Apartment near UNMC

Visitors and Residents can ask Questions about Omaha here

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

leapnowornever
New to the Neighborhood

Apartment near UNMC

Post by leapnowornever »

Hi
I will be moving to omaha in August to go to school at UNMC. I am wondering if you guys can give me any recommendations of a good apartment around Omaha. I would like:
1 br apartment, allow a dog (small dog), max rent of 650 dollars (or 700 if it includes all utilities), fitness center,  washer and dryer in Unit is a plus, safe neighborhood, about 10 minutes commute or 5-7 miles drive from UNMC, and pay some utilities
I kinda want apartment north of highway 80.

I have look online on the following apartments : Bristol Square, spring tree, florentine apartment community, camlot village, village at grant square, keystone park, old mills, and lionhead. (are any of these apartments any good).

are thereany midtown or downtown area apartments that fits what I'm looking for??

Thank you for your help.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

I'm sorry if I was redundant with the previous thread.

We were going to look at Midtown Crossing, but left it for the last stop of the day.  When we found a great place for less money with Urban Village, we decided to stick with it and head home (since we currently live 8 hours away).  MTC was essentially our fall-back plan, as as I was sure they were awesome, but a little more money than we wanted to spend (Their pet fee is $20/month and parking is an extra $75/month).  They sure have proven to be popular, however, as there are currently only about 12 units left out of around 200.

This is the same link I posted in the other thread, but the appear to have several buildings in the UNMC/Midtown area for $500-$600 range: http://www.pjmorgan.com/ourlistings-res ... ea&area=mt  We only looked at the Colbert building, but the lady who showed us around was very friendly and helpful.  She even went out of her way to suggest other places when it wasn't quite what we were looking for.