US Conference of Mayors long term metro population report-

Omaha area Housing and Market statistics

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Omaha Cowboy
The Don

US Conference of Mayors long term metro population report-

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Omaha’s metro (not CSA) is projected to grow 27.3% between 2016 to 2046 and have a population of 1,178,000 million.. keeping it at the ranking of the 58th largest metro. What is startling, is to see the projected population drops over the next 30 years of Rochester and especially Buffalo NY. The long term metro population projections are on the last 10 pages of the 82 page report. An interesting read..

The link:

http://www.usmayors.org/wp-content/uplo ... ent-12.pdf

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Re: US Conference of Mayors long term metro population report-

Post by guy4omaha »

Thanks for the stats from a fellow stat junkie. I am too embarrassed to admit how long I was just engrossed in that report. Ha!
My son got a 27 on his ACT. No this score is not as high as what Jeff's son achieved. But one has to remember the paternal gene-pool my son has to overcome. On a PGPAB [Paternal Gene-Pool Adjusted Basis], my son's score is a 37 and Jeff's son's PGPAB ACT score is 19.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

I’m pretty sure by 2046 Fremont will become part of the MSA.
15-17, 26, 32
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

MTO wrote:I’m pretty sure by 2046 Fremont will become part of the MSA.
Would Lincoln ever be added to the MSA? Or would it only be added to the CSA?
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Louie wrote:
Not likely MSA. Lincoln is it’s own MSA. But the US Census will be redefining Metro and CSA areas in 2018..and it is very possible the commuting % has reached the 15% threshold meaning a potential combined Omaha/Lincoln CSA starting next year...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

guy4omaha wrote:Thanks for the stats from a fellow stat junkie. I am too embarrassed to admit how long I was just engrossed in that report. Ha!
From one fellow stat junkie to another- You’re welcome :) ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

Louie wrote:
It’s possible if enough people start commuting between the core counties. I wouldn’t count on it though.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:
Louie wrote:
It’s possible if enough people start commuting between the core counties. I wouldn’t count on it though.
Not MSA. But as I stated in a post earlier today, if the commute patterns between Lincoln and Omaha have reached the 15% threshold, then a combined Omaha-Lincoln CSA is possible.. But also as I stated in an earlier post, the US Census will be redefining MSA/CSA areas in 2018, so the likelihood of a 1.3 million plus Omaha/Lincoln CSA is very possible as early as next year :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
TitosBuritoBarn wrote:
Louie wrote:
Not MSA. But as I stated in a post earlier today, if the commute patterns between Lincoln and Omaha have reached the 15% threshold, then a combined Omaha-Lincoln CSA is possible.. But also as I stated in an earlier post, the US Census will be redefining MSA/CSA areas in 2018, so the likelihood of a 1.3 million plus Omaha/Lincoln CSA is very possible as early as next year :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Whoops. Sorry Cowboy I missed your post.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:
TitosBuritoBarn wrote:
Louie wrote:

Ciao..LiO...Peace
It’s all good my friend :) ..

I’m really pulling for a combined Omaha/Lincoln CSA for 2018. My gut tells me there is a better than 50% chance the commute percentage between Omaha and Lincoln has reached 15%.. This is the key. I’m excited to see what happens...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
TitosBuritoBarn wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:
TitosBuritoBarn wrote:
Louie wrote:

Ciao..LiO...Peace

I’m really pulling for a combined Omaha/Lincoln CSA for 2018. My gut tells me there is a better than 50% chance the commute percentage between Omaha and Lincoln has reached 15%.. This is the key. I’m excited to see what happens...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
I’m gonna have to be cynical on this. There are cities that are a lot more connected, both in contiguous development and economic spheres, that are only at CSA status, such as San Francisco/San Jose, D.C/Baltimore, and LA/The Inland Empire. And then there are cities like Austin/San Antonio that aren’t even CSA level. I don’t think Omaha/Lincoln will be connected enough for a good while to be at CSA status.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Garrett wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:
TitosBuritoBarn wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:
TitosBuritoBarn wrote:
Louie wrote:

Ciao..LiO...Peace

Ciao..LiO...Peace
I’m gonna have to be cynical on this. There are cities that are a lot more connected, both in contiguous development and economic spheres, that are only at CSA status, such as San Francisco/San Jose, D.C/Baltimore, and LA/The Inland Empire. And then there are cities like Austin/San Antonio that aren’t even CSA level. I don’t think Omaha/Lincoln will be connected enough for a good while to be at CSA status.
Omaha and Lincoln connectivity, I suspect, is quite a bit a higher than you’re giving it credit for IMO.. Consider that I have friends who live in SW Omaha Suburbs that from their residence, can exit I-80 into downtown Lincoln in less than 30 minutes and vise-versa (as just one example I hear all the time)..

In the end, it boils down to the commute % hitting the 15% required sweet spot. If that happens, the US Census will need to redefine the Omaha/Lincoln CSA’s.. If not, the point is moot. But I think the number is closer to 15% now, than in 2007, when a delegation from Omaha, including members of the Omaha and Lincoln Chamber of Commerce, the Mayors office and my friends who work in the retail arena- Jeff Beals and Trenton Magid (co-hosts of the radio show Grow Omaha) trekked to Washington DC to present the case that Omaha/Lincoln should be a combined CSA.. Back then (10 years ago), the commute % was at 7 percent, so Washington told the Nebraska delegation, basically, thanks for your presentation but no thanks- you’re not there yet..

My hope is, 10 years later, we have arrived. If not, then it will probably be another 3-5 years before it is looked into again by our “friends” in Washington.. We shall see soon enough...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!