Omaha Public Schools

The Political decisions of Omaha.

Moderators: Brad, nebugeater, Coyote, Omaha Cowboy

User avatar
choke
Human Relations
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:46 am
Location: North Omaha

Omaha Public Schools

Postby choke » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:33 pm

Per Erin Duffy / World-Herald staff writer:

OPS board expected to vote tonight on resolution aimed at reassuring immigrant families


The Omaha Public Schools board will consider a resolution tonight aimed at reassuring immigrant families that OPS will not wade into federal immigration enforcement.

The resolution, which the board is expected to vote on, states that OPS will not turn over information on a student or family’s immigration status to federal authorities, unless compelled by a court order or law or with permission from that family.

:thumb:

http://www.omaha.com/news/education/ops-board-expected-to-vote-tonight-on-resolution-aimed-at/article_48825231-f83c-5dc8-b40f-3f758e16383e.html

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations
Posts: 805
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Omaha Public Schools

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:15 pm

When the Mayor and the Public Schools are openly conspiring to subvert the government its illegal. :no:

User avatar
Uffda
Planning Board
Posts: 2947
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Omaha Public Schools

Postby Uffda » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:44 am

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:When the Mayor and the Public Schools are openly conspiring to subvert the government its illegal. :no:


Actually according to the article, the resolution just states the OPS is following the law. 8)
Last edited by Uffda on Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Omaha Public Schools

Postby bigredmed » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:05 am

Uffda wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:When the Mayor and the Public Schools are openly conspiring to subvert the government its illegal. :no:


Actually according to the article, the resolution just states the OPS is following the law.


Have to agree with the no votes on this one. Smacks of political posturing. Look for this vote to be used in the next Democrat primary when some school board member wants to run for higher office.

Dundeemaha
Library Board
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:41 am
Location: Country Club

Re: Omaha Public Schools

Postby Dundeemaha » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:31 pm

What is going on with the OPS board?

Remaining OPS superintendent finalists Gausman, Mumin withdraw from consideration

All 3 finalists withdrew from consideration? I admittedly have not paid much attention but this looks really bad.

User avatar
choke
Human Relations
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:46 am
Location: North Omaha

Re: Omaha Public Schools

Postby choke » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:08 pm

Dundeemaha wrote:What is going on with the OPS board?

Remaining OPS superintendent finalists Gausman, Mumin withdraw from consideration

All 3 finalists withdrew from consideration? I admittedly have not paid much attention but this looks really bad.


Who is going to want the job now and/or is OPS going to have to settle for a second-rate candidate? :arg:

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Omaha Public Schools

Postby bigredmed » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:44 am

choke wrote:
Dundeemaha wrote:What is going on with the OPS board?

Remaining OPS superintendent finalists Gausman, Mumin withdraw from consideration

All 3 finalists withdrew from consideration? I admittedly have not paid much attention but this looks really bad.


Who is going to want the job now and/or is OPS going to have to settle for a second-rate candidate? :arg:


Second rate? Several of these were second rate. We will be lucky to get third tier candidates.


Return to “Omaha Metro Area Government”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest