2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

The Political decisions of Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

Dundeemaha
Library Board
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:41 am
Location: Country Club

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby Dundeemaha » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:44 am

A few questions for you Grandpasmucker: Do you think Mello supports Trump?

Both support the street car that you dislike, Mello probably more so than Stothert. Neither supports Trump.

Do you prefer Mello over Stothert? If so why?

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:52 pm

Dundeemaha wrote:A few questions for you Grandpasmucker: Do you think Mello supports Trump?

Both support the street car that you dislike, Mello probably more so than Stothert. Neither supports Trump.

Do you prefer Mello over Stothert? If so why?



I like Stothert and dont know Mello. I believe Stothert has "Broken Bad" and is only going to get worse. Much as I like Stothert its time to drain the swamp and restock it with Mello! If Mello stinks (and he will!) we can boot him out and try again at the end of his term. Straight up we are not going to let Stothert get by with lying about getting rid of the restaurant tax and subverting the President.

User avatar
Brooklyn Decker
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:30 am
Location: Sports Illustrated
Contact:

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby Brooklyn Decker » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:46 pm

GPA-SMUC.jpg
GPA-SMUC.jpg (120.2 KiB) Viewed 1136 times
Brooklyn Decker

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:09 pm

Brooklyn Decker wrote:
GPA-SMUC.jpg


I think its great you kids want shiny Street Cars and free Health Insurance and new stadiums. I also think you are communists and moochers because you want to make me to pay for it. 8)

User avatar
choke
Human Relations
Posts: 671
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:46 am
Location: North Omaha

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby choke » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:08 pm

RNcyanide wrote:
choke wrote:
Taco wrote:
choke wrote:Per Robynn Tysver / World-Herald staff writer:

Sheriff Tim Dunning endorses Heath Mello, says he blocks calls from former ally Mayor Jean Stothert


Dana Bradford, Michael Yanney, John Gottschalk and Michael Cassling — some of the city’s top GOP businessmen and philanthropists — have donated considerable sums of dollars to Mello, according to state financial reports.


I don't about Yanney, but I can guess why the others listed here aren't behind Stothert. And Gottschalk kills me. Did he purposefully wreck the HDR deal just to spite Stothert?


Maybe his time working with Stothert on the HDR deal is what influenced him not to support her?


I'm a patron of the Holland but the place leaves a bad taste in my mouth sometimes. It was imperative to have the land east of the Holland for expansion and not for parking. That land is going to sit as a grassy field for the next 15+ years.


Bad taste? How so?


Bad taste as in, while I don't work for the city, looking at the whole HDR situation from the outside, it seems to me that HDR eventually abandoned downtown because the Holland Center (John Gottschalk) was impossible to work with. And I think Gottschalk is behind Mello because Stothert called Gottschalk out.

User avatar
Uffda
Planning Board
Posts: 3070
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby Uffda » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:06 pm

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
Brooklyn Decker wrote:
GPA-SMUC.jpg


I think its great you kids want shiny Street Cars and free Health Insurance and new stadiums. I also think you are communists and moochers because you want to make me to pay for it. 8)


One old guy to another -- me thinks you are a poser --

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1905
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby bigredmed » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:02 pm

choke wrote:
RNcyanide wrote:
choke wrote:
Taco wrote:
choke wrote:Per Robynn Tysver / World-Herald staff writer:

Sheriff Tim Dunning endorses Heath Mello, says he blocks calls from former ally Mayor Jean Stothert


Dana Bradford, Michael Yanney, John Gottschalk and Michael Cassling — some of the city’s top GOP businessmen and philanthropists — have donated considerable sums of dollars to Mello, according to state financial reports.


I don't about Yanney, but I can guess why the others listed here aren't behind Stothert. And Gottschalk kills me. Did he purposefully wreck the HDR deal just to spite Stothert?


Maybe his time working with Stothert on the HDR deal is what influenced him not to support her?


I'm a patron of the Holland but the place leaves a bad taste in my mouth sometimes. It was imperative to have the land east of the Holland for expansion and not for parking. That land is going to sit as a grassy field for the next 15+ years.


Bad taste? How so?


Bad taste as in, while I don't work for the city, looking at the whole HDR situation from the outside, it seems to me that HDR eventually abandoned downtown because the Holland Center (John Gottschalk) was impossible to work with. And I think Gottschalk is behind Mello because Stothert called Gottschalk out.


A friend who is in the know pretty much confirmed that Holland got demanding because they thought they had the juice to squeeze the city. They didn't.

User avatar
RNcyanide
Planning Board
Posts: 2748
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am
Location: Chalco

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby RNcyanide » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:18 am

The idea of an arts society trying to extort the city is kind of adorable.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1905
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby bigredmed » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:57 am

RNcyanide wrote:The idea of an arts society trying to extort the city is kind of adorable.


Not exactly common.

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:55 pm

Now the Fireman are backing Mello. I'm telling you right now that Mello is going to be the next mayor! It said in the paper today that Stothert claimed she did not repeal the restaurant tax because she was busy working on lowering the property taxes which she thought would help the taxpayers more. What a load that is. We luv ya Jean but seriously buh bye.

User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 2086
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby TitosBuritoBarn » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:18 pm

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:Now the Fireman are backing Mello. I'm telling you right now that Mello is going to be the next mayor! It said in the paper today that Stothert claimed she did not repeal the restaurant tax because she was busy working on lowering the property taxes which she thought would help the taxpayers more. What a load that is. We luv ya Jean but seriously buh bye.


....aren't you saving more money by paying less in property taxes? How often are you eating at the Cracker Barrel, G-$mucks?
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert

NEDodger
Library Board
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:19 am

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby NEDodger » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:31 pm

I think Stothert wins re-election. Mayors are typically kicked out for two reasons:

1.) The city goes into a noticeable decline, or
2.) The mayor isn't able to make a "connection" with their constituents (Jim Suttle)

I don't see Stothert having a problem with either.

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:01 pm

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:Now the Fireman are backing Mello. I'm telling you right now that Mello is going to be the next mayor! It said in the paper today that Stothert claimed she did not repeal the restaurant tax because she was busy working on lowering the property taxes which she thought would help the taxpayers more. What a load that is. We luv ya Jean but seriously buh bye.


....aren't you saving more money by paying less in property taxes? How often are you eating at the Cracker Barrel, G-$mucks?




I eat out pretty much every single day. Been that way for 25 years. I eat at the Crapper Barrel about once or twice a year. I know old people do love the Crapper Barrel though. I know people who eat there once a week religiously.

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:08 pm

NEDodger wrote:I think Stothert wins re-election. Mayors are typically kicked out for two reasons:

1.) The city goes into a noticeable decline, or
2.) The mayor isn't able to make a "connection" with their constituents (Jim Suttle)

I don't see Stothert having a problem with either.


I bet you are wrong. I think you got a lot of Democrats who will vote for Mello just because he is the Democrat and you will have a lot of Republicans who will vote for anyone but Stothert since she waffled on the Restaurant Tax repeal and support of Trump. Stothert and her campaign are out of touch with the Republicans.

User avatar
jessep28
Planning Board
Posts: 2373
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby jessep28 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:34 pm

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:
....aren't you saving more money by paying less in property taxes? How often are you eating at the Cracker Barrel, G-$mucks?


Omaha's Cracker Barrel is in Sarpy County and not subject to the city's restaurant tax.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum

OmahaFan
Home Owners Association
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:07 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby OmahaFan » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:33 am

Sothert is not out of touch with Republicans because she didn't support Trump. That's the most craziest thing I've heard. I'm republican and I'm still voting for her because she is way better then Mello. Though the Democrats are looking for a win in Nebraska and if they could get the Mayoral seat in Omaha they would be quite happy. They will champion it as Democrats coming back into power.

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:04 am

OmahaFan wrote:Sothert is not out of touch with Republicans because she didn't support Trump. That's the most craziest thing I've heard. I'm republican and I'm still voting for her because she is way better then Mello. Though the Democrats are looking for a win in Nebraska and if they could get the Mayoral seat in Omaha they would be quite happy. They will champion it as Democrats coming back into power.



Is it really so crazy that Stothert is out of touch with the Republicans because she did not support Trump? I think you better look around again. Take a look at todays paper and right there in the middle of the Public Pulse page is a submission from a man who says he can not trust Stothert anymore. It says hes mad about her lying about the restaurant tax and hes writing in John McCains name for mayor. In case you did not know Stothert claimed she wrote in McCain for president. Shes beating herself over the head with a hammer for what reason who knows but right now all Mello has to do is shut up and watch her bury herself.

User avatar
GetUrban
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1861
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby GetUrban » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:06 am

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
OmahaFan wrote:Sothert is not out of touch with Republicans because she didn't support Trump. That's the most craziest thing I've heard. I'm republican and I'm still voting for her because she is way better then Mello. Though the Democrats are looking for a win in Nebraska and if they could get the Mayoral seat in Omaha they would be quite happy. They will champion it as Democrats coming back into power.



Is it really so crazy that Stothert is out of touch with the Republicans because she did not support Trump? I think you better look around again. Take a look at todays paper and right there in the middle of the Public Pulse page is a submission from a man who says he can not trust Stothert anymore. It says hes mad about her lying about the restaurant tax and hes writing in John McCains name for mayor. In case you did not know Stothert claimed she wrote in McCain for president. Shes beating herself over the head with a hammer for what reason who knows but right now all Mello has to do is shut up and watch her bury herself.


If Trump's first few weeks are any indication, I think you'll see more and more Republicans distance themselves from him as time goes on. He's really only had about 36 good hours in his presidency so far...last Tuesday night/Wednesday. Stothert would be smart to not hitch herself to Trump in any way, in my opinion, if she wants most Omahans to vote for her.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:39 pm

GetUrban wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
OmahaFan wrote:Sothert is not out of touch with Republicans because she didn't support Trump. That's the most craziest thing I've heard. I'm republican and I'm still voting for her because she is way better then Mello. Though the Democrats are looking for a win in Nebraska and if they could get the Mayoral seat in Omaha they would be quite happy. They will champion it as Democrats coming back into power.



Is it really so crazy that Stothert is out of touch with the Republicans because she did not support Trump? I think you better look around again. Take a look at todays paper and right there in the middle of the Public Pulse page is a submission from a man who says he can not trust Stothert anymore. It says hes mad about her lying about the restaurant tax and hes writing in John McCains name for mayor. In case you did not know Stothert claimed she wrote in McCain for president. Shes beating herself over the head with a hammer for what reason who knows but right now all Mello has to do is shut up and watch her bury herself.


If Trump's first few weeks are any indication, I think you'll see more and more Republicans distance themselves from him as time goes on. He's really only had about 36 good hours in his presidency so far...last Tuesday night/Wednesday. Stothert would be smart to not hitch herself to Trump in any way, in my opinion, if she wants most Omahans to vote for her.



You seem to forget that Trump won in Omaha. You also are assuming that we believe the FAKE NEWS. I don't think us Trump supporters are mad at all. Yet! As I have said before if that wall is not started real soon we will help you hang him! Trump has not made us mad yet but the turd known as Obama Care is going to transfer a lot of its stink to Trump now that he has his fingers on it.

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8907
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby iamjacobm » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:50 pm

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
GetUrban wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
OmahaFan wrote:Sothert is not out of touch with Republicans because she didn't support Trump. That's the most craziest thing I've heard. I'm republican and I'm still voting for her because she is way better then Mello. Though the Democrats are looking for a win in Nebraska and if they could get the Mayoral seat in Omaha they would be quite happy. They will champion it as Democrats coming back into power.



Is it really so crazy that Stothert is out of touch with the Republicans because she did not support Trump? I think you better look around again. Take a look at todays paper and right there in the middle of the Public Pulse page is a submission from a man who says he can not trust Stothert anymore. It says hes mad about her lying about the restaurant tax and hes writing in John McCains name for mayor. In case you did not know Stothert claimed she wrote in McCain for president. Shes beating herself over the head with a hammer for what reason who knows but right now all Mello has to do is shut up and watch her bury herself.


If Trump's first few weeks are any indication, I think you'll see more and more Republicans distance themselves from him as time goes on. He's really only had about 36 good hours in his presidency so far...last Tuesday night/Wednesday. Stothert would be smart to not hitch herself to Trump in any way, in my opinion, if she wants most Omahans to vote for her.



You seem to forget that Trump won in Omaha. You also are assuming that we believe the FAKE NEWS. I don't think us Trump supporters are mad at all. Yet! As I have said before if that wall is not started real soon we will help you hang him! Trump has not made us mad yet but the turd known as Obama Care is going to transfer a lot of its stink to Trump now that he has his fingers on it.


Hillary won Douglas County. Who has the fake news again?

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:10 pm

iamjacobm wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
GetUrban wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
OmahaFan wrote:Sothert is not out of touch with Republicans because she didn't support Trump. That's the most craziest thing I've heard. I'm republican and I'm still voting for her because she is way better then Mello. Though the Democrats are looking for a win in Nebraska and if they could get the Mayoral seat in Omaha they would be quite happy. They will champion it as Democrats coming back into power.



Is it really so crazy that Stothert is out of touch with the Republicans because she did not support Trump? I think you better look around again. Take a look at todays paper and right there in the middle of the Public Pulse page is a submission from a man who says he can not trust Stothert anymore. It says hes mad about her lying about the restaurant tax and hes writing in John McCains name for mayor. In case you did not know Stothert claimed she wrote in McCain for president. Shes beating herself over the head with a hammer for what reason who knows but right now all Mello has to do is shut up and watch her bury herself.


If Trump's first few weeks are any indication, I think you'll see more and more Republicans distance themselves from him as time goes on. He's really only had about 36 good hours in his presidency so far...last Tuesday night/Wednesday. Stothert would be smart to not hitch herself to Trump in any way, in my opinion, if she wants most Omahans to vote for her.



You seem to forget that Trump won in Omaha. You also are assuming that we believe the FAKE NEWS. I don't think us Trump supporters are mad at all. Yet! As I have said before if that wall is not started real soon we will help you hang him! Trump has not made us mad yet but the turd known as Obama Care is going to transfer a lot of its stink to Trump now that he has his fingers on it.


Hillary won Douglas County. Who has the fake news again?



You got the FAKE NEWS. Hillary won no electoral votes from the state of Nebraska. None. Zilch. Even with all your help and Buffetts help she won nothing here! Maybe she won the most votes of everybody that say lives on Dodge Street too. Whatever she won, in the end she lost.

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8907
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby iamjacobm » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:22 pm

Do you understand the difference between a county and a congressional district?

User avatar
GetUrban
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1861
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby GetUrban » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:27 pm

G-PA, remember we were talking about whether it helped or hurt Stothert, the Mayor of Omaha, by not supporting tRump?

HRC got more votes than the Donald in Douglas County, which includes Omaha, you know.

See the official results for yourself....and weep. :drown:

http://www.votedouglascounty.com/elections/2016/General/G16ResultsSummary2016-11-08.htm

If you added up the Douglas County precincts in the Omaha City Limits only, those who can vote for mayor, HRC would have even more of an edge, I'll bet.
Last edited by GetUrban on Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:40 pm

iamjacobm wrote:Do you understand the difference between a county and a congressional district?


I don't think you got the bones to educate me much politically but I'm rooting for you to prove me wrong anyway!

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:47 pm

GetUrban wrote:G-PA, remember we were talking about whether it helped or hurt Stothert, the Mayor of Omaha, by not supporting tRump?

HRC got more votes than the Donald in Douglas County, which includes Omaha, you know.

See the official results for yourself....and weep. :drown:

http://www.votedouglascounty.com/elections/2016/General/G16ResultsSummary2016-11-08.htm



We all know that. What does that stat have to do with how many Republicans are going to vote Democrat this time around? Its a given that many of the Hillary supporting Dems will vote for Mello no matter what. My point is that Stothert has made enough Repubs mad that there are going to be many Trump voters that will vote for Mello. My case is she is doomed and its her own fault.

User avatar
Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations
Posts: 730
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:22 pm
Location: Midtown Crossings

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby Omaha_Gabe » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:35 pm

I sure hope no one has hackers trying to edge this election :)

User avatar
HR Paperstacks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1713
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: Midtown Crossing

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby HR Paperstacks » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:51 pm

Fake news?

You can't actually be serious about that |expletive|. :koko:

daveoma
Human Relations
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby daveoma » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:45 pm

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but Heath Mello has been endorsed by "Our Revolution".

https://ourrevolution.com/candidates/heath-mello/

NEDodger
Library Board
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:19 am

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby NEDodger » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:04 am

daveoma wrote:I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but Heath Mello has been endorsed by "Our Revolution".

https://ourrevolution.com/candidates/heath-mello/


Are there seriously people out there that are influenced based on who Shailene Woodley thinks should be elected mayor?

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:47 am

NEDodger wrote:
daveoma wrote:I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but Heath Mello has been endorsed by "Our Revolution".

https://ourrevolution.com/candidates/heath-mello/


Are there seriously people out there that are influenced based on who Shailene Woodley thinks should be elected mayor?



I'm voting for Mello because Jean sold us out in too many ways. It aint got nothing to do with anything else.


I like the candidate on the front page of todays paper named Taylor Royal. He says screw the stupid streetcar lets get a NFL team. Now were talking! And then Taylor says Stothert is a traitor for not supporting Trump and Mello is a crazy who supported Hillary. Those are 2 undeniable good points. It didnt say but I bet Taylor does not support Omaha being the Sanctuary City it now is. Its too late for Taylor to get in the game which stinks because he would of been far better then the two viable candidates we have to pick from.

User avatar
Garrett
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1808
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby Garrett » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:19 pm

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
NEDodger wrote:
daveoma wrote:I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but Heath Mello has been endorsed by "Our Revolution".

https://ourrevolution.com/candidates/heath-mello/


Are there seriously people out there that are influenced based on who Shailene Woodley thinks should be elected mayor?



I'm voting for Mello because Jean sold us out in too many ways. It aint got nothing to do with anything else.


I like the candidate on the front page of todays paper named Taylor Royal. He says screw the stupid streetcar lets get a NFL team. Now were talking! And then Taylor says Stothert is a traitor for not supporting Trump and Mello is a crazy who supported Hillary. Those are 2 undeniable good points. It didnt say but I bet Taylor does not support Omaha being the Sanctuary City it now is. Its too late for Taylor to get in the game which stinks because he would of been far better then the two viable candidates we have to pick from.

He thinks if Omaha doesn't get an NFL team Des Moines will and Omaha will be done as a city. You know, instead of buy $150,000 in commercials, his daddy just could have gotten him this for $20....

Image
From Omaha to Chicago
From Axel to Garrett

Still the same guy

User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 2086
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby TitosBuritoBarn » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:03 pm

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:

I like the candidate on the front page of todays paper named Taylor Royal. He says screw the stupid streetcar lets get a NFL team. Now were talking! And then Taylor says Stothert is a traitor for not supporting Trump and Mello is a crazy who supported Hillary. Those are 2 undeniable good points. It didnt say but I bet Taylor does not support Omaha being the Sanctuary City it now is. Its too late for Taylor to get in the game which stinks because he would of been far better then the two viable candidates we have to pick from.


Two-thirds of the nation disapprove of the job Trump is doing and Hilary won in the city. It doesn't make sense for any candidate to tag on to Trump, even from a partisan perspective because the position of mayor is officially nonpartisan.

If you think an NFL team will be less of a boondoggle for the city than the streetcar plan, I have some beach front property in Arizona I'd like to sell you. We don't have the market for the NFL and the main benefactors for an NFL team are the owners, not the city. San Diego has the market and said no thanks to a new stadium for a team they already had. Several times.

Des Moines would need to double it's population before it even becomes a contender for an NFL franchise. Even then, there would still be much larger markets to tap in to that don't already have a team.

And pro sports teams aren't even a symbol that a city has "made it." Look at Austin. No major sports teams and yet it's economy and cool factor are thriving. Compare that to Buffalo.
Last edited by TitosBuritoBarn on Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1905
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby bigredmed » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:08 pm

Wanting an NFL team in Omaha is pretty much the only reason you need to vote against Taylor Royal. The numbers are too clear, no city benefits from such a waste.

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:30 pm

bigredmed wrote:Wanting an NFL team in Omaha is pretty much the only reason you need to vote against Taylor Royal. The numbers are too clear, no city benefits from such a waste.



Sure you are right........but a pro NFL team sounds about 300 times more fun then a stupid streetcar in the wrong end of town.

buildomaha
Home Owners Association
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 7:06 pm

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby buildomaha » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:56 pm

Omaha can't support an NFL team, especially with the chiefs down the road. We just don't have the population to support it and the people of Nebraska may be hesitant to support anyone other than their cornhuskers.

User avatar
GetUrban
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1861
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby GetUrban » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:10 pm

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
bigredmed wrote:Wanting an NFL team in Omaha is pretty much the only reason you need to vote against Taylor Royal. The numbers are too clear, no city benefits from such a waste.



Sure you are right........but a pro NFL team sounds about 300 times more fun then a stupid streetcar in the wrong end of town.


If I'm not mistaken, when Rob McCartney interviewed Taylor on KETV's Kaleidescope, he said he wanted the new NFL stadium downtown northeast of TD Ameritrade....in what you call "the wrong end of town." He didn't say how he would pay the Billion dollar cost NFL stadiums are running now-a-days to build. Good luck selling-out tickets for the games in Omaha.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:02 pm

GetUrban wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
bigredmed wrote:Wanting an NFL team in Omaha is pretty much the only reason you need to vote against Taylor Royal. The numbers are too clear, no city benefits from such a waste.



Sure you are right........but a pro NFL team sounds about 300 times more fun then a stupid streetcar in the wrong end of town.


If I'm not mistaken, when Rob McCartney interviewed Taylor on KETV's Kaleidescope, he said he wanted the new NFL stadium downtown northeast of TD Ameritrade....in what you call "the wrong end of town." He didn't say how he would pay the Billion dollar cost NFL stadiums are running now-a-days to build. Good luck selling-out tickets for the games in Omaha.



No we don't want that stadium downtown. It should be built at South Port or even at the Mahoney State Park exit. The bigger problem would be that we need an indoor arena and then it would be 10 times nicer that the Clink and then they would have to cook up a reason to tear down the Clink like they did the Civic. Vegas just reeled in the Raiders today and with some Buffet or Rickets money we could be reeling in the Jaguars next.

User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 2086
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby TitosBuritoBarn » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:20 pm

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you're aware Royal has no sway in Sarpy or Saunders County.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:05 pm

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you're aware Royal has no sway in Sarpy or Saunders County.



He looks so young I'm not sure if he even has sway at on the school playground. Is that what you wanted to hear! He aint got a chance in China buts it fun that the paper gave us a quick look at him today.

buildomaha
Home Owners Association
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 7:06 pm

Re: 2017 Omaha Mayoral Election

Postby buildomaha » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:53 pm

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
GetUrban wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
bigredmed wrote:Wanting an NFL team in Omaha is pretty much the only reason you need to vote against Taylor Royal. The numbers are too clear, no city benefits from such a waste.



Sure you are right........but a pro NFL team sounds about 300 times more fun then a stupid streetcar in the wrong end of town.


If I'm not mistaken, when Rob McCartney interviewed Taylor on KETV's Kaleidescope, he said he wanted the new NFL stadium downtown northeast of TD Ameritrade....in what you call "the wrong end of town." He didn't say how he would pay the Billion dollar cost NFL stadiums are running now-a-days to build. Good luck selling-out tickets for the games in Omaha.



No we don't want that stadium downtown. It should be built at South Port or even at the Mahoney State Park exit. The bigger problem would be that we need an indoor arena and then it would be 10 times nicer that the Clink and then they would have to cook up a reason to tear down the Clink like they did the Civic. Vegas just reeled in the Raiders today and with some Buffet or Rickets money we could be reeling in the Jaguars next.

What?...


Return to “Omaha Metro Area Government”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests