Help Narrowing Down Apartments

Visitors and Residents can ask Questions about Omaha here

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Help Narrowing Down Apartments

Post by Guest »

I will be moving to Omaha at the end of the month and have narrowed down my choices on apartments.

- SLATE
- 1501 Jackson
- The Wire

If anyone can tell me the ups and downs of any of the three I would appreciate it!
BRoss
IT Director

Re: Help Narrowing Down Apartments

Post by BRoss »

All good choices.

Here's the threads for each:
1501 - http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=8245" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Wire - http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=14464" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Slate - http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=12724" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Btw - I met this person at Goodnight's and he seemed really cool. Told him to ask here for advice. I thought I'd point to our discussions about each location. Any additional thoughts?

(Edit: Wow, I finally made it to 1000 after nine years!!!!)
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

HR Paperstacks wrote:(Edit: Wow, I finally made it to 1000 after nine years!!!!)
Congrats:
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

My sister lives in the Wire, and the rooftop deck are is especially awesome. The building is filled with a ton of nice amenities.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Here's another thread out there that may be useful - The Urban Residential INDEX Thread
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

1501 is by the fire station but is closer to the Old Market. I think The Wire probably has better amenities than Slate.
schumatt
Home Owners Association

Post by schumatt »

As a current resident at The Wire, I can say that the building is very nice. The amenities are probably the best of any of the NuStyle properties (Slate is also a NuStyle building). Construction is wrapping up this month, so it will be nice to have things settle down in that regard. The views from the units (as long as you're not on the south side, which faces directly into the CenturyLink/AT&T building) and from the rooftop decks can't be beat! The common areas are great, and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished atrium. The redevelopment of the Civic Auditorium property, just a couple blocks northeast will be a HUGE win for the area, too.

I looked at 1501, but found the value wasn't on par with what The Wire offered. The units at 1501 are nice, but I thought the price was too high for the quality/limited amenities.

I didn't really consider Slate, since the floorplans didn't really appeal to me. Plus, after I toured The Wire, the bar was set pretty high for the competition.

Any specifics you're looking for? Glad to help if I can. Feel free to ask here in the forum or PM me.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

I always wondered if they did anything with the south side, like frosting the windows to let light in but obscuring the brick wall an arm's reach across the alley.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

RNcyanide wrote:I always wondered if they did anything with the south side, like frosting the windows to let light in but obscuring the brick wall an arm's reach across the alley.
The apartment windows are directly across from the windows into the CenturyLink/AT&T building. Depending on the floor you are on office workers are sitting 15 feet from your living room and there is nothing obscuring the view of either party. The unit I was in was across from an office area that at least was empty in the evening.