80 Dodge

Proposed Development Projects that got Minarded.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Why does everything on this forum have to turn in to a naming discussion... Names just happen.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Indeed, they do.

Juliet Capulet might disagree, but I think there is A LOT in a name.

Here's where there always seems to be confusion.  People don't understand or realize that "Midtown" is a proper name for a specific area of the city, just like Downtown, South Omaha, Dundee, Benson, etc.  So, to say "Dundee is in Midtown" is inaccurate.  Dundee is Dundee and Midtown is Midtown.  The confusion arises when people use the term "midtown" geographically.  To avoid confusion, I tend to use the term "central Omaha" or "in the middle of the city," or just avoid that kind of language all together and refer to specific intersections, for example "the 42nd and Center area," or "the 120th and Maple area."

The funny thing is that I've heard the 90th and Dodge area called "Midtown" AND "West Omaha" by various media sources.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
mcarch
Library Board

Post by mcarch »

I just used a term that seemed appropriate, I didn't mean to stir up a naming discussion.
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

Prices increased 10% last week.  We are about 20% reserved.  Prices are expected to increase again next month because of the growing demand.  Just letting everyone in the loop.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

When will we see a wrecking ball?
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

Later this fall or early next year.
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

This has been sitting on my computer for a long time and finally had time to put it up.  Enjoy the fly by.

Edit: Now with music
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

This is going ot be an impressive corridor on Dodge St.
Very impressive video there Adam! How as that done?
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

Thanks Coyote.  It was quite simple; all i did was upload the vid to photobucket and selected a song and let it do it's thing.

Also, what's up with the lack of love?  The thread was almost on the second page.  Anyway, is it because it's not DT or what?  I mean, a 12 story building that received high praise from Omaha by Design and will be a catalyst for their vision in a civicly important corridor for Omaha isn't substantial?  Whew, maybe we just forgot or there were no updates to talk about. :D
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

adam186 wrote:Also, what's up with the lack of love?  The thread was almost on the second page.  Anyway, is it because it's not DT or what?  I mean, a 12 story building that received high praise from Omaha by Design and will be a catalyst for their vision in a civicly important corridor for Omaha isn't substantial?  Whew, maybe we just forgot or there were no updates to talk about. :D
I have two guesses:
1.  its not downtown and about 75% of this forum doesn't care about anything west of Dundee, which is really sad.
2.  Its not controversial, so they can't wast hours and hours beating a dead horse! :;):

I am excited, just get moving on it so I can post pictures of it.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

adam186 wrote:Also, what's up with the lack of love?
Probably I would think because there hasn't been any news lately.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Oh god, of course I think this is a GREAT starting point for what I hope will be a trend along Dodge Street.

It's just hard to get any more excited about it when there hasn't been any visible progress.  When steel starts to rise, it will be a different story.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

Expect steel to start rising next spring/summer.  Demo of the old building could be late fall or early spring, with groundbreaking for the new building tentatively scheduled for April 1st next year.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

adam186 wrote:Expect steel to start rising next spring/summer.  Demo of the old building could be late fall or early spring, with groundbreaking for the new building tentatively scheduled for April 1st next year.
Awesome!
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

Haha, Chris next time don't forget to log me out.

And yes, this is true, straight from the developers mouth.  Ofcourse, it could be sooner though!

Edit: Maybe we should change that date, it lands directly on April Fools Day. :?
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

Quick Update:
80 Dodge will more than likely be seeing a decrease from 72 units to 56 units.  This is to maximize the amount of windows and to reconfigure some of the units.  Developers still looking at the new plans but will likely come to a decision fairly soon.

With that, we are over 25% reserved and have commitments for 50% of the commercial space.

Also, on Tuesday we got the preliminary approval from the City Council.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Still the same amount of floors?
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

Yes, it will still be 12 stories tall.  It will be a little thinner however.
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

Long over do photo shoot.  These were taken about a month ago by Josh.  These pictures are from unit 3 and is about 900 sq/ft.

Photo by the1wags

Photo by the1wags

Photo by the1wags

Photo by the1wags

Photo by the1wags

Photo by the1wags

Photo by the1wags

Photo by the1wags
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

Just once I'd like to see a model with crappy old mismatched furniture so I would know what to really expect if I moved in.  :)
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

Thanks for posting those Adam, I've been slacking in getting those up here. The model is sweet, here's hoping everything goes to plan out there. :)
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Great Photos Josh!

We talked about critique.... The first one, you need to move to the left about two feet due to the reflection in the window. Also, did you use a tripod?  I am wondering about your f stop if you were.
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

Those are all on my tripod. I need to get back out there with my wide angle and also get some shots from the roof. I'm sure the F stop was wide open to get any available light in.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Very nice Josh..

Great job!..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I was thinking with no wind, no movement, just do some really long exposures so you could shoot with a much higher f stop and get more focus on the entire scene.

Still great photos.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Did anyone go to their wine tasting (or whatever) event last night?

I saw a poster downtown advertising the event, and it seemed to have a pretty cool looking new rendering.  I looked on the web site and didn't see it.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

A poster downtown, huh?

Did it say something like... "If you lived here, you could be home by, well, not quite by now... but surely in half the time it would take you to drive out to your home in west Omaha."
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

I did. :;):

I'll post some pictures of the event later when I have more time.

If any of you would like to be put in the database for any future invites or updates, please PM me or email.

Edit: adam@80dodge.com
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

Here is a little thing I put together for everyone.

http://www.realestateshows.com/flyer.php?id=230242

Also, prices will be increasing on Nov 29th.  The developers haven't told us by how much yet.  So if anyone has a particular unit in mind, it would be a good time to put in your non-binding reservation to lock in the current prices before they continue to go up.
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

Parking lot has been closed for a week.

Also, we are shooting for City Council approval in early Janurary.  This will be the last hurdle we have to overcome (public approval wise).  I don't think this will be a problem considering the praise the project has received by Omaha by Design.
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

adam186 wrote:Virtual Tour of Model
Looks nice adam.
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

Man whoever took those pics for you is a badass! :lol: Nice work with the tour Adam. I'm glad those pics worked out for the 360.
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

Everyone is invited!

omahastylee459
Parks & Recreation

Post by omahastylee459 »

With 80 Dodge, the new Beverly Hills Plaza, and the new buildings built for the hospital, this area will be completely unrecognizable!
redfield
Library Board

Post by redfield »

With 80 Dodge, the new Beverly Hills Plaza, and the new buildings built for the hospital, this area will be completely unrecognizable!

On a long enough timeline, the entire area really will look something a little like the vision that Omaha by Design had for the area.  

http://www.omahabydesign.org <----look into civic goals...
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

omahastylee459 wrote:With 80 Dodge, the new Beverly Hills Plaza, and the new buildings built for the hospital, this area will be completely unrecognizable!
Throw on things in the midtown area like Midtown Crossing and new Saddle Creek Rd, the Dodge street corridor will be completely unrecognizable!  It's great!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

adam186 wrote:Expect steel to start rising next spring/summer.  Demo of the old building could be late fall or early spring, with groundbreaking for the new building tentatively scheduled for April 1st next year.
Any update on this schedule Adam or Chris?
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

Still the same time frame as of now.  I'll let you guys know if anything changes.

Does anybody plan on attending this party?  I would love to see a good eomahaforum turnout!!!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Sure, I can stop in.

They better get demolishing for an April 1 ground breaking.