Towers at Village Pointe

Proposed Development Projects that got Minarded.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Towers at Village Pointe

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

I've passed by a sign advertising this development several times but kept forgetting to post something about it....

Across the street and just to the east of the Village Pointe Theatre entrance at Village Pointe in a lot next to one of the new medical buildings is a sign advertising a new condominium development called Towers at Village Pointe. I haven't been able to stop and take any pictures of it, but it shows a rendering of a.....five story tower(?) as well as the taglines "Urban living in the suburbs" and "starting in the low $200,000s!"

The developer is McNeil Company Builders. Nothing on their web-site says anything about this project at this point in time, but nor do they seem to mention much about any of their developments. They are apparently the builders responsible for remodeling Montclair on Center, the Westport apartments (144th and F), the Ontario Place Apartments (72nd and I-80), what appears to be some residential buildings at Aksarben Village, and numerous architectural plans for single family homes.

http://www.mcneilcompany.com

Judging from their other projects, this could be a nice condo development...

Anybody happen to have any information on this development?
Last edited by TitosBuritoBarn on Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
justnick
Human Relations

Post by justnick »

Is five stories really a tower?
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

West of 72nd it is.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

I think this deal is sleeping soundly at this point.  However, haven't heard of its demise so thats a plus.
redfield
Library Board

Post by redfield »

Hi guys,

A website is in the works on the project, which I'll post here when ready.  A lot of the details of the project are still being determined, but the plan calls for two 7 story towers, overlooking Village Pointe on one side, and pacific springs golf course on the other.  Will be an awesome project, this is what village pointe was supposed to be in the beginning, a true mixed use village.
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

Well I'll say that at least its a denser residential option than the standard for west O.
lonnie
Library Board

Post by lonnie »

At Village Pointe, I noticed today that the "Towers at Village Pointe" signs have been removed, and a new sign offering "Office Space" has been planted.

It appears, yet another condo project bites the dust.
iamjacobm
City Council

Re: Towers at Village Pointe

Post by iamjacobm »

Funny I had never heard of this project till this morning. Clearly dead, but had decent looking renderings.

http://activerain.trulia.com/blogsview/ ... age-pointe