Omaha Gentrification report-

Omaha area Housing and Market statistics

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Omaha Gentrification report-

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I found this to be some really interesting data.. Especially going back the last 20 years or so ago.. this shows Omaha at a current 21.4% gentrification rate for eligible city census tracts since 2000.. Also interesting is clicking the links for gentrification maps and seeing the data for the top 50 US population cities. Again, great and interesting data :thumb: ...

The link:

http://www.governing.com/gov-data/omaha ... -data.html

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
dwoodchip
New to the Neighborhood

Re: Omaha Gentrification report-

Post by dwoodchip »

This is really interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:I found this to be some really interesting data.. Especially going back the last 20 years or so ago.. this shows Omaha at a current 21.4% gentrification rate for eligible city census tracts since 2000.. Also interesting is clicking the links for gentrification maps and seeing the data for the top 50 US population cities. Again, great and interesting data :thumb: ...

The link:

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Not to sound dumb, but that 21.4% gentrification rate means there is still 78.6% of gentrifiable property that is not touched yet? Or am I reading this incorrectly?
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Louie wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:I found this to be some really interesting data.. Especially going back the last 20 years or so ago.. this shows Omaha at a current 21.4% gentrification rate for eligible city census tracts since 2000.. Also interesting is clicking the links for gentrification maps and seeing the data for the top 50 US population cities. Again, great and interesting data :thumb: ...

The link:

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Not to sound dumb, but that 21.4% gentrification rate means there is still 78.6% of gentrifiable property that is not touched yet? Or am I reading this incorrectly?
You do not sound dumb at all.. Basically it means 21.4% of eligible city Gentrification tracks have redeveloped and as you correctly state, that leaves 78.6% which qualify for Gentrification (a rebirth if you will) having yet to do so..

Still, Omaha ranks in the top 1/3rd of the nations 50 largest cities in Gentrification % rate...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

dwoodchip wrote:This is really interesting. Thanks for sharing.
You're very welcome :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!