Moving to Papillion

Visitors and Residents can ask Questions about Omaha here

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

edsas
Human Relations

Moving to Papillion

Post by edsas »

Hello everybody!

After 10 years in California, my family moved back to Nebraska in January.  Jobs were scarce last winter so I took what I could find which was a job at a call center in Columbus. They promoted me to supervisor after 2 months.   :lol:

Meanwhile, my wife has been doing the transition to teaching program. As a seasoned and talented journalist, her hard work finally paid off big time. Papillion La Vista South has hired her as their new journalism teacher. We're super excited. And I'm stoked about moving to Omaha.  We'll be looking at a townhouse in Papillion on Monday.

Any and all advice is welcome.  The move will happen in about 3 weeks.  I could use some job tips, too.  I figure call centers are always an option since I now have that kind of experience. But I'll consider any suggestions any of you might have. Thanks!
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

West seems to be in a general hiring mode... or at least they are running television ads to that effect.

And it's nice to hear from you again. :)
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
SabrinaFaire
Home Owners Association

Post by SabrinaFaire »

Welcome! I agree about West. I work in Oriental Trading's call center but they just did a hiring thing not long ago. Not sure if they'll have another one soon or not.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the Welcome, guys.  Especially you, Jeff.  I miss seeing you and Aaron over at skyscraperpage.[/b]
edsas
Human Relations

Post by edsas »

Oops. Forgot to log in.
SabrinaFaire
Home Owners Association

Post by SabrinaFaire »

HR just posted a Call Center Supervisor position today for OTC. It's not posted externally yet, just internally. There's also an outbound supervisor position posted and that one is posted externally. If you're interested.

http://www.myotccareer.com
edsas
Human Relations

Post by edsas »

SabrinaFaire wrote:HR just posted a Call Center Supervisor position today for OTC. It's not posted externally yet, just internally. There's also an outbound supervisor position posted and that one is posted externally. If you're interested.

Thank you. I never pictured myself working at a call center, but I actually enjoy it -- as a supervisor, at least.
InTheO!
New to the Neighborhood

Post by InTheO! »

Welcome to the area! Papillion is a nice place and small enough so that it doesn't really have a bad part, at least to my knowledge. Even the older areas/smaller homes have friendly people living in them. Since it's a metro of Omaha you might also consider branching out in your search for a place, like LaVista, Ralston or even Omaha. Just to give you some more options.

If your going to rent I suggest doing a search about renting to find out the places to avoid.
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

InTheO! wrote:Welcome to the area! Papillion is a nice place and small enough so that it doesn't really have a bad part, at least to my knowledge. Even the older areas/smaller homes have friendly people living in them. Since it's a metro of Omaha you might also consider branching out in your search for a place, like LaVista, Ralston or even Omaha. Just to give you some more options.

If your going to rent I suggest doing a search about renting to find out the places to avoid.
Crime wise, I agree.  However, my wife works at a doctor's clinic in Papillion and I will tell you, they have way more than their fair share of white trash.

Post by Guest »

We seem to have our fair of white trash out west here too... or at least they skip over the rest of the area's Walmart locations in favor of ours.
DeWalt
Human Relations

Post by DeWalt »

edsas wrote:
SabrinaFaire wrote:HR just posted a Call Center Supervisor position today for OTC. It's not posted externally yet, just internally. There's also an outbound supervisor position posted and that one is posted externally. If you're interested.

Thank you. I never pictured myself working at a call center, but I actually enjoy it -- as a supervisor, at least.
Hey - just wondering if you found a place to live, landed work, and are getting settled in?

And welcome to the Omaha area!
JPenny
Home Owners Association

Post by JPenny »

We seem to have our fair of white trash out west here too... or at least they skip over the rest of the area's Walmart locations in favor of ours.
i think it has more to do with walmart being a white trash magnet than white trash people living out there... haha
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

As far as suburbia goes I can't complain about Papio, at least where I live.  All 3 schools are within walking distance, as are several grocery stores and other things.  The commute to work is still easy as well.