Downtown HDR Corporate Headquarters

Proposed Development Projects that got Minarded.

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

guest2016
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:04 am

Re: Downtown HDR Corporate Headquarters

Postby guest2016 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:47 pm

RNcyanide wrote:
guest2016 wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:
RockHarbor wrote:Interesting. Why were all these sites, provided by KETV, mostly downtown sites? I thought HDR wasn't moving downtown at all now. (??).


FYI- There was a story yesterday in the W-H and on the KETV website that indicated HDR has not given up completely on a downtown Omaha HQ location.. Several locations DT were named indicating "potential" HQ sites...

Ciao..LiO...Peace


These reports are incorrect. Several internal sources have told me.


So are the internal sources saying they are heading out west then??


"It's all speculation internally too. [My sources aren't on their planning committee or in the right departments to know with surety.] However, most people internally would be shocked if it wasn't Boys Town."

stabone99
Home Owners Association
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:22 pm

Re: Downtown HDR Corporate Headquarters

Postby stabone99 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:28 pm

guest2016 wrote:
RNcyanide wrote:
guest2016 wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:
RockHarbor wrote:Interesting. Why were all these sites, provided by KETV, mostly downtown sites? I thought HDR wasn't moving downtown at all now. (??).


FYI- There was a story yesterday in the W-H and on the KETV website that indicated HDR has not given up completely on a downtown Omaha HQ location.. Several locations DT were named indicating "potential" HQ sites...

Ciao..LiO...Peace


These reports are incorrect. Several internal sources have told me.


So are the internal sources saying they are heading out west then??


"It's all speculation internally too. [My sources aren't on their planning committee or in the right departments to know with surety.] However, most people internally would be shocked if it wasn't Boys Town."


The reason for that sentiment is because there was a Q&A posted internally which stated that the new location would not be downtown. As a result, most think there's no consideration in downtown anymore. However, that was all prior to the comments in the paper by the steering committee that they were evaluating downtown spots again. Employees are virtually in the dark about the entire process.

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6280
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Downtown HDR Corporate Headquarters

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:40 pm

In the end.. Who knows where HDR will hang their hat..

We can all agree- the loser in this convoluted mess is downtown Omaha.. Unless an apiphany occurred within the leadership at HDR and they decide on, say, the Wallstreet Tower site DT (as a dreaming example)...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
RockHarbor
Human Relations
Posts: 879
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Omaha

Re: Downtown HDR Corporate Headquarters

Postby RockHarbor » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Omaha Cowboy wrote:In the end.. Who knows where HDR will hang their hat..

We can all agree- the loser in this convoluted mess is downtown Omaha.. Unless an apiphany occurred within the leadership at HDR and they decide on, say, the Wallstreet Tower site DT (as a dreaming example)...

Ciao..LiO...Peace


I wouldn't doubt if we will hear something soon...

On another thread, somebody mentioned the idea of them incorporating gold glass on their new building, as it echoes the old boxy gold glass building they've been in for years. Ya know...that might not be a bad idea (if done tastefully, and right). I'm not sure gold glass is really "in", but still, there is something about a boxy, gold building that is stylish (to me). Indianapolis has a boxy, gold building (I think from the 1970's) that I like. In fact, while looking at it, I was thinking something like: "I wish Omaha had a gold building somewhere." Then, I remembered the boxy, gold-glass building on Dodge that HDR occupies.

Again, there's a certain style about it I like, and new designs can borrow from the old in tasteful ways, but I'm not sure that would work. But, interesting idea presented. Even if HDR didn't design such a thing, I think the thought of a new rectangular modern building in Aksarben or Crosssroads (if that ever happens), that had boxy elements to it, with some gold glass, might be kinda cool...if done right. There's just something about gold glass that sits right on the line between really tacky or really stylish (to me).
"Crossroads Village" down the street from "Aksarben Village?" Does "Crossroads" have any meaning to people 20 and under? "Dodge At 72nd" is a type name I like better, drawing from the excitement of the iconic, special Omaha intersection. My $.02.

MTO
City Council
Posts: 7890
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee

Re: Downtown HDR Corporate Headquarters

Postby MTO » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:19 pm

How about some rose gold, jk. But I've seen some coppery tinted windows that looked pretty boss..
15-17, 26, 32

User avatar
RockHarbor
Human Relations
Posts: 879
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Omaha

Re: Downtown HDR Corporate Headquarters

Postby RockHarbor » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:25 pm

MTO wrote:How about some rose gold, jk. But I've seen some coppery tinted windows that looked pretty boss..


Exactly. You're exactly right. In fact, after I made that comment, I eventually was thinking about a gold/rose combination I've seen on a building, but my thoughts were fuzzy, and I wasn't blending the two colors together in one shade of glass. So, your comment makes me think about Overland Park's Lighton Plaza now, and how gorgeous the pinkish glass looks. But, maybe that shade is more that "coppery" or "rose gold" you speak of? It is basically the same thing you see on the Carlson Center in Minnetonka, Minnesota (suburban Minneapolis). I agree, anything in that general family of glass color is gorgeous on certain buildings -- or "boss" as you say. I like that term.

Lighton Plaza:
Image
Carlson Center:
Image

That architectural look may be "out" now, but it still looks very eye-catching and striking, imo. We can't play "catch up" in Omaha anytime a new building is proposed, and use a design that was "in" 20-30 years ago, but sometimes, I feel like we missed out on some great styles of architecture.
"Crossroads Village" down the street from "Aksarben Village?" Does "Crossroads" have any meaning to people 20 and under? "Dodge At 72nd" is a type name I like better, drawing from the excitement of the iconic, special Omaha intersection. My $.02.

Joe_Sovereign
Library Board
Posts: 387
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:57 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Downtown HDR Corporate Headquarters

Postby Joe_Sovereign » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:15 pm

There are suitable lots in nearly every part of the city. It would seem very odd to me that a firm like HDR wouldn't want to be part of something bigger than just a stand alone building in a isolated business park. Crossroads, Civic, Aksarben, Midtown Crossing could all allow them to be a part of something bigger.

User avatar
RockHarbor
Human Relations
Posts: 879
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Omaha

Re: Downtown HDR Corporate Headquarters

Postby RockHarbor » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:17 pm

Another idea involving gold glass that I think would be cool (if done just right), for a new building in Omaha, is have a modern building with boxy sections of gold glass, and there's like a honeycomb pattern in the glass. Or, maybe a honeycomb-pattern steel cage sitting over the gold glass. Some of the new stuff going up is funky enough, that the honeycomb pattern does look great sometimes -- on even just white/silver glass buildings. I really like the honeycomb pattern, including in home decor. You just can't use it too much, imo, because it is really bold -- plus, I don't think it is "serene" to most human beings, because you think of a hive w/ bees. However, the pattern is kinda futuristic, because you see that pattern used in sci-fi movies on the interiors of spaceships and stuff...
"Crossroads Village" down the street from "Aksarben Village?" Does "Crossroads" have any meaning to people 20 and under? "Dodge At 72nd" is a type name I like better, drawing from the excitement of the iconic, special Omaha intersection. My $.02.

User avatar
RockHarbor
Human Relations
Posts: 879
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Omaha

Re: Downtown HDR Corporate Headquarters

Postby RockHarbor » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:13 pm

Joe_Sovereign wrote:There are suitable lots in nearly every part of the city. It would seem very odd to me that a firm like HDR wouldn't want to be part of something bigger than just a stand alone building in a isolated business park. Crossroads, Civic, Aksarben, Midtown Crossing could all allow them to be a part of something bigger.


I know what you mean. I'm fine wherever they build (as it is ultimately their decision), but like you, it makes sense to me more, and it is easier for me to picture, their new building downtown, or in Aksarben, or Crossroads, because they are an architecture firm, and you assume their mindset & drive is more urban-orientated, rather than suburban-orientated, or something. Yet, at the same time, I'm sure they design suburban projects all over.

I've talked quite enough here, but we posted our comments at the same time (in fact, I couldn't post my last comment the first try), and your comment got squeezed between my two entries, so I wanted to bring it forward...
"Crossroads Village" down the street from "Aksarben Village?" Does "Crossroads" have any meaning to people 20 and under? "Dodge At 72nd" is a type name I like better, drawing from the excitement of the iconic, special Omaha intersection. My $.02.

guest2016
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:04 am

Re: Downtown HDR Corporate Headquarters

Postby guest2016 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:12 am

RockHarbor wrote:
Joe_Sovereign wrote:There are suitable lots in nearly every part of the city. It would seem very odd to me that a firm like HDR wouldn't want to be part of something bigger than just a stand alone building in a isolated business park. Crossroads, Civic, Aksarben, Midtown Crossing could all allow them to be a part of something bigger.


I know what you mean. I'm fine wherever they build (as it is ultimately their decision), but like you, it makes sense to me more, and it is easier for me to picture, their new building downtown, or in Aksarben, or Crossroads, because they are an architecture firm, and you assume their mindset & drive is more urban-orientated, rather than suburban-orientated, or something. Yet, at the same time, I'm sure they design suburban projects all over.

I've talked quite enough here, but we posted our comments at the same time (in fact, I couldn't post my last comment the first try), and your comment got squeezed between my two entries, so I wanted to bring it forward...


I'd assume this...
Downtown: The premier site - visible everywhere - is the one they wanted and the price became too high because OPA wanted more money. Why settle for something lesser just to be downtown?
Aksarben: There is one suitable spot left. As a company that does city planning, why would you push 1,000+ more people into the small streets of Aksarben Village. Also, it's in the middle of that development - it's not really that great of a site if you want to stand out.
Crossroads: The developer wants a mall. They've already built an extremely successful mall out west. The total office space that was proposed doesn't accommodate a corporate tenant the size of HDR. The developer has also already turned down other ideas to stick with what he wanted.

I'm not sure why you'd assume they are driving to be urban-oriented. They aren't now. Their architecture group is known vastly for healthcare, science and education - none of which are particularly "urban" developments. Daly has done far more urban development than HDR has, and even they are located in suburban Omaha. As mentioned before, engineering doesn't need urban either.

User avatar
RockHarbor
Human Relations
Posts: 879
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Omaha

Re: Downtown HDR Corporate Headquarters

Postby RockHarbor » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:32 pm

guest2016 wrote:
I'd assume this...
Downtown: The premier site - visible everywhere - is the one they wanted and the price became too high because OPA wanted more money. Why settle for something lesser just to be downtown?
Aksarben: There is one suitable spot left. As a company that does city planning, why would you push 1,000+ more people into the small streets of Aksarben Village. Also, it's in the middle of that development - it's not really that great of a site if you want to stand out.
Crossroads: The developer wants a mall. They've already built an extremely successful mall out west. The total office space that was proposed doesn't accommodate a corporate tenant the size of HDR. The developer has also already turned down other ideas to stick with what he wanted.

I'm not sure why you'd assume they are driving to be urban-oriented. They aren't now. Their architecture group is known vastly for healthcare, science and education - none of which are particularly "urban" developments. Daly has done far more urban development than HDR has, and even they are located in suburban Omaha. As mentioned before, engineering doesn't need urban either.


Thanks for your remarks. It is always nice for me to hear other views & perceptions, and learn from them...

Yes, I've looked at their portfolio (and Daly's) online, and I know they have those types of healthcare/science/education projects. (That is why I said that comment about them "designing suburban projects", not just urban.)

Whether a great architecture firm is located downtown or the suburbs, I still feel the firm's "beating heart" is more urban-orientated -- not suburban. Why? Because suburban is still urban, but more a "relaxed urban." Suburban is not rural, it is still a form of urban. (It's not like their portfolio is of rural farm buildings & horse stables.) And, I don't know any architect or architect firm who designs these bigger buildings who isn't "in love" with authentic urban design -- even more so than more relaxed suburban styles. Ya know? That's where I was coming from. That's all...

Because their revealed design downtown involves a design that is more suited for an urban setting, then suburban, it only helps with that perception of them. So, it is easy to think of their new building being "set down" in a more urban setting, like downtown, or a more trendy, urban village, like Aksarben, or Crossroads.

If they whip-out a new design, and the building looks more suburban in nature & form (like West Des Moines' Athene Building, for example), and they build it far-out in West Omaha, then great... But, out in the world of easier parking, I'll still think of them all as "on top" of the latest, wanted urban designs -- like I notice Leo A Daly keeps up on. That's "part of the game" for most architecture firms. They have to keep current.

I like HDR's work. It is unique. To me, it is just a small step-off the usual and the norm, yet still has pleasing & pleasant & tasteful lines & touches to it, that somehow work. One of my favorite architects, Helmut Jahn, has that aspect, imo. I think of HDR's children's hospital (with the vertical, colorful, creative umbrella display within the glass) on 84th & Dodge. Love it.
"Crossroads Village" down the street from "Aksarben Village?" Does "Crossroads" have any meaning to people 20 and under? "Dodge At 72nd" is a type name I like better, drawing from the excitement of the iconic, special Omaha intersection. My $.02.

guest2016
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:04 am

Re: Downtown HDR Corporate Headquarters

Postby guest2016 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:31 pm

RockHarbor wrote:Because their revealed design downtown involves a design that is more suited for an urban setting, then suburban, it only helps with that perception of them. So, it is easy to think of their new building being "set down" in a more urban setting, like downtown, or a more trendy, urban village, like Aksarben, or Crossroads.

If they whip-out a new design, and the building looks more suburban in nature & form (like West Des Moines' Athene Building, for example), and they build it far-out in West Omaha, then great... But, out in the world of easier parking, I'll still think of them all as "on top" of the latest, wanted urban designs -- like I notice Leo A Daly keeps up on. That's "part of the game" for most architecture firms. They have to keep current.


Be prepared for that. From what my internal sources have told me, part of the CEO FAQ (that was confirmed either on this board or on another board by someone who I know is not and of my friends), it says the design proposed from downtown is scrapped unless they build downtown (which was also said that there are no other sites downtown that fit their needs).

User avatar
RockHarbor
Human Relations
Posts: 879
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Omaha

Re: Downtown HDR Corporate Headquarters

Postby RockHarbor » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:54 pm

guest2016 wrote:Be prepared for that. From what my internal sources have told me, part of the CEO FAQ (that was confirmed either on this board or on another board by someone who I know is not and of my friends), it says the design proposed from downtown is scrapped unless they build downtown (which was also said that there are no other sites downtown that fit their needs).


I'm sure you're correct. Ultimately: Wherever they end up, I just want their design to be appropriate for the area.

To make it simple, thinking about urban-orientated design, verses suburban-orientated, it mainly comes simply down to a building looking like it it is more fitting-for, or designed-for, a square lot on a city grid, rather than the freedom that comes with open land & curvy roads. (We all get this sense with Con Agra's contrasting suburban-style campus downtown, which has buildings scattered about...rather than strictly aligned on a grid, like the rest of downtown.) You don't need me to tell you this.

This is why I don't like Ameritrade's design sitting in Old Mill. The design looks more urban-orientated to me, more fitting for a grid, imo. Athene's building in West Des Moines, however, consists of building wings & sections gathered around the main structure, like as on a curving line, a complex with the freedom to sprawl-out, with plenty of land around it. That's more suburban-orientated design. And, you don't need me to tell you this...

I could talk this type stuff all day. lol Anyways, have a good day!
"Crossroads Village" down the street from "Aksarben Village?" Does "Crossroads" have any meaning to people 20 and under? "Dodge At 72nd" is a type name I like better, drawing from the excitement of the iconic, special Omaha intersection. My $.02.

edsas
Human Relations
Posts: 810
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:47 pm
Location: La Vista

Re: Downtown HDR Corporate Headquarters

Postby edsas » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:25 pm

RockHarbor wrote:
guest2016 wrote:
This is why I don't like Ameritrade's design sitting in Old Mill. The design looks more urban-orientated to me, more fitting for a grid, imo.


I say build high density, urban style everywhere and anywhere. Who's to say that over the next few decades, Old Mill won't transform into an urban enclave? Think of Century City in LA which emerged off of Fox Studio's backlot. 35 years ago, Century Plaza Towers were essentially the only high-rises there.

Image

But now look at it:

Image

User avatar
RockHarbor
Human Relations
Posts: 879
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Omaha

Re: Downtown HDR Corporate Headquarters

Postby RockHarbor » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:49 pm

edsas wrote:I say build high density, urban style everywhere and anywhere. Who's to say that over the next few decades, Old Mill won't transform into an urban enclave? Think of Century City in LA which emerged off of Fox Studio's backlot. 35 years ago, Century Plaza Towers were essentially the only high-rises there.


Edsas: I love that satisfying batch of buildings in West Los Angeles. I would love for Old Mill to become more a high-rise "Century City" in the middle of town. It is the perfect area. Yet, open lots are needed.

In fact, I was told that Ameritrade built there w/ the expectation more would be torn down to make way for bigger buildings. But, somebody else told me on this board that they don't plan on tearing anything more down in Old Mill because of traffic concerns, that Ameritrade got a "special pass" to build there. That was disappointing to me, considering there are still those 1-story building complexes in Old Mill sitting on such now-ultra-valuable land. I not only want more height in that area, I want some really modern buildings to help "soften the blow" of that new Ameritrade Building.

Plus, I would love if they would install really tall, immense freeway lights, rising tall between the two elevated ribbons of the Dodge Expressway, to give that area more a "big bright freeway interchange" feel. It is so intense already, I would like it better even more dramatic. Plus, w/ bigger ultra-modern buildings around, I don't think I'll mind the elevated expressway as much.

Seriously, I would love if they would just take everything out of Old Mill except the new Ameritrade HQ and Christ Community Church, and put a little semi-grid (like Aksarben Village) in there, and just start fresh.

Nice to see you (and your familiar name) again! To think I've known about "Edsas" for around 15 years now already.
"Crossroads Village" down the street from "Aksarben Village?" Does "Crossroads" have any meaning to people 20 and under? "Dodge At 72nd" is a type name I like better, drawing from the excitement of the iconic, special Omaha intersection. My $.02.

edsas
Human Relations
Posts: 810
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:47 pm
Location: La Vista

Re: Downtown HDR Corporate Headquarters

Postby edsas » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:14 pm

RockHarbor wrote:Seriously, I would love if they would just take everything out of Old Mill except the new Ameritrade HQ and Christ Community Church, and put a little semi-grid (like Aksarben Village) in there, and just start fresh.


I think everything but those two structures do clear out in piecemeal way at first, and then with more momentum later. Traffic concerns will be allayed in a gradual fashion. There will be a tipping point (in 20 to 30 years) when the surrounding residents will no longer have the objection because both the infrastructure and general attitudes will have changed.

And 15 years, man. Oy vey! Hard to believe it's been that long. Whatever happened to StreetsofOmaha, by the way?

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20812
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Downtown HDR Corporate Headquarters

Postby Coyote » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:23 pm

edsas wrote:Whatever happened to StreetsofOmaha, by the way?


Ran into his father a few months back...
Image

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20812
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Downtown HDR Corporate Headquarters

Postby Coyote » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:18 pm

100 parking stalls proved a tipping point in HDR giving up on downtown site near 11th and Dodge

OK. Am I the only person that thinks that this is waaaaay too petty not to think that something else off the record has to have occurred?
Image

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6280
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Downtown HDR Corporate Headquarters

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:34 pm

Coyote wrote:100 parking stalls proved a tipping point in HDR giving up on downtown site near 11th and Dodge

OK. Am I the only person that thinks that this is waaaaay too petty not to think that something else off the record has to have occurred?


No my friend, you are not the only one. I read this article and here is my reaction: :roll: ..

I don't know what, exactly, was the "tipping point" in this triumvirate mess of incompetence- (HDR/OPA/The City).. But this just smacks of- "HDR didn't want to be there".. Now does this mean HDR doesn't want to be downtown? We shall see. But a company who has a current lease expiring at the beginning of 2019, doesn't simply pull the plug in a project (announced a mere 73 days earlier with a rendering and timetable etc) without absolutely knowing where they want to go now.. I suspect they'll locate out west by Boystown or possibly at Aksarben Village (where congestion and parking is becoming a convoluted mess.. I work there and I've seen the transformation)..but I still hold the faintest of hope they will reconsider an alternative downtown location..

I predict, by next Friday, we'll know the answer..and more "truths" will be revealed...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20812
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Downtown HDR Corporate Headquarters

Postby Coyote » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:43 pm

I really hope, really hope, that this is not a Corporate Welfare issue. Big business, money people, wanting to squeeze the most out of the community bank in order to provide dividends (economic or prestige) for citizens who least need government help/welfare...
Image

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6280
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Downtown HDR Corporate Headquarters

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:48 pm

^ ^ ^

Agreed...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

NEDodger
Library Board
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:19 am

Re: Downtown HDR Corporate Headquarters

Postby NEDodger » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:18 am

OPA wanted to be paid as handsomely as possible for their prime real estate. Part of the problem is HDR going public with their plans BEFORE having the land secured - that one makes no sense to me. Once there was public pressure about the old buildings, OPA played chicken by jacking up the price.

No more, no less.

This is on Gottschalk, despite the about-face he's trying to make in this article.

User avatar
RockHarbor
Human Relations
Posts: 879
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Omaha

Re: Downtown HDR Corporate Headquarters

Postby RockHarbor » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:31 am

edsas wrote:I think everything but those two structures do clear out in piecemeal way at first, and then with more momentum later. Traffic concerns will be allayed in a gradual fashion. There will be a tipping point (in 20 to 30 years) when the surrounding residents will no longer have the objection because both the infrastructure and general attitudes will have changed.

And 15 years, man. Oy vey! Hard to believe it's been that long. Whatever happened to StreetsofOmaha, by the way?


I hope attitudes change. And, honestly...I used to have a tug-o-war inside wanting Old Mill cleared-out to make way for bigger buildings, but still having this affection for those two office buildings in Old Mill that looked big back in the day -- but now look squat. But, I no longer care if those stay, as I discovered Des Moines' 80's suburbia contains those exact two buildings. So, they aren't even "special" to Omaha, only found in our city's "architecture file." They are just repeat designs -- just like a company builds the same apartment complex plan in Omaha, Lincoln, and Des Moines. But, houses & apartments are one thing....big suburban office buildings are another. So, they can gladly go, imo. (I posted a double aerial in an Omaha/Des Moines thread here showing this...)

Streets of Omaha: Just the other day, I was wondering about him. I read an old entry here by him. Didn't he move to Quebec City, or something? That's the last I knew. I hope he is well -- wherever he is at, whatever he is doing.

This new "100 Parking Stalls" article: Interesting, indeed.
"Crossroads Village" down the street from "Aksarben Village?" Does "Crossroads" have any meaning to people 20 and under? "Dodge At 72nd" is a type name I like better, drawing from the excitement of the iconic, special Omaha intersection. My $.02.


Return to “Projects Never Built”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest