HDR Proposed Downtown Office

Proposed Development Projects that got Minarded.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Re: HDR

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

If true, this location is probably the best non-downtown option.

Same design? Is there a full city block of open space in Aksarben Village? I thought there was already something planned for the open lot.
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

Joe_Sovereign wrote:If true, this location is probably the best non-downtown option.

Same design? Is there a full city block of open space in Aksarben Village? I thought there was already something planned for the open lot.
Well I know all that the Waitt site has been waiting for is an office tenant.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

As I said before, the only obstacle was the promise made to Blue Cross to be the tallest building in Aksarben Village. Noddle has been negotiating and redesigning Lot 6 for the past months to make this happen.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Not a surprise if true. That's gonna be a lot of people in AK Village each day. Might be forming a new core type area.
No posts exist for this topic
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

PotatoeEatsFish wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:
Joe_Sovereign wrote:I hear there is a lot of backroom negotiations going on between the city and HDR on where HDR will go. I don't know of specific sites. Although the City's preference is to get HDR downtown. I don't know if HDR is still interested in that.

Whatever is going on, nobody seems to be talking.
The silence is ominous indeed.. Thanks for the insight..

It's been since April 7th when CEO George Little yanked HDR out of the original downtown plan. We're going on 3 months of no news. The W-H indicates that HDR either won't comment or return phone calls when asked about the subject..

HDR's HQ location decision may be the most guarded "entertainment secret" since "Who shot JR"...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
The silence is giving me a bad feeling. I know they said they won't leave town but I never trust businesses.
Naw, I'm confident HDR won't be relocating away from the Omaha area..

As it relates to the possibility of AK Village, it's been on the list of a potential HQ's location. I work in AK Village. If it's true, then HDR will add to an already congested area and create an even worse gauntlet of traffic nightmares..

But also if it's true AK Village is a "done deal", I'd suspect a story would be leaked to the media any day now...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
stabone99
Home Owners Association

Post by stabone99 »

This is one of the places in Omaha that is a huge disappointment as an employee. Not only is the drive going to be the same as downtown but the congestion will be far worse.
Catherine33
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Catherine33 »

I am not sure if the design will remain the same. I have heard that this will cause some serious issues for Ak Village in terms of traffic,
parking, egress, etc.
stabone99
Home Owners Association

Post by stabone99 »

Catherine33 wrote:I am not sure if the design will remain the same. I have heard that this will cause some serious issues for Ak Village in terms of traffic,
parking, egress, etc.
I heard a study was performed and it was determined a company of the size of HDR wouldn't fit into the infrastructure in place.

Post by Guest »

stabone99 wrote:
Catherine33 wrote:I am not sure if the design will remain the same. I have heard that this will cause some serious issues for Ak Village in terms of traffic,
parking, egress, etc.
I heard a study was performed and it was determined a company of the size of HDR wouldn't fit into the infrastructure in place.
The rumors I have heard about Aksarben is that it is not going in the lot that was the Waitt Plaza. It would be going near Aksarben, but not within the current development.
guesto

Post by guesto »

Crossroads....

announcement soon. was the linchpin that got everything going with the city/developers to sign off
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

I feel like at this point we have heard confirmations on the Civic Site, the Library, Midtown, Aksarben, Crossroads, FN Business Park, the Boystown Land, La Vista, and 204th and |expletive|.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
MSizlack
Home Owners Association

Post by MSizlack »

It certainly could be crossroads, but I heard that Yates or the owner of the land would not sell any of the land even when they were offered above market price by two businesses that wanted to build there last year. But with the way the project has creeped on, maybe they changed their minds and had to sell some off to HDR to get things moving.

Post by Guest »

Garrett wrote:I feel like at this point we have heard confirmations on the Civic Site, the Library, Midtown, Aksarben, Crossroads, FN Business Park, the Boystown Land, La Vista, and 204th and |expletive|.
Civic site: Nope.
Library: A pipe dream. Literally, the Mayor said it could be redeveloped and people thought HDR. There is no timeline for redevelopment.
Midtown: Possible, but unlikely.
Aksarben: Possible.
Crossroads: Possible.
FN Business Park: Possible, but unlikely. Space is limited here for the size HDR wants.
Boystown: Possible.
204th: Not heard this one. Unlikely. More likely would be 180th or 192nd, but still doubtful.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

MSizlack wrote:It certainly could be crossroads, but I heard that Yates or the owner of the land would not sell any of the land even when they were offered above market price by two businesses that wanted to build there last year. But with the way the project has creeped on, maybe they changed their minds and had to sell some off to HDR to get things moving.
HDR wouldn't want to own the land anyways.
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

If it is the Crossroads, the BestBuy lot could be under Construction in no time. The BestBuy building is empty and owned by the Crossroads developer. Demo and beginning new construction could be a quick process. The demo of the rest of the Mall and the building of the retail, apartments, and office in the rest of the plan would not be affected.
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

Guest wrote:
Garrett wrote:I feel like at this point we have heard confirmations on the Civic Site, the Library, Midtown, Aksarben, Crossroads, FN Business Park, the Boystown Land, La Vista, and 204th and |expletive|.
Civic site: Nope.
Library: A pipe dream. Literally, the Mayor said it could be redeveloped and people thought HDR. There is no timeline for redevelopment.
Midtown: Possible, but unlikely.
Aksarben: Possible.
Crossroads: Possible.
FN Business Park: Possible, but unlikely. Space is limited here for the size HDR wants.
Boystown: Possible.
204th: Not heard this one. Unlikely. More likely would be 180th or 192nd, but still doubtful.
I'm not saying I believed any of them. I'm simply saying I'm not going to hold my breath on any confirmed site until there's steel rising.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

I don't believe anybody that is posting here really knows anything. One of them will probably end up being right but it wasn't because they had inside info.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

It's also possible HDR doesn't even know yet.
15-17, 26, 32
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

For the record, I am, of course, disappointed with this site selection. Being someone who works in AK Village, I think it's a decision that will Enhance the already developing gauntlet of traffic confusion and congestion in this area. I wonder what their employees will think when they try to leave the area for lunch, home for the day, client visits and shuttles etc..and find themselves contained within a traffic mousetrap..HDR may end up regretting this selection in the long run.. In the end for me- 2 words cone to mind: Lost opportunity.. A lost opportunity for Omaha and its downtown.

I guess it's better than a location "way out west".. And for the record, I never bought the Boystown property rumor.. AK Village was the one I was afraid was most likely; with a faint hope for downtown.. Now folks, it's a reality..

The only good thing is, I don't have to hear speculation about where their HQ's will be anymore. There's a silver lining in everything, right? Meh...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Re: HDR Proposed Downtown Office

Post by RNcyanide »

This has been some of the worst speculation that I have witnessed on this site. I'm so happy this is done.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Re: HDR Proposed Downtown Office

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

RNcyanide wrote:This has been some of the worst speculation that I have witnessed on this site. I'm so happy this is done.
Holy no restaurant tax paying food trucks batman it looks like Catherine33 was the winner of this contest. :lol: