"Check your facts fool, I'm out!"

The Political decisions of Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

"Check your facts fool, I'm out!"

Post by Brad »

"Check your facts fool, I'm out!" - Ben Gray

http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/frustra ... f6878.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lol, wonder how many politicians wanted to do this at one time or another... Probably 99.9%.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Re: "Check your facts fool, I'm out!"

Post by bigredmed »

The video on KETV last night was dramatic. Seems that the guy making the first charge was not the only one making it.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

It did look like a pretty heated debate. I am not siding with the councilmen, but it is pretty tough when all these people stand up and tell you what needs done, but they have no idea how to get it done and they definitely aren't going to try to change anything themselves. Lots of people call out officials, but there is no action on their part, they just think everyone is supposed to do something for them.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Ben Gray later apologized for letting the guy get under his skin. But I still sympathize with the councilman. There has been progress made in NE Omaha, but so much more needs to be done. If it was an easy problem to fix it would have been fixed 50 years ago.
BIG-T
New to the Neighborhood

Post by BIG-T »

nativeomahan wrote:Ben Gray later apologized for letting the guy get under his skin.  But I still sympathize with the councilman.  There has been progress made in NE Omaha, but so much more needs to be done.  If it was an easy problem to fix it would have been fixed 50 years ago.
Progress has been made in north and east Omaha, but when you have council saying in time things will change and it doesn't happen people get fed up. There are houses and old buildings that are a horrible eye sore to Omaha. They need to be tore down. I rather see a bunch of empty lots than eye sores.