Brakes

Visitors and Residents can ask Questions about Omaha here

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Brakes

Post by Coyote »

Any good suggestions on where to get a brake job, somewhere open till later in the afternoon?
jessep28
Planning Board

Re: Brakes

Post by jessep28 »

It may be worthwhile to check out the brake replacement procedure for your vehicle on YouTube first. Brakes are one of the easier components to replace on a car, especially if they are disc brakes. You could potentially save a ton of money doing the job yourself.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

Coyote wrote:Any good suggestions on where to get a brake job, somewhere open till later in the afternoon?
Paul's in Millard did a good job on the brakes on my old car a few years back. They are open until mid-evening I know.

They also did a very quick job when my check engine light went on. Had the part in less than 1/2 hour and fixed while I waited.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

jessep28 wrote:It may be worthwhile to check out the brake replacement procedure for your vehicle on YouTube first. Brakes are one of the easier components to replace on a car, especially if they are disc brakes. You could potentially save a ton of money doing the job yourself.
Come on man this is an adult forum. I think Coyote is old enough and has been around enough to know he could save a few bucks by doing his brakes himself. He was looking for someone to give him a good referral not someone to tell him to do it himself. Show some respect :lol:

I wish I could give Coyote a fantastic referral but I have been to every car place in Millard and been jacked around one way or another so I can't help much. I been using the Meineke Car Care Center on 142nd & U for the past few years. I did a break job on my truck there last year and it did end up costing me $1000 bucks. Thats the way it works though. Once they get in there looking around they find out you need a new rotor or two and maybe new wheel bearings or what ever and before you know it a 300 dollar break job turns into a thousand dollar break job. This place is where the Nebraska State Patrol takes its cars for what thats worth. They got an old timer who owns it working the front desk whos pretty cool and a guy in the back who knows his stuff. Brakes and wheel bearings and stuff like that are nothing to fool around with so maybe it aint so bad for safetys sake to drop a thousand and get things fixed right.
Original
Home Owners Association

Post by Original »

I take my cars (5, 15, and 21 years old) exclusively to Excellence in Auto at 83rd and Blondo. Tom is extremely honest and doesn't do unnecessary work [did I mention how old my cars are? He's told me stuff he could do but that he'd tell me not to do, since it wouldn't be worth it for the miles/expected life of the vehicle] or chase after repairs. The only time I ever had an issue with anything was when a starter failed a couple months or so after he replaced it, and he put in a new one at no cost to me. They are only open until 5:30, if that is a major issue, but the work Tom does is high quality.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Brake Rotors $54, Brake pads $38, Brother-in-Law who knows cars, priceless.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Coyote wrote:Brake Rotors $54, Brake pads $38, Brother-in-Law who knows cars, priceless.
Thats good to hear, long as you are not going to tell us next that your cousin who is a butcher took your appendix out for nothing. :P
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Probably too late, but when I don't do it myself... Mad Hatter does great work at a reasonable price.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.