Tire repair?

Visitors and Residents can ask Questions about Omaha here

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Tire repair?

Post by Coyote »

Found this lodged in my tire at MTC. Any suggestions on a good shop?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (78.52 KiB) Viewed 3992 times
nebugeater
City Council

Re: Tire repair?

Post by nebugeater »

Coyote wrote:Found this lodged in my tire at MTC. Any suggestions on a good shop?
image.jpeg
Same place I mentioned before in a PM.

Unless that is not as big as it looks in the photo I wounder if you will be replacing the tire rather than repairing it.

Another location that I would suggest is Midwest Tire on 13th street. Have done a fair amoutn of work with them for company vehicles through the years andI think they are trust worthy,
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Yeah, my brother in law suggested Discount Tire since I'll need a new tires, that sucker went pretty deep. A simple day of taking Omaha Photos cost me a $180 tire...
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

The last three times I have bought tires I haven't had to do it in a rush I knew what I wanted so I priced around. Jensen Tire was my best option every time. They will try and upsell you and I WOULD NOT go to them for other repairs but I have had good service and pricing for tires as long as you say no to the add on's.

These were tires for my Truck, my wife's car, and my oldest daughter. All within the last 16 months or so.
eomaha.com

Post by eomaha.com »

I've used this a half dozen times... works great.

http://www.autozone.com/tire-repair-and ... ckfit=true
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

eomaha.com wrote:I've used this a half dozen times... works great.

http://www.autozone.com/tire-repair-and ... ckfit=true
Have used those too with no issue.... for a nail.

that will not do the trick with what when into the tire per the photo.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

I've used Sears over at, uh, Oakroads and Discount Tires for new tires. I've also had a flat fixed at Paul's in Millard and they did it while I waited.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Coyote wrote:Yeah, my brother in law suggested Discount Tire since I'll need a new tires, that sucker went pretty deep. A simple day of taking Omaha Photos cost me a $180 tire...
With the kind of bread you are paid for running this forum that $180 is nothing! :banana:

I think you can get Goodyear Wrangler 235-75-16 tires at Walmart for about $150 each. All these places want to sell you some tire from who knows what country and they tell you its better then Goodyear or Firestone. Yeah whatever. :what:
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

I think it's called m&h services. Old gas station on the southwest corner of 120th and pacific. Cheap too.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

The Sinclair in Millard was suggested, I didn't think they had tires ready though...
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
Coyote wrote:Yeah, my brother in law suggested Discount Tire since I'll need a new tires, that sucker went pretty deep. A simple day of taking Omaha Photos cost me a $180 tire...
With the kind of bread you are paid for running this forum that $180 is nothing! :banana:
eOmahaForums: Still Add Free after 12 years
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

I'm surprised that out on the farm, we don't see more flat tires from all the bolts, screws and junk we lose while working on stuff in the yard.

Off topic, but I wonder if you could get away with purchasing four new tires and buying the hazard insurance or whatever on just one of them.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

jessep28 wrote:I'm surprised that out on the farm, we don't see more flat tires from all the bolts, screws and junk we lose while working on stuff in the yard.

Off topic, but I wonder if you could get away with purchasing four new tires and buying the hazard insurance or whatever on just one of them.
It is usually this time of year these tire problems occur - due to street cleaners kicking objects up as they try to rid of the roads of the leftover salt and gravel, but I have yet to see a cleaner car in the metro, yet...
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

Coyote wrote:The Sinclair in Millard was suggested, I didn't think they had tires ready though...
They just fixed one that went flat and the AAA guy changed for me. They did not sell me new tires.