Rocking Omaha, need food!

Visitors and Residents can ask Questions about Omaha here

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

mean
New to the Neighborhood

Rocking Omaha, need food!

Post by mean »

My band will be rolling through Omaha this weekend, and I need suggestions for where to eat. We're all sort-of foodies, including one vegetarian, and we're looking for the best bang-for-buck value in town. Where would you go if you had $5 or $10 and wanted to have your face blown off by awesome food? We're particularly interested in little out-of-the way divey places, but have no problem with more popular or "touristy" places if they're good--of course they have to be local to Omaha (we try to snarf the local flavor wherever we go).

Is Old Market all that? Where would you go for a bombastic egg-laden breakfast? Hamburger / veggie burger? Mexican? Indian? Ethiopian? Any other random suggestions? Oh, and we really like beer. Half of us homebrew and we're kinda beer nerds. How's Upstream? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
mean
New to the Neighborhood

Post by mean »

Awesome, thanks for the heads-up. Definitely going to check out Worker's, sounds like a great spot and I am a sucker for a solid Cuban sandwich. I'm actually not sure where the club we're playing is, haven't looked at the address, so I'm not sure which neighborhood we'll be in (shame on me) but we're definitely not averse to going wherever the good stuff is. We have been known to drive an hour or two out of the way for "world famous" biscuits or whatever, so really, anything in the metro is game as far as I'm concerned. Even as far as Lincoln or well into Iowa will at least make the consideration list. Anyway, I have put all your suggestions in my phone. :)

Thanks!
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

So, how was the food last weekend?