Reputable site of rentals of houses, and jobs in Omaha

Visitors and Residents can ask Questions about Omaha here

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

JnB
New to the Neighborhood

Reputable site of rentals of houses, and jobs in Omaha

Post by JnB »

Hello,
1. I know about Craig's List (and that it has many scams), are the other sites that are reputable for rentals (NOT apartments but private homes),
2. and for jobs in Omaha?
3. Also, can anyone recommend good Temp Agencies for Administrative jobs,
4. and another temp agency for General Labor type jobs that a man might go after?
Thanks so much!
nebugeater
City Council

Re: Reputable site of rentals of houses, and jobs in Omaha

Post by nebugeater »

JnB wrote:Hello,
1. I know about Craig's List (and that it has many scams), are the other sites that are reputable for rentals (NOT apartments but private homes),
4. and another temp agency for General Labor type jobs that a man might go after?
Thanks so much!

The company I work for use aurstaff for general temp labor jobs.  They have been good to work with and their employees say good things about them for the most part.   They have both short terma nd long term placements.

http://www.aurstaff.com/
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
JnB
New to the Neighborhood

Post by JnB »

nebugeater wrote: The company I work for use aurstaff for general temp labor jobs.  They have been good to work with and their employees say good things about them for the most part.   They have both short terma nd long term placements.
http://www.aurstaff.com/
Thank you, that's exactly the kind of answers i'm looking for.
SabrinaFaire
Home Owners Association

Post by SabrinaFaire »

JnB wrote:Hello,
Thanks so much!
I can't, really. I've tried most of them, and most have been a waste of time. Hemphill was the worst. Celebrity (owned by C&A which owns Aurstaff) was very polite to me and I didn't feel like they were wasting my time, but didn't help me find a job, so there's that. Kelly did, in the end, help me find this one but they also lied to me about how long I'd be temp to hire. So if you go that route for an Admin type job, be wary. I have 10 years of experience as an Executive/Administrative Assistant and couldn't find anything that paid better than $11/hour unless you had a four year degree, which I don't at present.

Try http://www.careerlink.com, that's a good website for job listings though.
JnB
New to the Neighborhood

Post by JnB »

I can't, really. I've tried most of them, and most have been a waste of time. Hemphill was the worst. Celebrity (owned by C&A which owns Aurstaff) was very polite to me and I didn't feel like they were wasting my time, but didn't help me find a job, so there's that. Kelly did, in the end, help me find this one but they also lied to me about how long I'd be temp to hire. So if you go that route for an Admin type job, be wary. I have 10 years of experience as an Executive/Administrative Assistant and couldn't find anything that paid better than $11/hour unless you had a four year degree, which I don't at present.

Try http://www.careerlink.com, that's a good website for job listings though.
Thank you. I'm not looking for it to be anything but tempwork till i find a job on my own, but of course if it was a way to find permanent work, it's a plus. But i'm not counting on that.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Some recruiters tend to respond more promptly if you put your resume on Careerbuilder or Monster than dealing with them directly.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum