Amazon.com Wish List Philanthropy?

Visitors and Residents can ask Questions about Omaha here

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

DeafEyes777
New to the Neighborhood

Amazon.com Wish List Philanthropy?

Postby DeafEyes777 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:09 pm

I know Omaha has the highest number of wealthy people in the United States per Capita, but the question is, are they as philanthropic as I have heard that some of them are said to be?

I know that kids and homeless people get a lot of attention, but what about poor people who doesn't have much and are struggling due to mental illness?

I have severe bipolar depression and anxiety, so I really don't go out much. It's even harder for me to find and keep a job.

Right now, I live in a low cost apartment thanks to my SSI (by the way, even renting a full cost apartment or house is even more expensive than SSI alone!) How many vacant GOOD homes do we have here in Omaha? PLENTY! We could solve the homeless/low-income problem by filling some of them.

But anyway, I have an Amazon Wish List in several categories, and would like generous people to help buy some items for me on my wish list.

I can email you the lists, or you can ask me for my Amazon.com Wish List name so you can have a look yourself.

Thanks for looking!

Linkin5
County Board

Re: Amazon.com Wish List Philanthropy?

Postby Linkin5 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:01 pm

Not sure buying you stuff you want from Amazon is philanthropy, I could be wrong though.

NEDodger
Library Board

Postby NEDodger » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:17 am

If buying you stuff on Amazon is the barometer for philanthropy, consider me pretty cold-hearted.

RNcyanide
Planning Board

Postby RNcyanide » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:30 am

Only if you're a Nigerian Prince.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride

Return to “Welcome to Omaha”