What's with apartment prices?

Visitors and Residents can ask Questions about Omaha here

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

heyimjason
New to the Neighborhood

What's with apartment prices?

Post by heyimjason »

I've been apartment hunting for about 2 months now and can't seem to find a reasonably priced place.  Not just in Omaha, but La Vista and Ralston as well.  I'm not *too* picky.  I just don't want to live east of 72nd St (unless it was in the Dundee area).  I'd like to find something for around $500/month (I could stretch it maybe up to $600 or so, if it was some kind of unique, large place).

I've looked at all the typical apartment sites, forrent.com, apartments.com, etc... craigslist, apartment guides.. but no luck.  When I did this twice before 4 or so years ago, I had no problem.  Any recommendations or other resources I should look at???
"I finally figured out what email is for.  It's for communicating with people you'd rather not talk to."  -George Carlin
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

don't get hung up on east/west of 72nd.  lots of good apartments in areas besides dundee.
Go Cubs Go
heyimjason
New to the Neighborhood

Post by heyimjason »

It's mostly a matter of distance from work, traffic, and places I regularly go.  But I've seen some cool places in Dundee that I'd have taken just because they were steals for the prices and sizes.
"I finally figured out what email is for.  It's for communicating with people you'd rather not talk to."  -George Carlin
SabrinaFaire
Home Owners Association

Post by SabrinaFaire »

Our apartment is around that range, for a one bedroom. It's quiet, not too bad of a place. It looks nice but they don't like to fix anything, though nothing major has broke yet.
Allan_Love_Jr
Library Board

Post by Allan_Love_Jr »

SabrinaFaire wrote:Our apartment is around that range, for a one bedroom. It's quiet, not too bad of a place. It looks nice but they don't like to fix anything, though nothing major has broke yet.
I'm the same way. I'm Almost afraid to even ask my landlord to fix something if something breaks.
Allan Love Jr