Dog Day Care Suggestions...

Visitors and Residents can ask Questions about Omaha here

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

AlmostinOmaha
Home Owners Association

Dog Day Care Suggestions...

Post by AlmostinOmaha »

Can anyone recommend a good dog day care in Omaha (preferably west omaha, but would like to hear about any of them!). Thank you!
UNMCStudent
Home Owners Association

Post by UNMCStudent »

How about a fence and a backyard?
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

Bark Avenue Day Care
3727 N 153 St
Omaha, NE
(402) 496-4005

I can't actually recommend anything, as we always had two dogs and would leave them in the backyard with food, water, toys and shelter during the day.

Aaron (Streets) might be able to recommend something as his dad is a vetrinarian.
POTUS
Home Owners Association

Post by POTUS »

Most dog day cares in this town are expensive, a lot of them costing more than to board your dog all day and night at a kennel.

If your day is between 9am and 6pm, they can stay at my work, http://www.karsimkennel.com. Otherwise I recommend calling a vet clinic on your side of town and asking them. If you have a veterinarian already selected, a better suggestion is to just use them, if they have room.
AlmostinOmaha
Home Owners Association

Post by AlmostinOmaha »

Ok...well, I don't have fence yet, and I don't plan on leaving her out in the snowy , freezing days of winter when we have to be gone all day. She's also only housetrained when we're home - she "knocks" on the door with her tail to go outside. But when we're gone, she just goes wherever she wants...which we don't want! Expense is not an issue. In most major US cities, it's not uncommon for people to put there dogs in doggie day care a couple times a week for socialization purposes, so If figured that Omaha must have something. We want somewhere we can leave her all day when we're gone for 5 hours or more.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

What kind of doggy is it?
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

I wish I could do more to reccomend something. We always had two dogs and a "solar powered" doghouse (a result of one of my brother's science projects when he was in junior high) for them in the winter. All of our neighbors had (have) dogs so the socialization thing was never an issue with us.

There might be something online that rates them, but I'm not sure. I think your best chance would be to contact a vet and see which they recomend.
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

A work colleague of mine has a client who has a doggy watching service. She will come to your home.

I keep forgetting to ask him for the contact information when I am at work. PM me Monday during work hours if you would so I don't keep forgetting.
My old signature got too old. So old it was getting almost as old me as me. Yeah, it was up there in years.