Transplant from Western Kansas reporting in.

Visitors and Residents can ask Questions about Omaha here

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

morajic
New to the Neighborhood

Transplant from Western Kansas reporting in.

Post by morajic »

I moved to Omaha a week ago to take a job here.  The City is (mostly) beautiful, and I haven't met a stranger yet!  Thanks for the warm welcome I've received and I hope to spend years to come in this fine City!
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Hope all goes well for you!  If you have any questions about anything just ask!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Welcome!
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Welcome to Omaha AND Nebraska!

Where we're you inKansas if you care to say?
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
morajic
New to the Neighborhood

Post by morajic »

nebugeater wrote:Welcome to Omaha AND Nebraska!

I moved here from Dodge City.  So far I'm liking it here a lot better.  There are a few things I dislike, but they are to be expected coming from a small town.  There are some crazy drivers here, some crazy people in my neighborhood (north Omaha), but the shopping and food seem limitless (doesn't take much to beat what my last home had to offer).

My wife does have a question though.  What is Creighton Prep, or more specifically, what agegroup does it serve and how much does it cost?  We have an 8 year old son and sending him to a private school may be a good option.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

morajic wrote:
nebugeater wrote:Welcome to Omaha AND Nebraska!

I moved here from Dodge City.  So far I'm liking it here a lot better.  There are a few things I dislike, but they are to be expected coming from a small town.  There are some crazy drivers here, some crazy people in my neighborhood (north Omaha), but the shopping and food seem limitless (doesn't take much to beat what my last home had to offer).

My wife does have a question though.  What is Creighton Prep, or more specifically, what agegroup does it serve and how much does it cost?  We have an 8 year old son and sending him to a private school may be a good option.
It is a high school only.  I think it is up to around 8000 a year right now, I know it was a bit less when I went there.  There are a lot of Catholic private grade/middle schools in Omaha if you are interested in taking that course.