2017 population estimates and demographics from the Omaha Chamber of Commerce-

Omaha area Housing and Market statistics

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Omaha Cowboy
The Don

2017 population estimates and demographics from the Omaha Chamber of Commerce-

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Some interesting 2017 population projections based on total population/race/ethnicity and overall demographics for the Omaha CSA:

http://www.selectgreateromaha.com/Omaha ... f?ext=.pdf

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Athomsfere
Planning Board

Re: 2017 population estimates and demographics from the Omaha Chamber of Commerce-

Post by Athomsfere »

Link is dead now.... :shock: :evil:
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Re: 2017 population estimates and demographics from the Omaha Chamber of Commerce-

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Athomsfere wrote:Link is dead now.... :shock: :evil:
It sure is. I'll do some digging a bit later. It's possible they've had a web site update since I posted that link back in June...

Ciao.. LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Well, the closest link I can find to the removed previous, is this one from the Omaha Chamber. It actually has some interesting city/state rankings with links to each article:

https://www.omahachamber.org/economic-d ... advantage/

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Silverspoon
Home Owners Association

Post by Silverspoon »

Thats good info Cowboy. I have always felt that Omahas main goal should be to increase the population, and the size of the city. The bigger the better. Thats my mayoral campaign slogan!
Jim Flowers rules!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Silverspoon wrote:Thats good info Cowboy. I have always felt that Omahas main goal should be to increase the population, and the size of the city. The bigger the better. Thats my mayoral campaign slogan!
I agree. I also like this Omaha Chamber web page because it includes some very interesting ranking links. I think I’ve read through nearly half of them already, lol.. I don’t take them too seriously..but they are fun to read and decent enough pub for Omaha...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Bigger most certainly isn’t always better. Apples and oranges. What would benefit our area is a significant increase in per capita income from the present level. High wage jobs, not thousands of jobs paying barely minimum wage. Income levels that allow more of our residents to not need food stamps, rent subsidies, Medicaid and the like. Levels that allow our residents to not feel they have to work two and three jobs just to make ends meet. When per capita income rises, so do tax revenues, which in turn allows our elected leaders to make improvements to streets, parks, sewers, public safety and other “quality of life” metrics. That in turn tends to attract more companies to the area.
I’ll take quality over quantity any day. And, quality tends to beget quantity. Look at nearby metro areas Denver, Des Moines and the Twin Cities as examples.