What is the Latino area in Omaha? Club-wise?

Visitors and Residents can ask Questions about Omaha here

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

What is the Latino area in Omaha? Club-wise?

Post by Guest »

I'm Latino & moving to Omaha...what is the Latino Area, do they have a Latino club spot?
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

I don't know about clubs, but there are a lot of hispanic businesses in the immigrant-heavy neighborhoods south and east of Farnam and 30th.
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

Guaca Maya (sp?) turns into a nightclub after ten. Other than that, I've no clue.
Omababe
Planning Board

Re: What is the Latino area in Omaha? Club-wise?

Post by Omababe »

Anonymous wrote:I'm Latino & moving to Omaha...what is the Latino Area, do they have a Latino club spot?
I'm sure there are a few along 24th. in South Omaha.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Welcome Guest,

When you say Latino, do you mean clubs/restaurants where Spanish is the primary language spoken, or do you simply mean clubs with Latin dance, Salsa, Tango, Flamenca, etc.?

South Omaha, along South 24th St., is the heart of Omaha's Latino population, though there are many enclaves and areas with higher concentrations of Latino/Hispanic/Chicano-owned businesses.

I'm sure others would be able to talk about what clubs have what kind of music/dancing.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963