Where to keep my motorcycle in Dundee

Visitors and Residents can ask Questions about Omaha here

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

heyimjason
New to the Neighborhood

Where to keep my motorcycle in Dundee

Post by heyimjason »

I just moved back to Omaha after spending a few years in the South. I live near 50-ish and California, and the neighborhood seems nice 'n mellow and safe. I stepped out of my apartment today and saw my neighbor was having a window replaced in his car. I asked what happened, and someone had just broken in to steal his seat belts (didn't touch the CD player or anything). He mentioned someone else had their Jeep wheels stolen a few months back. So, I'm guessing I probably don't want to keep my motorcycle out there.

Are there any sort of vehicle storage places around? Ideally, I'd like a place with 24 hour access, and the ability to leave my truck there while I'm on the bike. My apartment has 2 garages, but they're occupied, and I doubt any other place around here is going to rent a garage to a non-tenant.
"I finally figured out what email is for.  It's for communicating with people you'd rather not talk to."  -George Carlin
Coyote
City Council

Re: Where to keep my motorcycle in Dundee

Post by Coyote »

Welcome back - 5+ years in between posts!
heyimjason
New to the Neighborhood

Post by heyimjason »

Thanks.
Yeah, it's definitely been a while. It's weird - every other part of Omaha is chock-full of storage places, but there are none around me.
"I finally figured out what email is for.  It's for communicating with people you'd rather not talk to."  -George Carlin
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Looks like there's one right by you at 1140 Radial Hwy, it's called Armor Storage.
heyimjason
New to the Neighborhood

Post by heyimjason »

Yep, I did see that and called them. Their smallest unit is something like 15' x 10' and they want $100 per month for it. That's way too much wasted space - plus, there's no place to keep my truck if I want to take the bike out.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

heyimjason wrote:Yep, I did see that and called them.  Their smallest unit is something like 15' x 10' and they want $100 per month for it.  That's way too much wasted space - plus, there's no place to keep my truck if I want to take the bike out.
I used to live in an older apartment building not too far from there and people could pay a little extra to store something in the basement, have you asked your landlord if they have anything like that?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I am vacating my storage unit in midtown at the end of the month, but its in that same $100 range you don't want.
heyimjason
New to the Neighborhood

Post by heyimjason »

Nah, basement storage wouldn't work. My motorcycle is too big and heavy to even consider stairs.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Not sure if Benson is too far away, but you could try and contact Larkins Parkin.