2017 Papillion Annexation

The Political decisions of Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

2017 Papillion Annexation

Post by Brad »

Papillion unveils annexation package as part of continued move 'from a small town to a big city'

http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/papilli ... c114d.html
By Hailey Konnath / World-Herald staff writer wrote:The plan includes the Cottonwood neighborhood, as well as the Facebook data center, Omaha National Cemetery and Travelers data center. It would bring about 750 people and 800 acres into city limits. The latest estimates put the city at 19,597 people and 4,288 acres.

If the package is approved, city limits would extend east to roughly 66th Street and Cornhusker Road and south and west to about Nebraska Highway 50 and Capehart Road. If Gretna’s annexation also passes, the city limits of the two would be less than a mile apart in places.
Garrett
Planning Board

Re: 2017 Papillion Annexation

Post by Garrett »

Another southwest thrust. Did Papillion and Springfield come up with an agreement as far as their boundaries go? I'd be surprised if they didn't come out with an aggressive annexation of their own soon.

OMA-->CHI-->NYC
OmahaFan
Home Owners Association

Re: 2017 Annexation

Post by OmahaFan »

Sorry for the late reply. I recently have switched to a position where I’m not near a computer that much. As for annexation I see Gretna and Papillion are having a battle. Any idea why Gretna thinks papillion is bullying them?
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation

Re: 2017 Annexation

Post by bigredmed1 »

OmahaFan wrote:Sorry for the late reply. I recently have switched to a position where I’m not near a computer that much. As for annexation I see Gretna and Papillion are having a battle. Any idea why Gretna thinks papillion is bullying them?
Papillion squeezed Springfield a few years ago and has fought Bellevue in the past. Maybe Gretna wanted to go east as far as they wanted before Papillion or LaVista went after it?
OmahaFan
Home Owners Association

Post by OmahaFan »

That’s the Headache you get when you have 3 cities in one small area. Elk horn tried to do that with Omaha. Thankfully Omaha saw what was happening and stopped it.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Papillion City Council approves city's annexation plan
Hailey Konnath - Omaha World Herald wrote:Papillion will move forward with an annexation that includes the Cottonwood neighborhood, Facebook data center, Omaha National Cemetery and Travelers data center. It brings about 750 people and 800 acres into city limits. Prior to the annexation, the city sat at 19,597 people and 4,288 acres.