Living "Downtown?"

Visitors and Residents can ask Questions about Omaha here

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Dive5
New to the Neighborhood

Living "Downtown?"

Post by Dive5 »

Hi everyone!!

I just found out I will be taking a job out in Omaha come December and I am in need of a little help.I am looking for an place to live in Omaha. Im looking to spend about $750-800/mo for a 1bedrm, or up to $1200/mo for a two bedroom. I would LOVE to live where it is an easy walk to night life from my place of residence. I also love the lots all over the city and would prefer them to a regular apartment. I have primarily been looking at Old Market since that is where it looks like downtown is (please correct me if Im wrong). A big thing that I saw a lot of people have pointed out and I have also noticed is that most of these places are only cat friendly. I have a fantastic dog who is around 65-70ish lbs, so a pet friendly place is a must.

Thanks for all of the help, I'm pretty excited for the move (even though it is a little ways a way).
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Benson has just as much night life as the old market. Arguably more on many occasions. Don't count out that area. Not much for the type of apt/condo living like downtown/old market has to offer, but many houses in the area where your dog would be welcome.
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

Isnt midtown crossing dog friendly?  its not far from downtown and it is nice. not sure on pricing though
Go Cubs Go