I'm back... though I was never really there to begin with.

Visitors and Residents can ask Questions about Omaha here

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

GaryFL
Home Owners Association

I'm back... though I was never really there to begin with.

Post by GaryFL »

Greetings all...

A year ago, my father's heart attack forced me to cancel a potential move to Omaha. One year later, I'm once again ready to make the move. I intend to be in town in January 2007, after my lease and my current work project expire.

The plan is to relocate first and find work second. The long-distance job hunting isn't going so well -- people find it hard to believe I really do want to relocate to Nebraska from Florida. Apparently, tech recruiters and IT people don't watch the Weather Channel much, nor have they recently priced real estate down here, or tried to find a tech job.

Anyway, I'm really excited about the prospect of coming back -- for good this time. I look forward to once again seeing Don, D'Shawn, Guy, and the others of you who welcomed me here at the forum and in my visits to the city. Your love for your city and friendliness to visitors had a lot to do with my decision to move there.

BTW, Dad recovered from his heart attack and is getting along fairly well.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Well - good luck with your plans Gary.
Glad to hear your father is doing well!
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

I second that!
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I'll third it..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

Geez, what can I say.... I guess I will 4th that. Let us know if we can help. I am looking forward to your arrival.
My old signature got too old. So old it was getting almost as old me as me. Yeah, it was up there in years.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

I'll take the 5th. I'm used to doing that. ;)

I was wondering about you just last week Gary. I know stuff with your dad slowed your move up here but that's worth staying around for. Let me know when you're back and I can definantly take you around your new home. :)
DTO