recommendations for newcomer

Visitors and Residents can ask Questions about Omaha here

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Twilight
New to the Neighborhood

recommendations for newcomer

Post by Twilight »

I hope I spelled "recommendations" correctly. I can never remember if it's two "c's" or two "m's", and I already packed away my dictionary...Anyhoodle, as some of you know, my family and I are moving to your fine city this week (from San Diego), and I'd like some help from y'all regarding the following: (if it matters, we'll be living in Aksarben, but I don't mind traveling a ways to something worthwhile)

dentist......pediatrician who is open-minded about holistic medicine (s/he doesn't have to BELIEVE in it, nor practice it, but s/he should at least respect my views and not think I'm a kook)......general doctor who can be my husband and myself's primary doctor---s/he should also be open-minded......mechanic for general auto maintenence......barber for my husband......a place that'll cut my 3-yr-old's hair while he causes a big, dramatic fuss......

That's all I have at the moment. Tonite's my last nite w/the computer, and I won't have access again for about, oh, a little less than 2 weeks. Thank you all in advance!! See you soon! :D
lisanstan
Library Board

Post by lisanstan »

I got a dentist recommendation from this board. Brad Carlson, 52nd and Leavenworth. Didn't hurt a bit! :D
AlmostinOmaha
Home Owners Association

Post by AlmostinOmaha »

Pediatrician - Dr Jennifer Smith - I have no idea about her opinion of holistic medicine - sorry.

Physician - Dr Yvonne Stephenson - I went to her once (i'm new to Omaha too) and I really liked her...

Kid's Haircut - My 2 year old screams,kicks and cries like a banshee when he gets his haircut. The best places for him are the ones that have tvs/toys,etc. There's one in West Omaha called Ponytails and Buzzcuts....It's around $15-18 - I can't remember.

Good luck!