Named in "100 Best" for Children

Omaha area Housing and Market statistics

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

icejammer
County Board

Named in "100 Best" for Children

Post by icejammer »

Pottawattamie named one of '100 best' for children
As many parents may already know, Pottawattamie County can be a great and safe place to raise children.

A national organization recently agreed and named the county as one of America's "100 Best Communities for Young People."

America's Promise - The Alliance for Youth announced on national television in January the winners of its search for the best communities and counties from 1,000 applicants.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

That must be an ego-boost for Council Bluffs.  So, was Douglas County on that list?
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Can't say for sure if Douglas County was; as the article states, very few apps were made on a county-wide basis, so my guess would be no, but if anyone knows if Omaha proper and it's various other locales submitted individually, or if an app was made county-wide, please speak up.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan