Late Night Study Areas? Perhaps 24 hours?

Visitors and Residents can ask Questions about Omaha here

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Late Night Study Areas? Perhaps 24 hours?

Post by Guest »

Do you guys have late-night coffee shops? I am from Saint Louis and we had a place called the Grind, open until 3am, recently sold to become a club, and another, called Coffee Cartel, which is still open and my main spot.

I stay up late after work and study till early morning, so what are the spots to check out?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

The Starbucks on 114th and Dodge used to be 24 hours. Don't know if it still is.
omaproud
Home Owners Association

Post by omaproud »

I've heard that the Donut Stop on South 13 St is a late-night study place.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Doughnut Stop wont get you internet and if you can study through the board games and drunk people it would be a great spot.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Blueline Coffee (at least the North Downtown location) was supposed to be open late, plus they serve wine and beer. During the week they might close earlier (like 11:00). I'm not totally sure, and their hours may change with the bar closing times.

I enjoy Mr. Toad's atmosphere for studying and reading (though the lighting is a little dim) during the week. It's in the Old Market at 10th and Howard Sts.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

I know caffeine dreams is open till at least 11 every nite.
riceweb
Library Board

Post by riceweb »

I'm consistently disappointed in the lack of 24-hour coffee joints in this town. Surely with three colleges close by, the Midtown area would be perfect for this sort of thing, yet by 10 o'clock, this city shuts down.
riceweb
Library Board

Post by riceweb »

Finally found a coffee shop open late on Sundays. 13th St Coffee Company is open 'til 11. Not sure there's anything later.
skywalker23
New to the Neighborhood

Post by skywalker23 »

omaproud wrote:I've heard that the Donut Stop on South 13 St is a late-night study place.
Donut Stop would be a big mistake. Loud teenagers (such as myself ;)) playing board games, chatting, and generally being obnoxious.
I would be surprised if the universities in Omaha didn't have libraries that stay open late. I know UNOs is open to the public; when I went to school at WHS sometimes me and my friends would study there because it was quiet and nice. I don't know if it's open late though. But I go to NU now and libraries are open until 3am weekdays, midnight on weekends. So Creighton and UNO are probably open late too...