lease in Omaha

Visitors and Residents can ask Questions about Omaha here

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

alvarete85

lease in Omaha

Post by alvarete85 »

Hi everybody,

I am from Spain and I am going to work in Omaha from June to November on UNMC, so I will need tho lease a house/apt near to UNMC. Do you now where I can find houses for short term stays??

Thanks!
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

alvarete85 wrote:Hi everybody,

I am from Spain and I am going to work in Omaha from June to November on UNMC, so I will need tho lease a house/apt near to UNMC. Do you now where I can find houses for short term stays??

Thanks!
UNMC has a housing office for it's students, and they may be able to help you.

Here is this URL:  http://www.unmc.edu/studentservices/housing.htm

As I assume you will not have a car, the neighborhood immediately to the south of UNMC is called the Holy Cross neighborhood (due to the name of the Catholic church that serves that area.)  Lot of nice small homes for rent and sale there.   This is easy access to and from the Durham Research buildings.    The neighborhood to the east of UNMC has a lot of apartments and condos.   These are close to the College of Public Health.    This neighborhood doesn't have a name, but is generally referred to as the "med center" or "mutual of Omaha" neighborhood.   Both are pleasant and walkable to and from campus.  The Holy Cross area is closer to banks and grocery stores.  

The Med Center is next to a couple of banks and works with a credit union called Metro Health Credit Union which is directly west of campus and has ATMs in the Hospital.

In case you get homesick for Spanish food, there is a place called Espana in Benson that makes good Paella and excellent Tapas.   I was in Barcelona for a meeting about 18 months ago, and their food stacks up to the Tapas and other food I had there.