a single carjacking in that area, let alone several. Carjackings are felonies, and are toned out over all the police channels.




Since you listen to the police scanner way too much I am sure you heard that the police raided the apartment complex on 138th & Harrison earlier this week and caught the guy who had robbed and punched the lady down in St Cecilias Catholic Church. They also arrested his Mom for helping him hide from the police. I'm pretty sure I have seen that guy at the Quick Trip on 136th & Q before. Like I said that apartment complex on 138th & Harrison is a satellite ghetto and deserves to be respected as such. I wish this place did not exist in my beloved Millard but it does. The only thing thats going to be accomplished by sticking your head in the ground like an ostrich is you could carelessly make yourself a victim and end up in the back of a police car crying out your story of woe.

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:32 pm

By the way that lady is crazy for hanging around St Cecilia's by herself when nobody is around. You better believe that if you walk alone down in that area there is going to be buzzards and vultures watching your every move. In defense of this poor woman she was from Iowa and may not of knew the danger she was putting herself in. Its dangerous for a big healthy guy like me to be down there let alone some old lady. That church is the most awesome church in town by far. There is a very good reason why not many people are down there enjoying it.

omahacacher
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:01 pm

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby omahacacher » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:25 pm

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:By the way that lady is crazy for hanging around St Cecilia's by herself when nobody is around. You better believe that if you walk alone down in that area there is going to be buzzards and vultures watching your every move. In defense of this poor woman she was from Iowa and may not of knew the danger she was putting herself in. Its dangerous for a big healthy guy like me to be down there let alone some old lady. That church is the most awesome church in town by far. There is a very good reason why not many people are down there enjoying it.

Huh, what? First you call the victim crazy, then you defend her? Make up your mind old timer.
As for me, I love visiting the Cathedral neighborhood and have never felt threatened there. I go to Lisa's Cafe frequently and love running through the Bemis Park area. Sure, being aware of one's surroundings is always prudent, whether in the Cathedral neighborhood or West Omaha, but it's not like walking around the streets of Fallujah. The victim just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, visiting one of Omaha's architectural treasures while a couple of thugs preyed on a senior citizen. She had just a good of a chance being mugged in the Westroads parking lot.

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:25 pm

omahacacher wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:By the way that lady is crazy for hanging around St Cecilia's by herself when nobody is around. You better believe that if you walk alone down in that area there is going to be buzzards and vultures watching your every move. In defense of this poor woman she was from Iowa and may not of knew the danger she was putting herself in. Its dangerous for a big healthy guy like me to be down there let alone some old lady. That church is the most awesome church in town by far. There is a very good reason why not many people are down there enjoying it.

Huh, what? First you call the victim crazy, then you defend her? Make up your mind old timer.
As for me, I love visiting the Cathedral neighborhood and have never felt threatened there. I go to Lisa's Cafe frequently and love running through the Bemis Park area. Sure, being aware of one's surroundings is always prudent, whether in the Cathedral neighborhood or West Omaha, but it's not like walking around the streets of Fallujah. The victim just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, visiting one of Omaha's architectural treasures while a couple of thugs preyed on a senior citizen. She had just a good of a chance being mugged in the Westroads parking lot.



You can not be serious. She would be at least 100 times safer in Westroads parking lot. I'm trying to educate people here and we got guys like you setting them up to get mugged. Are the streets of the Cathedral area like Fallujah? Yeah kinda a little bit. There is a reason why there are hardly any businesses down there.

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1905
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby bigredmed » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:05 pm

She is an innocent victim. There are thugs at the Westroads, but there are a lot of witnesses and security guards. She would be safer in the Westroads than in the Cathedral area.

The evil doers aren't the people in the neighborhood, they are the two criminal dbags that are now in jail. They are adult aged, and God willing they get charged with grand larceny, and assault and battery while committing a felony and if they did anything with her credit card, then get hopefully they add this. May they get a fair, but stiff sentence. Most importantly, may we never know these creeps again. Let us not speak their names, or see their faces again.

omahacacher
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:01 pm

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby omahacacher » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:15 pm

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
omahacacher wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:By the way that lady is crazy for hanging around St Cecilia's by herself when nobody is around. You better believe that if you walk alone down in that area there is going to be buzzards and vultures watching your every move. In defense of this poor woman she was from Iowa and may not of knew the danger she was putting herself in. Its dangerous for a big healthy guy like me to be down there let alone some old lady. That church is the most awesome church in town by far. There is a very good reason why not many people are down there enjoying it.

Huh, what? First you call the victim crazy, then you defend her? Make up your mind old timer.
As for me, I love visiting the Cathedral neighborhood and have never felt threatened there. I go to Lisa's Cafe frequently and love running through the Bemis Park area. Sure, being aware of one's surroundings is always prudent, whether in the Cathedral neighborhood or West Omaha, but it's not like walking around the streets of Fallujah. The victim just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, visiting one of Omaha's architectural treasures while a couple of thugs preyed on a senior citizen. She had just a good of a chance being mugged in the Westroads parking lot.



You can not be serious. She would be at least 100 times safer in Westroads parking lot. I'm trying to educate people here and we got guys like you setting them up to get mugged. Are the streets of the Cathedral area like Fallujah? Yeah kinda a little bit. There is a reason why there are hardly any businesses down there.


You're right, hardly any businesses down there. Except for Lisa's Cafe, Sweet Magnolias, Sonny Gerber, Hansen Upholstering, Western Union, Cuming Food Mart, Glimpse Gallery, Lyman-Richey Corp., Douger's Lounge, Salvation Army, Auto Zone, Mama's Pizza...shall I go on? Don't forget that the Cathedral is nestled in a RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORHOOD.
The last thing you are qualified to do is educate someone.

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:25 pm

omahacacher wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
omahacacher wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:By the way that lady is crazy for hanging around St Cecilia's by herself when nobody is around. You better believe that if you walk alone down in that area there is going to be buzzards and vultures watching your every move. In defense of this poor woman she was from Iowa and may not of knew the danger she was putting herself in. Its dangerous for a big healthy guy like me to be down there let alone some old lady. That church is the most awesome church in town by far. There is a very good reason why not many people are down there enjoying it.

Huh, what? First you call the victim crazy, then you defend her? Make up your mind old timer.
As for me, I love visiting the Cathedral neighborhood and have never felt threatened there. I go to Lisa's Cafe frequently and love running through the Bemis Park area. Sure, being aware of one's surroundings is always prudent, whether in the Cathedral neighborhood or West Omaha, but it's not like walking around the streets of Fallujah. The victim just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, visiting one of Omaha's architectural treasures while a couple of thugs preyed on a senior citizen. She had just a good of a chance being mugged in the Westroads parking lot.



You can not be serious. She would be at least 100 times safer in Westroads parking lot. I'm trying to educate people here and we got guys like you setting them up to get mugged. Are the streets of the Cathedral area like Fallujah? Yeah kinda a little bit. There is a reason why there are hardly any businesses down there.


You're right, hardly any businesses down there. Except for Lisa's Cafe, Sweet Magnolias, Sonny Gerber, Hansen Upholstering, Western Union, Cuming Food Mart, Glimpse Gallery, Lyman-Richey Corp., Douger's Lounge, Salvation Army, Auto Zone, Mama's Pizza...shall I go on? Don't forget that the Cathedral is nestled in a RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORHOOD.
The last thing you are qualified to do is educate someone.



So your saying you got about nothing! :woot:

Linkin5
County Board
Posts: 3843
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby Linkin5 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:21 am

omahacacher wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
omahacacher wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:By the way that lady is crazy for hanging around St Cecilia's by herself when nobody is around. You better believe that if you walk alone down in that area there is going to be buzzards and vultures watching your every move. In defense of this poor woman she was from Iowa and may not of knew the danger she was putting herself in. Its dangerous for a big healthy guy like me to be down there let alone some old lady. That church is the most awesome church in town by far. There is a very good reason why not many people are down there enjoying it.

Huh, what? First you call the victim crazy, then you defend her? Make up your mind old timer.
As for me, I love visiting the Cathedral neighborhood and have never felt threatened there. I go to Lisa's Cafe frequently and love running through the Bemis Park area. Sure, being aware of one's surroundings is always prudent, whether in the Cathedral neighborhood or West Omaha, but it's not like walking around the streets of Fallujah. The victim just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, visiting one of Omaha's architectural treasures while a couple of thugs preyed on a senior citizen. She had just a good of a chance being mugged in the Westroads parking lot.



You can not be serious. She would be at least 100 times safer in Westroads parking lot. I'm trying to educate people here and we got guys like you setting them up to get mugged. Are the streets of the Cathedral area like Fallujah? Yeah kinda a little bit. There is a reason why there are hardly any businesses down there.


You're right, hardly any businesses down there. Except for Lisa's Cafe, Sweet Magnolias, Sonny Gerber, Hansen Upholstering, Western Union, Cuming Food Mart, Glimpse Gallery, Lyman-Richey Corp., Douger's Lounge, Salvation Army, Auto Zone, Mama's Pizza...shall I go on? Don't forget that the Cathedral is nestled in a RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORHOOD.
The last thing you are qualified to do is educate someone.


The troll's feeding time was not for ten more hours, you are going to bloat the poor thing.

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:18 am

"The troll's feeding time was not for ten more hours, you are going to bloat the poor thing."

Well if you are going to be that way I will give you something to really cry to your mama about. "Were going to build a wall." "They all got to go back even the anchor babies." GO TRUMP!!! :koko:

User avatar
RNcyanide
Planning Board
Posts: 2748
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am
Location: Chalco

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby RNcyanide » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:33 am

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:"The troll's feeding time was not for ten more hours, you are going to bloat the poor thing."

Well if you are going to be that way I will give you something to really cry to your mama about. "Were going to build a wall." "They all got to go back even the anchor babies." GO TRUMP!!! :koko:


Do you smell toast?
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride

User avatar
RNcyanide
Planning Board
Posts: 2748
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am
Location: Chalco

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby RNcyanide » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:32 pm

When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21083
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby Coyote » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:25 am

RNcyanide wrote:http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/police-arrest-second-suspect-in-assault-robbery-of--year/article_a3f65916-4812-11e5-8241-935306f50438.html

They caught the other guy.


I really don't want to sound like a |expletive| head... But, punishment for said offenses should be Jared-esque. Did I just invent a new euphemism?
Image

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1905
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby bigredmed » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:40 am

Coyote wrote:
RNcyanide wrote:http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/police-arrest-second-suspect-in-assault-robbery-of--year/article_a3f65916-4812-11e5-8241-935306f50438.html

They caught the other guy.


I really don't want to sound like a |expletive| head... But, punishment for said offenses should be Jared-esque. Did I just invent a new euphemism?

:hammer: :clap:

Much hammering while we clap.

Hope these guys get the full sentence and serve every sentence consecutively. Hope the TV and radio stations cover the trial live and extensively cover the sentencing so that all the other brainaddled jerks who think committing crimes against the elderly is OK, get a fresh perspective. Especially in a church. Whether you are Catholic or not, that place is off limits and bothering people there will get you in deep trouble.

Linkin5
County Board
Posts: 3843
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby Linkin5 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:49 pm

It's even sadder that these were not some younger teens. You are 20 and 22, get a |expletive| job.

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1905
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby bigredmed » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:14 pm

Linkin5 wrote:It's even sadder that these were not some younger teens. You are 20 and 22, get a |expletive| job.


People who because of their social cueing and dysfunctional upbringing, effectively quit school at age 10-12 when getting good grades means you are "acting white" are simply not employable. Too stupid for the good jobs in the military, and past criminality would keep them from getting a security clearance. Basically, they can't go to college or trade school, they can't get into a trade union apprenticeship, military is out, and they lack basic skills needed for a good job with a chance to advance.

The gangs and other criminality are where they go.

Intrinsic poverty strikes again.

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 9041
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby iamjacobm » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:24 pm

There were 33 homicides in 2014. There have been 33 so far in 2015 with a third of the year to go.

User avatar
RNcyanide
Planning Board
Posts: 2748
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am
Location: Chalco

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby RNcyanide » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:09 pm

According to CNN, homicide is up in large cities across the nation. We're not alone, apparently.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21083
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby Coyote » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:34 pm

Did anyone catch dispatch this morning and an extremely drunk woman with a spray can, upset with her husband, doing a number to the side of her house and alleyway...?
Image

daveoma
Human Relations
Posts: 857
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby daveoma » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:24 pm

Coyote wrote:Did anyone catch dispatch this morning and an extremely drunk woman with a spray can, upset with her husband, doing a number to the side of her house and alleyway...?

HAHAHA! ! :lol:

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Crime in Omaha

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:14 pm

How about that story about the shop owner in the Old Market getting stabbed with a fork 15 to 20 times by a 6ft 6in crazy man. If you are going to have a shop in the Old Market with all the crazies down there you better have something to defend yourself in case one of the loons goes off the rails. I am not suggesting you have to have a gun under the counter but at least have a big metal club or something. They are saying this nut walked in and jumped over the counter and started stabbing the female employee with a fork he got from a restaurant next door. Wonder if it was from the Twisted Fork? :roll:


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dundeemaha and 2 guests