Me again

Visitors and Residents can ask Questions about Omaha here

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

cosita
Home Owners Association

Me again

Post by cosita »

So I'm on my second agent and am entering a time crunch as I fly out next week.
So, I have no clue about different areas in and around benson and dundee.
I don't care so much about the house as I do the area if that makes sense. In fact I'm drawn more to the major fixer uppers than I am the already completed projects because a lot of the ones that are already done don't really fit my style.
For example.
My agent suggested this house based on the location over this one.
Now the first one seems on a map to be on a busier street. It is also ugly as sin in my not so humble opinion. She said the second one was in a "rough" area. But they're only a few blocks away it seems. I know the second one is rough and ugly as well no doubt about it. :lol:
This one seems like it's within walking distances of small shops which is what I'm interested in. Any comment on that neighborhood?
And since I have your attention here are a few more I've saved but know little of the surrounding area.
one and two
Please let my text's work. :lol: [/url]
Finn
Parks & Recreation

Post by Finn »

Cosita,

The first two homes are in Benson, half a mile away from eachother - one is not in a "rougher" neighborhood than the other. Benson is a decent neighborhood with a variety of homes from the 40's era and some from the 50's and 60's as infill. Some older, bigger homes and some smaller split-entry homes more on the western side. This area probably has some good delas and some to fix-up. It is close to the Benson commercial district on Maple Street (approximately 2 blocks north of the home on 60th and 8 blocks north and a block or two east of the home on 65th). This commercial area is ok but is starting to see some beautification efforts and more businesses.

The other three are all in or on the fringes of Dundee. Generally speaking, Dundee is a very nice area and the homes you posted seem like a good deal for the area. Dundee has some large homes in various architectural styles but the boundaries between adjacent neighborhoods is somewhat blurred depending on the direction and the price/value can drop quickly. Nonetheless, they are still decent neighborhoods. Also, the periphery can also be where the deals are. The area is also seeing some apartments turning into condos. They are all close to the Dundee commercial area (although this is much smaller than the Benson commercial area). The Dundee commercial center is at 50th and Underwood Avenue - about one and a half blocks west and two blocks south of the two homes on 49th and approximately 5 blocks south and half a block west of the home on 50th. Although, it does not offer a lot of commercial amenities, the Dundee area is very nice and more options are available 6 blocks further south on Dodge Street.

The two areas that you have highlighted are good choices and are actually pretty close to eachother. I would suggest driving along Maple Street from about 72nd Street through the commercial district, then south on 60th and through the neighborhood a little to see the two Benson homes. Then south to Blondo and east to 52nd Street. Take 52nd to Underwood and east through the commercial section and then to the homes on 48th and then 50th (north). Then take 50th south to Dodge (the main arterial in the area) and wander through the neighborhood some more.

Good luck.
ladyred
Home Owners Association

Post by ladyred »

Cosita,
The house on 65th street is only about a block from me. It is a nice neighborhood. Actually there is a Catholic Church about 100 feet from this location. We have been here for over 4 years. Actually I have only been here over 4 years. SO has been here for over 10.
There is a library very close by and a Bakers market just down the hill. Benson park is also just down the hill and it is very nice. A nice place to go for walking and ball games plus there is an ice rink there.
In a few months there will be even more shopping opportunities fairly close by at Sorensen Plaza.
For the most part it is very quiet here. I am not afraid to go out for a walk by myself and it is not very far from downtown Benson. There are quite a few little shops there that are fun to shop in.
Plus it is about a 15 minute drive to Crossroads Mall. If you have any more questions about the neighborhood I can answer please write me and let me know.
Patty@fourthekids.org
Patty Beeken
MDS Coordinator Eastern Nebraska Veteran's Home
Serving America's Heroes

There is no time limit to solving a mystery
url=http://postimage.org/]Image[/url]