Dog Friendly Apartments/Condos

Visitors and Residents can ask Questions about Omaha here

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Outoftowner
New to the Neighborhood

Dog Friendly Apartments/Condos

Post by Outoftowner »

I'm looking for a nicer apartment or condo that is dog friendly. Next to a park would be great. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
itsblanche

Re: Dog Friendly Apartments/Condos

Post by itsblanche »

CO2 and Boxcar 10 on South 10th Street.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Midtown Crossing. It's right next to Turner Park.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Outoftowner wrote:I'm looking for a nicer apartment or condo that is dog friendly. Next to a park would be great. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Times are changing and you can find lots of apts and condos that allow dogs. The big question is do you have a civilized mans dog or a pit bull or doberman or something like that. Little dogs are not going to be a problem but big dogs are not going to be very welcome.
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

Outoftowner wrote:I'm looking for a nicer apartment or condo that is dog friendly. Next to a park would be great. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Most places now accept dogs. Here is a link to an Omaha map, Parks are shown in green, apartments are the pins. You should have no problem locating an apartment that will take your pet.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing
Outoftowner
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Outoftowner »

Sorry everyone, I was more looking for recommendations. I'm not having issues finding apartments that accept dogs. I just want to make sure the apartment or condo is a a good one. Thanks though!
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Outoftowner wrote:Sorry everyone, I was more looking for recommendations. I'm not having issues finding apartments that accept dogs. I just want to make sure the apartment or condo is a a good one. Thanks though!
I don't have a dog, but I think Midtown Crossing is a good one. If you get a condo here, you can have the concierge take your dog on walks along with some other things I can't remember them telling me when I moved in. Also besides the park next door, there's also another green space even closer to the condo building exit to Farnam on 32nd Cir.
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

There is a house that will be for rent on 51st and Mayberry. It is a good area but normally single car garages so lacking some parking ability. if you go to that topic you can contact the owner.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

We lived in an Urban Village apartment at 31st and Jackson when my wife and I first moved to town. They had a good dog policy, and were the best landlords I had during my renting years. They've got quite a few buildings around the Midtown area, some pretty close to public parks.

There is a large dog park in Hanscom Park at 32nd and Woolworth. My wife and I bought a house near there and love the area.
Outoftowner
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Outoftowner »

Thanks for the help! It's funny you commented that Seth. I set up an appointment with Urban Village to look at one of their places yesterday.

I currently live downtown and love it. Seems like the Midtown location is best if you have a dog/want a dog but still want to be close to the action.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

Outoftowner wrote:Thanks for the help! It's funny you commented that Seth. I set up an appointment with Urban Village to look at one of their places yesterday.

I currently live downtown and love it. Seems like the Midtown location is best if you have a dog/want a dog but still want to be close to the action.
Yup, Midtown is a pretty good compromise. There are a lot of good rental options now in the denser stretch between Cuming and Leavenworth, and the commercial areas have really been taking off (Midtown Crossing, Blackstone District, etc), but also plenty of parks and single-family homes. On top of that, it's really close to downtown, as well as the interstates and a short drive to shopping districts farther west. My wife and I love this part of town and don't have any plans to move, even now that we've started our family.