Just wanted to say thanks!

Visitors and Residents can ask Questions about Omaha here

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

SabrinaFaire
Home Owners Association

Just wanted to say thanks!

Post by SabrinaFaire »

Hi, everyone. You've all be very helpful with answering my questions about Omaha over the last couple of months. You're a great resource. We're finally moving this coming Sunday. We're going to be on the northwest side of Omaha. Couldn't have done it without all of you! Maybe there will be a get together soon and I can meet some of you in person.
Admin
Law Enforcement

Post by Admin »

Have a safe move!
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

Cool, welcome to the O!
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

So where on the NW side --- that is where i lived and work.
SabrinaFaire
Home Owners Association

Post by SabrinaFaire »

Uffda wrote:So where on the NW side --- that is where i lived and work.
Just off of Maple & 680
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

If I remember correctly your moving from the Chicago area.  If so, make sure you get an authentic Chicago hotdog from Chicago Dawg House on 108th and Maple.  It's right in your area and might relieve some home sickness.  My friend Trevor owns it.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Not a bad location
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

SabrinaFaire wrote:
Just off of Maple & 680
Right in my neighborhood.  Good choice.
Jason4225
Home Owners Association

Post by Jason4225 »

SabrinaFaire wrote:Just off of Maple & 680
I moved three weeks ago just off of 680 and Dodge and I love it so far. Absolutely no drawbacks except the Pacific St. bridge closing, but it is only going to last three months, so it won't affect the commutes for too long.
ThatGuy
Human Relations

Post by ThatGuy »

Brad wrote:
SabrinaFaire wrote:
Just off of Maple & 680
Right in my neighborhood.  Good choice.
Mine too.
Erik
Parks & Recreation

Post by Erik »

I used to live in some apartments just a few blocks east of I-680 and Maple, I forget the name of them..
West has a building that is basically in the property area of those apartments..
gisbuxfan
Library Board

Post by gisbuxfan »

I also lived in that area...Fox Valley Apartments...great area though, you have everything you need relatively close by. Plus, I decent golf course! Have a good move!
Lizard
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Lizard »

I lived in Corby Castle about 10 years ago, those are the apartments on the corner of 680 and Maple to the east.  I liked the location back then, and it's definitely improved even further since.  Very, very easy to get anywhere too.  Welcome to the area!!
SabrinaFaire
Home Owners Association

Re: ..

Post by SabrinaFaire »

adam186 wrote:If I remember correctly your moving from the Chicago area.  If so, make sure you get an authentic Chicago hotdog from Chicago Dawg House on 108th and Maple.  It's right in your area and might relieve some home sickness.  My friend Trevor owns it.
Yep we checked that place out when we were here in March. We're not homesick yet though. :)
Jason4225 wrote:
SabrinaFaire wrote:Just off of Maple & 680
I moved three weeks ago just off of 680 and Dodge and I love it so far. Absolutely no drawbacks except the Pacific St. bridge closing, but it is only going to last three months, so it won't affect the commutes for too long.
Yeah had to find out about that the hard way, the hotel we got our dads was on Pacific. I love the "Use Alt Route" signs that don't tell you what the alt route would be! :)
Erik wrote:I used to live in some apartments just a few blocks east of I-680 and Maple, I forget the name of them..
West has a building that is basically in the property area of those apartments..
Yep, that's where we are.

---

BTW we're here! Cable guy just installed the internet and cable. Yay! We're connected again. :)
w8ing
Human Relations

Post by w8ing »

That's my old stomping grounds.  I second going to Chicago Dawg.  Also, check out Heron Haven. It's a  wetland preserve on the NE corner of 120th & Maple.  Maplewood Lanes @ 102nd & Maple has decent (though pricey) bowling.  Valentino's has a good buffet (also 102nd & Maple).