Old Mill Pedestrian Bridge

Proposed Development Projects that got Minarded.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations

Old Mill Pedestrian Bridge

Post by Omaha_Gabe »

On ketv they briefly mentioned different scenarios a 16 story building, residential area, and more.. As for her cutting the bridge today. I also felt it was too much to spend for the area.
NEDodger
Parks & Recreation

Re: Omaha Civic Auditorium Discussion

Post by NEDodger »

NovakOmaha wrote:
NEDodger wrote:
NovakOmaha wrote:Mayor to nowhere?  I never figured out what her vision or passion were about Omaha except for something about taxes too high and too much waste.  Ok, nice talk.  Where's the beef?  $3,000,000 savings?  Thanks for the 18 cents.  What else you got?
Yeah boohoo *sob*.   No pointless bridge by TD Ameritrade is going to turn Omaha into a country bumpkin village.

Mort?  That you?

No.
NEDodger
Parks & Recreation

Post by NEDodger »

Omaha_Gabe wrote:On ketv they briefly mentioned different scenarios a 16 story building, residential area, and more..  As for her cutting the bridge today. I also felt it was too much to spend for the area.
Exactly. It makes more sense to cut pointless projects so that more money can be shifted to beneficial development.
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

Let's see...spend 6 million or more for a new slogan and add campaign (We don't Coast...) to trick people into coming to Omaha.... or 3 million to add another actual amenity that might convince them to stay in Omaha once they get here. I vote for the latter. We need more actual amenities, since we don't have a coast.

I should add...calling the TD bridge "another bridge to nowhere" implies that the Mayor thinks the Bob Kerry Pedestrian Bridge was a big waste of money too. I think most sane people would disagree with that, hopefully.

Anyway....looking forward to seeing which Civic proposal is chosen....
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

GetUrban wrote:Let's see...spend 6 million or more for a new slogan and add campaign (We don't Coast...) to trick people into coming to Omaha.... or 3 million to add another actual amenity that might convince them to stay in Omaha once they get here. I vote for the latter. We need more actual amenities, since we don't have a coast.
That money was spent by the Chamber, not the city.
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

But it's still money that comes from people & businesses in the area, albeit voluntarily.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Once again Thank you, Thank you, Thank you mayor Jean for putting the kabash on that bogus 3 million dollar bike bridge! :P
Bomaha
Home Owners Association

Post by Bomaha »

Wait, she squashed the bridge? Was this in line with the "tax break" homeowners got?
mr. omaha
Home Owners Association

Post by mr. omaha »

Could someone please explain the bridge situation mentioned above? Are there renderings or a post about what was proposed? ...or was this the "baby bob" bridge?
Brad
City Council

Re: Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge (Part Two)

Post by Brad »

I move the Baby Bob post out if the civic discussion.
iamjacobm
City Council

Re: Baby Bob

Post by iamjacobm »

She cut the bridge by TD Ameritrade headquarters in Old Mill not he baby bob I am pretty sure.
Brad
City Council

Re: Baby Bob

Post by Brad »

iamjacobm wrote:She cut the bridge by TD Ameritrade headquarters in Old Mill not he baby bob I am pretty sure.
Thanks Jacob.

I wish people would post more facts and less BS. Would make it a lot easier to follow whats going on...
NEDodger
Parks & Recreation

Post by NEDodger »

GetUrban wrote:Let's see...spend 6 million or more for a new slogan and add campaign (We don't Coast...) to trick people into coming to Omaha.... or 3 million to add another actual amenity that might convince them to stay in Omaha once they get here.
A walking bridge over the Papio next to TD Ameritrade HQ is going to convince people to "stay in Omaha once they get here"?

Seriously?

Also, I would say there is a LARGE difference between the usage of Chamber funds for an advertising slogan and using tax money so that TD employees could bike a little during their lunch break.
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

NEDodger wrote:
GetUrban wrote:Let's see...spend 6 million or more for a new slogan and add campaign (We don't Coast...) to trick people into coming to Omaha.... or 3 million to add another actual amenity that might convince them to stay in Omaha once they get here.
A walking bridge over the Papio next to TD Ameritrade HQ is going to convince people to "stay in Omaha once they get here"?

Seriously?

Also, I would say there is a LARGE difference between the usage of Chamber funds for an advertising slogan and using tax money so that TD employees could bike a little during their lunch break.
I believe these comments were pulled from another discussion and at that time the bike trail bridge and the 'baby bob' by TD ameritrade park were being confused with each other. Baby bob would have at least served a purpose for dt and to connect the Bob Kerrey with North Downtown.