Omaha/Qwest Center rank high with the MVC media..

Omaha area Housing and Market statistics

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Omaha/Qwest Center rank high with the MVC media..

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

A good read from the Saturday Wichita Eagle..Here is a highlight preview (15 of the 21 media members voted Omaha as the best city to visit in the MVC):

'THE VALLEY OF DECIBELS
Missouri Valley Conference media members (radio, TV, newspapers) were asked to return an informal and anonymous survey of home courts around the conference. Twenty-one returned surveys. Respondents who cover one school exclusively were asked not to vote for that school. Points were awarded on a 3-2-1 basis for the first two categories.

THE PLACE TO BE

Best total package of arena, amenities for fans, players and coaches, atmosphere and location:

1. Qwest Center, Creighton (54)

"It is hard to say there is a better arena right now in the league. I feel like I am walking into an NBA arena when I go to the Qwest to do a game and to me that is a big deal when you are playing in the MVC." --radio play-by-play voice

"A pro arena in a mid-major league. Has to be hands down pick." --newspaper beat writer

"Qwest Center in Omaha. Duh." --TV play-by-play voice

2. Koch Arena, Wichita State (37)

"To witness a college basketball game at this arena is a great experience. Not a bad seat in the place. They do it right." --radio play-by-play voice

3. Redbird Arena, Illinois State (21)

"Love the look of it, the location, easy parking and access. To me, it always had that big-time feel to it even when they are not drawing." --radio play-by-play voice

4. McLeod Center, Northern Iowa (6)

5. SIU Arena, Southern Illinois (3)

T6. Carver Arena, Bradley (2)

Knapp Center, Drake (2)

NICE PLACE TO VISIT

Recommend one MVC city for fans to visit:

1. Omaha 15

"Omaha is far and away my favorite destination in the Valley. It is a cosmopolitan city with plenty of restaurants, shopping and night life." --newspaper beat writer

2. Wichita (3)

3. Normal, Ill. (2)

4. Peoria, Ill. (1)'..

The complete story link:

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/sports ... 771999.htm

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Classier fans: Creighton. When CU was down at SIU their fans started chanting Creighton sucks.
When WSU was down at the Qwest - fans chanted NIT.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Awesome... Go post that on Valley Talk!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Brad wrote:Awesome... Go post that on Valley Talk!
That's where I got the link from..Of course, after I posted in the Valley Talk thread this story was contained in, I was attacked by 3 obsessive Wichitans..

Gee what a surprise..

:roll: ..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Nice!
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Wow, that's great!  Creighton games at the Qwest are certainly an awesome experience, but I had no idea "outsiders" in the Valley thought so highly of it, and that's really nice to hear.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

StreetsOfOmaha wrote:Wow, that's great!  Creighton games at the Qwest are certainly an awesome experience, but I had no idea "outsiders" in the Valley thought so highly of it, and that's really nice to hear.
They think very highly of Omaha as well..But that was not surprising..

:)  ..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

Yeah, but look at the competition....Carbondale, Des Moines, Wichita. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Great article. But yeah the competition is at best Wichita and Des Moines.
DTO
flyOMA
Home Owners Association

Post by flyOMA »

Are Wichitan's not the most insecure bunch this side of the Mississippi?  Jeez...

Maybe they are just ticked that their downtown looks like a West Omaha office park?  Or a slightly smaller city like Des Moines is kicking their butts in about every category?

Pretty funny stuff.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

flyOMA wrote:Are Wichitan's not the most insecure bunch this side of the Mississippi?  Jeez...

Maybe they are just ticked that their downtown looks like a West Omaha office park?  Or a slightly smaller city like Des Moines is kicking their butts in about every category?

Pretty funny stuff.
No doubt..Over on ValleyTalk, the Wichitan buffoonery runs high and deep..I suspect that this idiocy is isolated to the few select loonies who post over there..

They are certainly not representative of the fine citizens of Wichita that I've personally encountered over the years..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!