The Political decisions of Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation

Re: OPS Superintendent opening down to 0 again

Post by bigredmed1 »

Uffda wrote:
bigredmed1 wrote:
nebugeater wrote:Now the OPS board is looking like they are going to cut ties with the search firm they hired.

Once again it looks like it is time to blame someone else. Were not nearly all the comments about why the three candidate that withdrew because of the board and issues there?

http://www.omaha.com/news/education/ops ... f5fcf.html
Firing these guys seems pretty obvious. Can't say that I have any hope for OPS till the board gets replaced with new non union owned members.
Just curious which ones are those you seem to have inside knowledge?
I would wager all who have been there for >2 terms and all who ran for school board without having 100k to spend on signs.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

bigredmed1 wrote:
Uffda wrote:
bigredmed1 wrote:
nebugeater wrote:Now the OPS board is looking like they are going to cut ties with the search firm they hired.

Once again it looks like it is time to blame someone else. Were not nearly all the comments about why the three candidate that withdrew because of the board and issues there?

Firing these guys seems pretty obvious. Can't say that I have any hope for OPS till the board gets replaced with new non union owned members.
I would wager all who have been there for >2 terms and all who ran for school board without having 100k to spend on signs.
So that means you speculate but really don't have a clue which one(s). :shock:
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed1 »

Uffda wrote:
bigredmed1 wrote:
Uffda wrote:
bigredmed1 wrote:

Name me any that you trust not to be in the pocket of the teachers union. That you know for certain haven't taken money from them.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

bigredmed1 wrote:
Uffda wrote:
bigredmed1 wrote:
Uffda wrote:
bigredmed1 wrote:

Sorry that isn't how this works - you brought it up I am just wanting to see your proof instead of your speculations.

Name me any that you trust not to be in the pocket of the teachers union. That you know for certain haven't taken money from them.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Philadelphia administrator selected as next Omaha Public Schools superintendent

Cheryl Logan has almost three decades of experience working in large, diverse districts on the East Coast, speaks fluent Spanish, and now, she is the next superintendent of the Omaha Public Schools.

The OPS board voted unanimously Tuesday night to hire Logan to lead Nebraska’s largest school district.

She currently works as the chief academic officer of the School District of Philadelphia and has an extensive background working in urban districts as a teacher, principal and administrator.

http://www.omaha.com/news/education/phi ... 0878e.html
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Uffda wrote:Philadelphia administrator selected as next Omaha Public Schools superintendent

Cheryl Logan has almost three decades of experience working in large, diverse districts on the East Coast, speaks fluent Spanish, and now, she is the next superintendent of the Omaha Public Schools.

The OPS board voted unanimously Tuesday night to hire Logan to lead Nebraska’s largest school district.

She currently works as the chief academic officer of the School District of Philadelphia and has an extensive background working in urban districts as a teacher, principal and administrator.

Her selection certainly seems to tick all the boxes of what OPS was looking for in a superintendent. Not that she’s old by any means (she is my age at 55).. I thought that maybe the male candidate (who looked on paper as supremely qualified as well) might get the nod because he is younger (I believe he is 43)..

We’ll see how she works out...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
Uffda wrote:Philadelphia administrator selected as next Omaha Public Schools superintendent

Her selection certainly seems to tick all the boxes of what OPS was looking for in a superintendent. Not that she’s old by any means (she is my age at 55).. I thought that maybe the male candidate (who looked on paper as supremely qualified as well) might get the nod because he is younger (I believe he is 43)..

We’ll see how she works out...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
From what I have seen and heard - he didn't come across very well before he even got interviewed - the internet had a few articles. I felt for his age he had moved a lot and frequently in the last few years.
GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

Post by GrandpaaSmucker »

Reading the front page article in Saturdays paper I could not help but be taken back. The article told about the newly hired Superintendent sitting in the airport the day after she had been hired. The couple next to her had a newspaper that had a front page article telling about the hiring of the Superintendent the night before. The couple even gave the new Superintendent their copy of the newspaper so she could have a keepsake copy for herself. Now I don't have a Masters Degree in education or anything else but I just can't imagine me going to another city and getting hired for a half million dollar a year job and not buying at least 3 or 4 copyies of the paper to take home. The article made it sound like the new Superintendent was not even aware that she was on the front page of the paper. Really :?: We had a 2 year search and had to go clear to the East Coast to find a scholar that does not even glance at the local paper. Tisk tisk tisk.
GetUrban
Planning Board

New OPS Superintendent

Post by GetUrban »

GrandpaaSmucker wrote:Reading the front page article in Saturdays paper I could not help but be taken back. The article told about the newly hired Superintendent sitting in the airport the day after she had been hired. The couple next to her had a newspaper that had a front page article telling about the hiring of the Superintendent the night before. The couple even gave the new Superintendent their copy of the newspaper so she could have a keepsake copy for herself. Now I don't have a Masters Degree in education or anything else but I just can't imagine me going to another city and getting hired for a half million dollar a year job and not buying at least 3 or 4 copyies of the paper to take home. The article made it sound like the new Superintendent was not even aware that she was on the front page of the paper. Really :?: We had a 2 year search and had to go clear to the East Coast to find a scholar that does not even glance at the local paper. Tisk tisk tisk.

I think the OPS made a very good choice hiring Dr. Logan. I can see how she might have made her way to the airport to catch a flight without first grabbing a stack of newspapers or even realizing or expecting to see herself on the front page. It’s refreshing to see a new leader who is apparently not overly self-congratulatory and constantly looking for praise.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.