Living in Omaha, working in Iowa

Visitors and Residents can ask Questions about Omaha here

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

royalfan5
New to the Neighborhood

Living in Omaha, working in Iowa

Post by royalfan5 »

So I maybe moving back to the Omaha area in the near future, however, I would be working in Omaha. I would prefer to live in Omaha, but need advice on what areas provide good access to 680/or80 to get to Iowa.  Last time I lived in Omaha, I was able to live and work close together out west. Thoughts, suggestions? I would be seeking apartment living for the first stretch anyway.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

There are apartments at 114 and center that I heard are nice and that would give you great access to both 80 and 680.  There are also apartments at 60 th just north of 80 but I don't know much about them.  There are a lot of apartments in the 96th and q area that would be decently close to 80.
DeWalt
Human Relations

Re: Living in Omaha, working in Iowa

Post by DeWalt »

royalfan5 wrote:So I maybe moving back to the Omaha area in the near future, however, I would be working in Omaha. I would prefer to live in Omaha, but need advice on what areas provide good access to 680/or80 to get to Iowa.  Last time I lived in Omaha, I was able to live and work close together out west. Thoughts, suggestions? I would be seeking apartment living for the first stretch anyway.
An often overlooked option is far North Omaha - specifically the Florence area.  It is directly south of I-680 which, as you know, takes you over to I-29 and/or I-80.  My brother-in-law & his family live up there.  He works clear out by PayPal.  It takes him roughly 15 minutes to get to work.

Something to consider.
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

DeWalt wrote:
royalfan5 wrote:So I maybe moving back to the Omaha area in the near future, however, I would be working in Omaha. I would prefer to live in Omaha, but need advice on what areas provide good access to 680/or80 to get to Iowa.  Last time I lived in Omaha, I was able to live and work close together out west. Thoughts, suggestions? I would be seeking apartment living for the first stretch anyway.
An often overlooked option is far North Omaha - specifically the Florence area.  It is directly south of I-680 which, as you know, takes you over to I-29 and/or I-80.  My brother-in-law & his family live up there.  He works clear out by PayPal.  It takes him roughly 15 minutes to get to work.

Something to consider.
Good post. The Florence area is pretty underrated.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I toured a couple apartments for photo shoots today.  One was a 50th and Grover, the other was at 54th and Grover.  Both were nice and have great interstate access.
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

Brad wrote:I toured a couple apartments for photo shoots today.  One was a 50th and Grover, the other was at 54th and Grover.  Both were nice and have great interstate access.
Do you do any 360 degree shoots for apartments and condos?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I have the equipment to do it, I just don't know how.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Brad wrote:I have the equipment to do it, I just don't know how.
I use flash for those.  It works pretty well and isn't too awful hard to get the hang of.  Pardon the pun, but give it a shot!
Last edited by almighty_tuna on Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

Brad wrote:I have the equipment to do it, I just don't know how.
Just wondering. I know a buddy of mine sells, or did before he moved, virtual tours to property management companies. I guess they are pretty big money-makers.

Post by Guest »

DeWalt wrote:

Something to consider.
Are there plentiful apartments up there? It's hard to see into it from 680 while passing through at speed. I am leaning towards the stuff around 94th and Dodge, as it seems to fairly well located for my needs.  I have no desire to mess with a house, and would much rather stick with a fairly large apartment complex at this point in time.
royalfan5
New to the Neighborhood

Post by royalfan5 »

I guess I didn't realize I wasn't logged in when I posted that last response.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Anonymous wrote: Are there plentiful apartments up there? It's hard to see into it from 680 while passing through at speed. I am leaning towards the stuff around 94th and Dodge, as it seems to fairly well located for my needs.  I have no desire to mess with a house, and would much rather stick with a fairly large apartment complex at this point in time.
I lived at 90th and Burt (dodge) and it was a great location!
DeWalt
Human Relations

Post by DeWalt »

Anonymous wrote:
DeWalt wrote:

Something to consider.
Are there plentiful apartments up there? It's hard to see into it from 680 while passing through at speed. I am leaning towards the stuff around 94th and Dodge, as it seems to fairly well located for my needs.  I have no desire to mess with a house, and would much rather stick with a fairly large apartment complex at this point in time.
No, there are not a lot of apartments.  But there are a few.  

Florence (extreme NE Omaha) is a unique, old, bizarre and awesome area of Omaha.  Extremely hilly, affordable, diverse.  In a way, it's like you drove into a small rural Nebraska town.