UNO rankings

Omaha area Housing and Market statistics

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Erik
Parks & Recreation

UNO rankings

Post by Erik »

According to some research, UNO students learn more than all but 9 schools that participated....  This is what I consider as a true indication of the real goals of the university being reached.   The more the student learns, the better the quality of education..

This article actually is now making me lean towards UNO more so than Bellevue Univ to attain my Bachelors..

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=2 ... d=10407867

Report says UNO students learn more than peers
BY KHRISTOPHER J. BROOKS
WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER

Students at the University of Nebraska at Omaha gain more knowledge in their collegiate years than students at several other universities, a report from a New York group says.

The Council for Aid to Education recently released results from its Collegiate Learning Assessment, an exam administered to students at 176 colleges across the country, including UNO.

The assessment aims to measure how much a college student has learned from freshman year to senior year, a term commonly referred to in education as a student's "value-added learning."

UNO and other schools say the results give them a better understanding of how effectively professors are teaching.
MODERATOR EDIT - WHEN POSTING NEWSPAPER STORIES, YOU MUST INCLUDE A LINK TO THE STORY AND YOU CAN NOT POST THE WHOLE STORY.  PLEASE SEE EMAIL FORM THE OWH.  THANKS.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

I HIGHLY recommend you attend UNO... and more importantly NOT Bellevue University.  I helped my brother-in-law through Bellevue's computer science bachelors program... it was a complete joke.  If you are already proficient in programming, you may be able to use that piece of paper awarded you to help land a job (unless the employer is on to Bellevue's worthless program)... but in the case of my brother-in-law, coming in with no prior computer knowledge... he graduated no better equipped to find a job in the IT field... than when he entered the program.  It's no wonder they are able to tout that they have more people in their MBA program than all other Nebraska schools combined... people have obviously figured out that they can get an MBA degree with little/no work at Bellevue University... and no surprise, getting a 'degree' without having to do any work will cost you more than most every good public university in Nebraska as well.  You will get a better education at -Metro-... than you would get attending Bellevue.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
Erik
Parks & Recreation

Post by Erik »

Stargazer wrote:I HIGHLY recommend you attend UNO... and more importantly NOT Bellevue University.  I helped my brother-in-law through Bellevue's computer science bachelors program... it was a complete joke.  If you are already proficient in programming, you may be able to use that piece of paper awarded you to help land a job (unless the employer is on to Bellevue's worthless program)... but in the case of my brother-in-law, coming in with no prior computer knowledge... he graduated no better equipped to find a job in the IT field... than when he entered the program.  It's no wonder they are able to tout that they have more people in their MBA program than all other Nebraska schools combined... people have obviously figured out that they can get an MBA degree with little/no work at Bellevue University... and no surprise, getting a 'degree' without having to do any work will cost you more than most every good public university in Nebraska as well.  You will get a better education at -Metro-... than you would get attending Bellevue.

I choose metro at first to really get my feet wet, that and metro is recognized as a very good community college by many including Microsoft..  With that said, I thank you Stargazer for giving me that advice!  I am not just in it for the paper, I am in it to learn.. I am in between quarters right now and I am still studying the courses that I have previously covered so that not only do I 'not lose' what I have already learned, but to put it all together...

I am also aware of the Kiewit technology center at UNO and how it is beginning to build a very quality NATIONAL reputation.. So, I believe that it is beginning to be very clear as to where I should head off to for my bachelors, most likely masters and (you never know) maybe even doctorates..

Metro has been very good to me as they have been very good at making you work for your grade, although I take 3 courses a semester, I also work fulltime or more at the same time and it takes a lot of time and work to attain the straight A's that I have been earning each quarter...