Firewood

Visitors and Residents can ask Questions about Omaha here

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

omaproud
Home Owners Association

Firewood

Post by omaproud »

Anyone have a good source for firewood?  I'm looking for 1/2 cord hardwood split/delivered/stacked. Thanks.
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

where's the fun in that? :)

if you google "omaha firewood delivery" it pulls up several different companies that do tree removal, cutting, etc; i'm not sure if one of them would deliver or not
Go Cubs Go
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

To take the a little further....

I am looking at switching over to a gas fireplace.  And recommendations?

Also need a good chimney sweep as the birds made a nest in the chimney last spring!
ThatGuy
Human Relations

Post by ThatGuy »

Uffda wrote:Make sure they know what a cord is too. I bought a half of a cord a couple of years ago and not only was the wood really crappy and rotten ---- they only brought me about 2/3 of a cord.

:evil:
Evidently, I have no idea what a cord is. Can you please explain to me how half a cord is better than 2/3 of a cord?
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

oops --- should have said they only brought me a 1/3 of a cord. :oops:

A cord should measure 4 feet high by 4 feet wide by eight feet long
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

Uffda wrote:oops --- should have said they only brought me a 1/3 of a cord. :oops:

HAHA, if those measurements are correct a buddy if mine is retarded. He owns a landscaping business and his cords are about half that.
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

S33 wrote:
Uffda wrote:oops --- should have said they only brought me a 1/3 of a cord. :oops:

HAHA, if those measurements are correct a buddy if mine is retarded. He owns a landscaping business and sells his cords at about half that.

Post by Guest »

S33 wrote:

HAHA, if those measurements are correct a buddy if mine is retarded. He owns a landscaping business and his cords are about half that.
Those measurements are correct, a pickup with a standard bed leveled off is what I consider a 1/2 cord.

Post by Guest »

Brad wrote:To take the a little further....

I am looking at switching over to a gas fireplace.  And recommendations?

Also need a good chimney sweep as the birds made a nest in the chimney last spring!
Why would you want to switch to gas? If you're going to burn gas you may as well burn it efficiently in your furnace, it's too expensive to send 50% of the heat up your chimney. And as far as the sweep, you can buy the broom and rods at Menards, it's not difficult to do yourself at all, just make sure you cover the fireplace opening.
Admin
Law Enforcement

Post by Admin »

Thanks for that info Guest!