Travis Justice leaving TV business.

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Travis Justice leaving TV business.

Post by Brad »

I'm sure this thread will turn in to a Hate Fest, but what the heck...

According to Matt Perrault's facebook page, Travis is leaving Action 3 next month.  Getting out of the TV business all together.

It would not surprise me if he ends up being a public relations person for one of Omaha's big companies.

I wish him well, he's a good guy and done a lot for this city!
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Re: Travis Justice leaving TV business.

Post by Bosco55David »

Brad wrote:I'm sure this thread will turn in to a Hate Fest, but what the heck...

According to Matt Perrault's facebook page, Travis is leaving Action 3 next month.  Getting out of the TV business all together.

It would not surprise me if he ends up being a public relations person for one of Omaha's big companies.

Good riddance.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Bosco55David wrote:Good riddance.
Travis was the only one that spoke his mind not worrying what the Big Red Machine would think of him.  It was nice to hear people actually call a foul a foul and not gloss it over.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

He has a bit of an ego... but I did like what he brought to Omaha.  His backup (can't think of his name) sucks... I hope they find a new replacement.   I wonder if they'd let him continue to do the Sports Sound Off gig?   Wouldn't think there'd be too much preparation... just show up with Rob Zatechka and do it.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

:cheers:  :banger:  :woot:

I couldn't tell you the last time I actually even saw him on TV but I've never liked the guy.
DTO
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

Pretty much what D'Shawn said. I rarely watch the local news (or TV in general) but I never cared for Travis. He always came off as a blowhard jackass to me.
OmahaBen
Human Relations

Post by OmahaBen »

the1wags wrote:Pretty much what D'Shawn said. I rarely watch the local news (or TV in general) but I never cared for Travis. He always came off as a blowhard jackass to me.
Creighton fans better be prepared for fewer games on TV in coming seasons. The one good thing I can say about Travis is that he was a big proponent of local programming, and I think he was the inside man pushing the station to carry CU games. Once he's out, that may change.
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

Stargazer wrote:He has a bit of an ego.
Yeah.  And we got a bit of snow this past week.  The few times I saw him on his Sports Soundoff show, he sat, spoke and carried himself like he had multi million dollar contract on a nationally sydicated show.  He clearly thought he was much more than he really was.
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

joeglow wrote:
Stargazer wrote:He has a bit of an ego.
Yeah.  And we got a bit of snow this past week.  The few times I saw him on his Sports Soundoff show, he sat, spoke and carried himself like he had multi million dollar contract on a nationally sydicated show.  He clearly thought he was much more than he really was.
As opposed to some free-for-all low budget presentation? I don't see anything wrong with his approach. Always better to come overdressed than under dressed.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Ok...  if someone in the media has an actual opinion they come off as a "blowhard jackass"?  Funny because some people on here are Way More opinionated that Travis was.

Also Travis was a support of the Qwest Center, Downtown ballpark, and remember back in the day when he gave his support to light rail.  Dude owns 2 coffee shops in the eastern half of the city and is an overall supporter of downtown Omaha.  I guess all that is over ridden by the face that people disagree with his opinions.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Brad wrote:Ok...  if someone in the media has an actual opinion they come off as a "blowhard jackass"?  Funny because some people on here are Way More opinionated that Travis was.
In fairness, people are only blowhard jackasses if their actual opinion varies from one's own.
Stable genius.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Brad wrote:Ok...  if someone in the media has an actual opinion they come off as a "blowhard jackass"?  Funny because some people on here are Way More opinionated that Travis was.

Also Travis was a support of the Qwest Center, Downtown ballpark, and remember back in the day when he gave his support to light rail.  Dude owns 2 coffee shops in the eastern half of the city and is an overall supporter of downtown Omaha.  I guess all that is over ridden by the face that people disagree with his opinions.
I just never liked his demeanor. His voice grated on my nerves. I'm sure we have somethings we could both agree on but his public face I never really cared for. I couldn't tell you what he thought on a lot of things but I just never liked him as a media personality.
DTO
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

Yeah not ripping the guy because of his opinions or actions on community issues. He just has a demeanor (to me) that says "I think I'm hot |expletive| in this town". I just find him a bit arrogant. He could be the nicest guy in the world for all I know, but he comes off as a jerk while he's working IMO.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Oh yeah, and he is an Iowa fan.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

LOL. Maybe Travis is pretty cool after all.  :lol:
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote:
Travis was the only one that spoke his mind not worrying what the Big Red Machine would think of him.  It was nice to hear people actually call a foul a foul and not gloss it over.

Not the only on in the media locally by any measure.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Zilla
Library Board

Post by Zilla »

:thumb:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Equal Opportunity Hater.

Proudly oppressing the rest of Omaha with my suburbia lifestyle since 1999.
bargainhunter
Library Board

Post by bargainhunter »

Brad wrote:I'm sure this thread will turn in to a Hate Fest, but what the heck...

Brad pretty much called it....

http://omaha.com/section/money03
Travis Justice

Meyers-Carlisle-Leapley President Robert Carlisle announced the addition of Travis Justice as Director Of Business Development. Justice will officially join the company on January 19.
For the past 16 years, Justice has served as sports director at two different Omaha television stations, the last eight at KMTV Channel 3. An award-winning journalist, Justice developed and produced Sports Soundoff and served as the play-by-play announcer for Creighton University men's basketball games.
"Travis not only brings business knowledge and respect in our community, but he also has great leadership qualities that are key to our success," said Carlisle.
"All my life I have been around great teams," Justice said. "The team at Meyers-Carlisle-Leapley is committed to integrity, excellence and great customer service. I am truly excited about the opportunity to contribute to a first class organization."
On time and on budget for more than 22 years, Meyers-Carlisle-Leapley Construction believes that every owner's project is equally important regardless of size. It's the attention to detail throughout the construction process that delivers quality craftsmanship as well as long lasting, productive relationships.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

He joins the LONG list of former Omaha Media people doing the same thing...
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Good.  That windbag is the reason I quit watching KPTM for my news, and that is just when he had his commentary segment.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

bbinks wrote:Good.  That windbag is the reason I quit watching KPTM for my news, and that is just when he had his commentary segment.
KMTV?  He hasn't been at KPTM for about a decade.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Brad wrote:
bbinks wrote:Good.  That windbag is the reason I quit watching KPTM for my news, and that is just when he had his commentary segment.
KMTV?  He hasn't been at KPTM for about a decade.
That's right.  That's when I switched to KETV for my news.  I felt Justice was a putz then and he probably still is.  He just had a personality that got on my last nerve.  Back in the day I use to listen mostly to 98.5, then when they hired Rockett-in-the-morning I moved my dial away and it's not been back.  What ever happened to him?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Apparently Travis will have a new Morning Show on KXNO in DesMoines (Same station as Matt Perrault).
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote:Apparently Travis will have a new Morning Show on KXNO in DesMoines (Same station as Matt Perrault).

Moving?   Doesn't he live in or near Omaha and have a Coffee house business still?
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

http://www.omaha.com/article/20101024/N ... 49871/1026
A Duchesne Academy dad has started a new group — Men for Duchesne — to support the all-girls Catholic school and give guys a chance to network.

Former sportscaster Travis Justice said the group is intended to offer men a way to get more involved with the school and with their daughters. The group, however, isn't limited to dads but will embrace grandfathers, husbands of former students, friends and others interested in backing the school.
Many times, he said, much of the work of supporting schools falls to mom. As the father of a Duchesne freshman, his daughter, Abigail, he is new to the all-girl high school concept. The aim of the men's group is to provide networking opportunities and social get-togethers while raising some extra funds for Duchesne programs.
Soooo this article on Sunday means what then?  I wonder what takes his priority.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

If KPTM can do a News cast several hundred miles away, I am sure Travis can do a Radio show from Omaha.  Probably going to be doing it from one of KFAB's studios.
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

Apparently the new job isn't going so well...
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Looks like Travis Justice has been with MCL Construction for the last 3 1/2 years.  He now has received a two year apointment starting in Jan 14 to serve on the Nebraska Sports Council by Mayor Stothert.

http://www.mclconstruction.com/index.ph ... ppointment

MCL Construction Director of Business Development and Marketing Travis Justice has accepted an appointment by Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert to serve on the Nebraska Sports Council Board. The two-year term will start in January of 2014.

"Travis has a unique background in both sports and business.  The relationships Travis has developed during his career as a sports journalist will make him a valuable member of the Nebraska Sports Council.  I am pleased to appoint him as my representative on the Council," said Mayor Stothert.

The Nebraska Sports Council was founded in 1985 and offers opportunities for amateur athletes of all ages and abilities to showcase their athletic talents in a variety of events, including the Cornhusker State Games and The Big Red Challenge.

"We are very pleased that Mayor Stothert has appointed Travis to the Nebraska Sports Council Board of Directors," said Executive Director Dave Minarik.  "He has many years of experience in sports journalism, he is familiar with the Cornhusker State Games through past involvement, and he is very well-known in the Omaha business community."

The Nebraska Sports Council is governed by a 24-member statewide board of directors.  Programs of the Nebraska Sports Council are made possible because of the financial support of more than 60 corporate sponsors, in-kind and cash donations from more than 350 businesses and organizations, and the efforts of more than 2,500 volunteers.

Travis has been with MCL Construction for the last three and a half years.  Previously, he was the Sports Director at KMTV in Omaha and KPTM in Omaha.  Travis is married to Anjanette and has four children, Abigail, Owen, Mary, and Greta.

Nebraska Sports Council

http://www.nebraskasportscouncil.com/in ... cms&page=1

I will assume that he must be living in Omaha again.  All the current board members are from Omaha or Lincoln per their web page.
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

Never left.  Not sure where he does his show from (home? KFAB?) though...but he's still on the air in Des Moines and living in Omaha.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

HskrFanMike wrote:Never left.  Not sure where he does his show from (home? KFAB?) though...but he's still on the air in Des Moines and living in Omaha.
When he first started the show, he did it from KFAB, but now he does it from home.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

I thought there was a time he was living in a smmaler town in Western Iowa near Omaha.  Though that was tied to some of the discussion about some coffee shop thing they were trying.  Guess I remembered wrong.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

nebugeater wrote:I thought there was a time he was living in a smmaler town in Western Iowa near Omaha.  Though that was tied to some of the discussion about some coffee shop thing they were trying.  Guess I remembered wrong.
I believe he still is the owner of a coffee shop.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:
nebugeater wrote:I thought there was a time he was living in a smmaler town in Western Iowa near Omaha.  Though that was tied to some of the discussion about some coffee shop thing they were trying.  Guess I remembered wrong.
I believe he still is the owner of a coffee shop.
Coffee Shop is gone.  They lost their lease with the whole Saddle Creek Target area make over...