Millennials Population Growth per City

Omaha area Housing and Market statistics

Moderators: nebugeater, Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad

Coyote
City Council

Millennials Population Growth per City

Postby Coyote » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:39 am

Kelly: 'A great place to get going': More millennials are calling Omaha home

Michael Kelly - World-Herald columnist wrote:Among the 50 largest U.S. metros, the largest population growth among millennials in the past decade was in Charlotte, Houston, Austin, Seattle, Virginia Beach — and Omaha.

In May, the Seattle-based real estate database Zillow ranked Omaha No. 1 in a new category — lowest percentage of young adults 24 to 34 living with their parents. Omaha’s 11 percent was well below the U.S. average of 21 percent.

MadMartin8
Planning Board

Re: Millennials Population Growth per City

Postby MadMartin8 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:01 pm

Coyote wrote:Kelly: 'A great place to get going': More millennials are calling Omaha home

Michael Kelly - World-Herald columnist wrote:Among the 50 largest U.S. metros, the largest population growth among millennials in the past decade was in Charlotte, Houston, Austin, Seattle, Virginia Beach — and Omaha.

In May, the Seattle-based real estate database Zillow ranked Omaha No. 1 in a new category — lowest percentage of young adults 24 to 34 living with their parents. Omaha’s 11 percent was well below the U.S. average of 21 percent.

Ugh... time to build a wall around the city.

:P
No posts exist for this topic

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Postby bigredmed » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:15 pm

MadMartin8 wrote:
Coyote wrote:Kelly: 'A great place to get going': More millennials are calling Omaha home

Ugh... time to build a wall around the city.

:P

This may be the beginning of the end for one of our chronic problems. That 20 something's finish their degrees and leave only to get stuck on the coast where they can't have the life they could have had here once they hit their 30's.

Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:41 am

I find this to be excellent news..

In my generation (I was born in the early 60's) most people my age (24-34) in the mid 80's to mid 90's couldn't wait to "get out" of Omaha..

That perception has completely changed in the past 15 years or so. The reality of great job opportunity and lower cost of living..combined with the fact that you have pretty much everything you want here (the grass is not greener anymore).. Makes Omaha a great destination point for the millennial crowd locally and throughout the US...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

MTO
City Council

Postby MTO » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:12 pm

Leave it to the hipster millennials to turn a dive-bar trendy, a derelict neighborhood upscale and flyover country coastal.
15-17, 26, 32

Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:40 pm

MTO wrote:Leave it to the hipster millennials to turn a dive-bar trendy, a derelict neighborhood upscale and flyover country coastal.

I find it amusing you're critiquing ones of your own Jake :P ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

NovakOmaha
Parks & Recreation

Postby NovakOmaha » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:51 pm

I enjoyed the part about Brat Pitt being the "farmer from Omaha...."

Yep, just the other day I watched a video about the crops on the farm at 72nd & Dodge. Oh wait. That's the Crossroads parking lot...

MTO
City Council

Postby MTO » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:26 pm

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
MTO wrote:Leave it to the hipster millennials to turn a dive-bar trendy, a derelict neighborhood upscale and flyover country coastal.

I find it amusing you're critiquing ones of your own Jake :P ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace

Well I'm glad you realize it's all in jest, esoteric but yeah.
15-17, 26, 32

Return to “Statistics”