Hotels/Motels that Allow Pets

Visitors and Residents can ask Questions about Omaha here

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Muzica-G
New to the Neighborhood

Hotels/Motels that Allow Pets

Post by Muzica-G »

Hi, I'm looking to relocate to Omaha some time in the spring, and I was wondering if I could get recommendations for local hotels and motels that have weekly rates. Currently, I'm on the east coast, so I need temporary lodgings while I get myself established, and I am hoping to bring my cat with me, rather than having her shipped later.
only me

Re: Hotels/Motels that Allow Pets

Post by only me »

Perhaps it's just me but does anyone else find it disgusting when people drag pets into hotel rooms?
As a business traveler I wish I could be sure that the last occupant of the room brought with them neither a cat or a dog.
Excluding seeing eye dogs of course.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

only me wrote:Perhaps it's just me but does anyone else find it disgusting when people drag pets into hotel rooms?
As a business traveler I wish I could be sure that the last occupant of the room brought with them neither a cat or a dog.
Where then, do you suggest that people should house their pets while they travel?
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

There are options available but you need to provide some indication of your budget. There are some places for example the Morman Hotel on 8419 N 30th that is currently advertising at $450 per month, $225 per week, $56 per night. I have not stayed there but you can google it and decide for yourself. There are also some larger apartment complexes and very nice places that will do extended stay housing but they can be very pricey, again your budget range is helpful.

The brand new Nichol Flats in Omaha should be open sometime soon, you can look them up and let us know what the rates are. http://anantops.com/portfolio/

I know a lot of people that have had good luck with air B&B. But whatever you do stay away from Craigslist posters who do not put phone numbers in their ads.
Varsity
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Varsity »

The Magnolia Hotel is a very nice full service boutique hotel downtown near the Old Market. I know they allow pets, but obviously with an added pet fee. Also has extended stay suites available with small kitchens etc. Generally a bit on the pricey side, but it all comes down to how busy the place is over your needed dates...I've found the rates can be surprisingly affordable and competitive at certain times, considering it's one of the nicer hotels in town.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

only me wrote:Perhaps it's just me but does anyone else find it disgusting when people drag pets into hotel rooms?
I pretty much think it's just you.

Post by Guest »

U R-My budget is around $600/month, though cheaper is better. I am not concerned with staying somewhere that is really nice as it is just temporary lodgings. I did call the Mormon Trail Hotel and the lady who answered the phone said they do not have any avaliblities for the time frame that I wanted to move. I'm also struggling to locate a phone number for the Nichol Flats. The Anant Operations said they were due to open in Nov. 2015, but it also says they are still under construction. Thank you for your help!
Varsity-I attempt to call the Mongolia and reached an answering machine. I will call back again later. It is still relatively early. Thank you as well.

NativeOmahan and Coyote-Thank you and I concure.
Varsity
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Varsity »

I know the Sleep Inn on Abbott Drive between the airport and downtown also allows pets and would definitely be cheaper than the Magnolia, if you're not too concerned with how nice it is. Might want to check that one out too.
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

Here is another location to consider if you want to board your cat. Here is one of the "pet spas". http://www.thepawspapetresort.com/
and a short term apartment;
Image http://www.warrenproperties.com/content ... ouse-omaha
Warren House Apartments
9755 mockingbird Drive
Omaha, NE 68127
402-331-2707
Studio, 1 & 2 bedroom apartments
Studio $529 to $584
1 bedroom $604 - 674
2 bedroom $724 to $804
BBQ grills, courtyard, furnished apartments available, weekly-monthly, full size Kitchen, short term or month to month lease options, no lease, most wall unit A/C, some have central air, storage available at $60/month, microwave, no pets, club room, pool, garages.