318 North End (Omaha Brewery)

Proposed Development Projects that got Minarded.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Just north of TD Ameritrade Park Omaha, East of the Hot Shops.

http://www.cbre.com/USA/US/NE/Omaha/pro ... m?pageid=4
Last edited by Brad on Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nebport5
Planning Board

Post by nebport5 »

So a brewery is going in here?  I've always thought Lucky Bucket should have a presence in this area.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Yes, the brewery is going in the short building in photo number 3 with all the glass windows.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nebport5
Planning Board

Post by nebport5 »

nice, I don't know how I missed this announcement.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nebport5 wrote:nice, I don't know how I missed this announcement.
You, me and the whole rest of the forum...
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

This is so awesome.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

I went through there with a realtor earlier this year.  Absolutely HUGE potential.
Stable genius.
justnick
Human Relations

Post by justnick »

Awesome! I adore that building.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Awesome!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Just noticed that the third floors are going to be apartments.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Coyote wrote:Just noticed that the third floors are going to be apartments.
Apartments above a brewery?!?  :cheers:

This is an awesome addition to the area!
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Hmm with a little more looking it sounds like this is more conceptual than anything.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Whoa! How is the title just about the brewery?!!! This thing is going to be an excellent, mixed-use project with retail/gallery/office space as well as residences!

In fact, what are the details about the alleged brewery? I actually don't see anything about that on the website.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

8)

Hope this brewery has better luck than Jones Street Brewery.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

That might be the worst website I've seen in a decade.  Talk about a non-functional POS.
Stable genius.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

bigredmed wrote:Hope this brewery has better luck than Jones Street Brewery.
Or Jobbers Canyon brewery.  I thin with the hotels and new apartments they may be ok.  That area really needs more permenant residents.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Seriously, what are the details of the brewery? I don't see anything about it.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

StreetsOfOmaha wrote:Seriously, what are the details of the brewery? I don't see anything about it.
Its right on the PDF I posted:
http://www.cbre.com/NR/rdonlyres/6C85C2 ... 27_115.pdf

Notice the sculpture garden, just left of the words "sculpture garden" you will see two brew tanks and then next to that a bar.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Brad wrote:
Or Jobbers Canyon brewery.  I thin with the hotels and new apartments they may be ok.  That area really needs more permenant residents.
This.

I love hearing about all of these new things popping up in North Downtown.  They all make the area better, but a major residential project needs to happen soon.  And by major I mean 100+ units(preferably some condo.)  Getting a floor of two over retail is an absolute must, but it wont sustain a neighborhood.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

I'd call the Shamrock development at 10th and Capitol a pretty major residential (among other uses!) project, and it is North Downtown-adjacent.
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

iamjacobm wrote:
Brad wrote:
This.

I love hearing about all of these new things popping up in North Downtown.  They all make the area better, but a major residential project needs to happen soon.  And by major I mean 100+ units(preferably some condo.)  Getting a floor of two over retail is an absolute must, but it wont sustain a neighborhood.
Well maybe if The Yard would actually do something.... That place could honestly be the signature development of the area.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Axel wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:
Brad wrote:
This.

Well maybe if The Yard would actually do something.... That place could honestly be the signature development of the area.
Ugh.  Don't remind me.  Every time I spend time in the area I just shake my head as I park on the street and walk by The Yard.  It makes me laugh to picture them pulling out their checkbook to clear the snow off their lot today for next to 0 customers.
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

Is this just someones conceptual vision for the building, or is actually happening?  Does anyone know if this brewpub is a one off, or are they associated with/a franchise of someone?

Anyone know timelines?
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Brad wrote:
StreetsOfOmaha wrote:Seriously, what are the details of the brewery? I don't see anything about it.
Its right on the PDF I posted:
http://www.cbre.com/NR/rdonlyres/6C85C2 ... 27_115.pdf

Notice the sculpture garden, just left of the words "sculpture garden" you will see two brew tanks and then next to that a bar.
Ha, that's all it's based off of? Is the layperson supposed to know that those two circles are brew tanks? You made it seem like it was so obvious. Are there any more details on the brewery besides the two circles on the PDF?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I heard someone talking about it a while ago (CWS Time), but got no details.  Also when Josh and I were down there taking those photos the night before thanksgiving, josh looked in.  I can't remember if he said there was a sign up or not.

Somehow I knew about it enough to look closely at the PDF.  Now sure how I heard that.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

OK, so there is at least hearsay beyond just the two circles on the PDF. That is good.  :;):
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

The original plans did not have this as part of the development. This is an addition to the initial development proposal plan. So at least we know that this is some company that has bought into this development. I asked Brad about the circular symbol - what architecturally/engineering it represents. It could verily be brew tank. We will just have to wait and see.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I am not sure about they exact meaning of the symbol.  I have worked on Ethonal Plants that and they had the same symbol, just a lot bigger.  I think it represents the round tank and the line in to the middle shows it has a cone or taper on the end.
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

Brad wrote: Also when Josh and I were down there taking those photos the night before thanksgiving, josh looked in.  I can't remember if he said there was a sign up or not.
Yes, there was an "Future home of Omaha Brewery" (or something close to that) sign hanging in the space.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

This sounds like a good project if it actually materializes.  There seems to be a sustainable momentum in North Downtown.  It's important to remember that few urban centers are built in one fell swoop, but rather are filled out over time.  The challenge (especially with redevelopment like this) is the viability of the first businesses before the area reaches a critical mass.  It looks like North Downtown is on the right track.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Seth wrote:It's important to remember that few urban centers are built in one fell swoop, but rather are filled out over time.
Or re-filled out, as it were, under the American model.
Last edited by StreetsOfOmaha on Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

Yeah, good point.
RMM123
New to the Neighborhood

Post by RMM123 »

I met the guy over thanksgiving while he was working on the Benson location, he currently lives in NY or DC but grew up here and is moving back to Omaha once the Benson building is ready to go, he is planning of spring early summer, they have been delayed with liquor license issues related to a church that is now gone. The Benson location is going to be a small gastropub with a small 7bbl brewery, he said the building was built as a silent movie theater around 1910 but was in awful shape when they bought it. I think he said the downtown building is going to be production focused brewery with an area open to the public with wood-fired pizza. Not really a brewpub but more of a brewery that bottles and kegs beer. He did mention that they were having some ongoing issues with the liquor license because of a retail church located a few store fronts down, they have federal and city approval but the state is waiting to approve until the state can verify that the church is gone, which it is so this should just be a formality.

KETV-
One of Omaha's oldest neighborhoods is on the rise despite the recession:

http://www.ketv.com/r-video/29260402/detail.html
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Thanks for the Info and welcome to the forum!

I started a new discussion for the Benson Brewery over here:
http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=12006
SaveOmaha
Home Owners Association

Post by SaveOmaha »

Any word on what's going on with the project?
Last edited by SaveOmaha on Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I haven't been buy in a couple weeks.  I will be at the Clink today and tomorrow for Maverick Hockey, I will go take a look.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

OmahaJosh618 wrote:Any word on what's going on with the project? Conversation seemed to die off about it pretty quick!
I don't think they even have a brewery on board for the project yet.  This is more of a goal for what they want to do with the building.  It will be awesome when done, but I wont get too excited until someone else gets on board.

If I had my way Lucky Bucket would relocate, but that isn't a decision I get to make.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

They don't?  What about the guy that is opening this brewery and the Benson Brewery?
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Brad wrote:They don't?  What about the guy that is opening this brewery and the Benson Brewery?
Am I reading into this wrong then?  I saw a for lease sign at the property two days ago and assumed it was for the brewery space.  My bad if I am wrong.