The Political decisions of Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

Bosco55David wrote:
joeglow wrote:
GetUrban wrote:
But, I'm of the opinion they should keep staffing 4-firefighters per truck for fires. It just makes the most sense.
-I thank God people did not say that about the 5-6 to a truck they apparently used to staff many trucks with in the 1970's-1980's.
Technology and advancements in technique have allowed them to get down to 4.
But NEVER 3.  Technology can NEVER go that far.
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

joeglow wrote:
Bosco55David wrote:
joeglow wrote:
GetUrban wrote:
But, I'm of the opinion they should keep staffing 4-firefighters per truck for fires. It just makes the most sense.
-I thank God people did not say that about the 5-6 to a truck they apparently used to staff many trucks with in the 1970's-1980's.
At least not until it is proven. We are talking about today's technology aren't we? You have to consider other points of view besides your wallet.

Someday robots will do it for us.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

joeglow wrote:
Bosco55David wrote:
joeglow wrote:
GetUrban wrote:
Like GetUrban said, you have to consider views besides the wallet. As it stands now, each of the 4 on the truck has assignments to do when they reach the call, and you can't do 2 in/2 out with 3 on a truck.

Also it should be noted that 4 is the minimum recommended amount. 5 or 6 is always safer.
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

Bosco55David wrote:
joeglow wrote:
Bosco55David wrote:
joeglow wrote:
GetUrban wrote:
Like GetUrban said, you have to consider views besides the wallet. As it stands now, each of the 4 on the truck has assignments to do when they reach the call, and you can't do 2 in/2 out with 3 on a truck.

Also it should be noted that 4 is the minimum recommended amount. 5 or 6 is always safer.
Minimum according to who?  The Matrix study concluded otherwise.  Arlington, Minneapolis, Tulsa and Wichita seem to do just fine with three.
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

joeglow wrote:Minimum according to who?
Have you not been watching the news? The organizations that have decided on 4 to a truck have been cited multiple times and the Nebraska CIR even ruled on it if I'm not mistake.
The Matrix study concluded otherwise.
Not from what I'm reading. It appears they only said it would not hinder "responding to calls". It makes no mention (that I can find) of safety not being effected.
Arlington, Minneapolis, Tulsa and Wichita seem to do just fine with three.
Based on what?
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

Bosco55David wrote: Based on what?
-Deaths of firefighters.  You could argue risk to citizens, but since THEY would be the ones ultimately responsible for the decision, it would be their decision.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Bosco55David wrote:
joeglow wrote:
Bosco55David wrote:
joeglow wrote:
GetUrban wrote:

Back to this point:

Serious question:

How many times does just one truck respond?

I am not taking sides on this as I am not sure what is correct or if one side is correct all the time.  2 in   2 out is important.  I have been involved in a fair share of Haz response and OSH training and  2/2 is not a method to avoid.   When we suit up for drills it is 2/2 with 2 on standby  AT A MINIMUM.  More people is always better, but what is practical and what is accomplished by scaling up with more units?

MY question still stands though, how often does 1 truck respond.  If there are 2 units responding then you have 6 responders with three on a truck.  Granted your total count is down but you are still paired.  We have had a few false alarm calls at work over the years and I never remember one unit showing up.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

The nice part is they can save money while not even talking about 4 on a truck.  Its all about the misdirection to maintain as much staff as the FD can manage.  Fine and dandy in a vacuum but not very helpful in the real world.
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

cdub wrote:The nice part is they can save money while not even talking about 4 on a truck.  Its all about the misdirection to maintain as much staff as the FD can manage.  Fine and dandy in a vacuum but not very helpful in the real world.
Jerram introduced an amendment that would have repealed the staffing ordinance except for the 4 on a truck and the council turned it down. It's pretty clear that Ben Gray wants to go after 4 on a truck despite what he says. [/i]
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

Bosco55David wrote:
cdub wrote:The nice part is they can save money while not even talking about 4 on a truck.  Its all about the misdirection to maintain as much staff as the FD can manage.  Fine and dandy in a vacuum but not very helpful in the real world.
Jerram introduced an amendment that would have repealed the staffing ordinance except for the 4 on a truck and the council turned it down. It's pretty clear that Ben Gray wants to go after 4 on a truck despite what he says. [/i]
-Because he realizes he represents the citizens and that is what they overwhelmingly want.
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

joeglow wrote:
Bosco55David wrote:
-Because he realizes he represents the citizens and that is what they overwhelmingly want.
Most citizens are morons. Personally I want my city council making smart decisions in the best interest of the city even if that means going against what the constituents want.
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

Bosco55David wrote:
I doubt it.  While he might take a quick run at it I think he just honestly wanted the negotiations to work like they are supposed to where nothing is set in stone.  Not even the 4 men.  I would be shocked if the 4 men part of the contract changed.
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

cdub wrote:I would be shocked if the 4 men part of the contract changed.
Me too. The union will likely not give up 4 to a truck unless they are given a very substantial pay raise to compensate and the city cannot force the issue on them. [/i]
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

Bosco55David wrote:
joeglow wrote:
Bosco55David wrote:
Most citizens are morons. Personally I want my city council making smart decisions in the best interest of the city even if that means going against what the constituents want.
-I agree that way about the executive branch.  However, the legislative branch is supposed to be the voice of the people.
Melissa
Home Owners Association

Post by Melissa »

GetUrban wrote:I'm wondering if anyone has looked at the cost of sending a fire truck to EVERY rescue squad call no matter what. Surely the need for a truck could be better determined through the 911 call center.

I suppose they pay the four-man fire truck crews the same whether they are out on a call or not, but surely they could save on fuel, wear & tear, etc.
You mean the fire department didn't need to respond to the emergency call at Wal-Mart the other night because a person was locked in their car?  /sarcasm  

I just shook my head at the amount of taxpayer dollars wasted by the three squad cars, ambulance, and fire truck that responded.
“Auditors are the people who show up after the battle and stab the wounded.”
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

Melissa wrote:
GetUrban wrote:I'm wondering if anyone has looked at the cost of sending a fire truck to EVERY rescue squad call no matter what. Surely the need for a truck could be better determined through the 911 call center.

I suppose they pay the four-man fire truck crews the same whether they are out on a call or not, but surely they could save on fuel, wear & tear, etc.
You mean the fire department didn't need to respond to the emergency call at Wal-Mart the other night because a person was locked in their car?  /sarcasm  

I just shook my head at the amount of taxpayer dollars wasted by the three squad cars, ambulance, and fire truck that responded.
The only money wasted would have been whatever fuel they used to get there.
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

Papillion's mayor put in a nice dig on Suttle.  He was being interviewed by Becka about their city council's vote on the fire fighter's contract.  Becka asked him if he thought the council would approve it.  The mayor's response was along the lines of:  "Well, they have had a full copy of the agreement to look at.  In fact, I put a full copy of it with the agenda we released to the public on Friday.  What we did not do was give our Council a one page executive summary and ask them to vote on it in a closed door meeting disallowing the public."

Glad to see other city's mayors can recognize the corrupt manner in which our mayor conducts business.
DeWalt
Human Relations

Post by DeWalt »

Bosco55David wrote:
Melissa wrote:

The only money wasted would have been whatever fuel they used to get there.
That's only partly true.

The OFD uses calls like that as "proof" that they are overwhelmingly busy, saving lives every single day.  They want tax-paying citizens to believe that they're regularly rescuing women & small children from the towering inferno, when in reality they're showing up at WalMart to let a doofus out of his/her car.

Just remember though...  They're saving lives all day every day.  Absolutely nothing can be cut from their budget!
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

joeglow wrote:Papillion's mayor put in a nice dig on Suttle.  He was being interviewed by Becka about their city council's vote on the fire fighter's contract.  Becka asked him if he thought the council would approve it.  The mayor's response was along the lines of:  "Well, they have had a full copy of the agreement to look at.  In fact, I put a full copy of it with the agenda we released to the public on Friday.  What we did not do was give our Council a one page executive summary and ask them to vote on it in a closed door meeting disallowing the public."

Glad to see other city's mayors can recognize the corrupt manner in which our mayor conducts business.
I don't know how Papillion does things, but in Omaha the city charter dictates that contracts have to be agreed upon between the city and union negotiators (step 1), then the personnel board votes on it (step 2). If it passes that vote, it goes to the union for the membership to vote on it (step 3), THEN it goes to the city council where the public is allowed to have input (step 4). If it passes the city council, it goes to the mayor for final approval (step 5).

Only step 1 was ever completed in negotiating the fire contract. There was a summary (the same one released to the media) of that negotiation that was taken to the city council members to gauge their support for it, but it was NOT official in any way shape or form. The gist of that was along the lines of "here is what we have, is it something you could support or would we be wasting our time taking this through the process?". To suggest that those meetings were in any way an official vote is to suggest that both the mayor AND the city council were in BLATANT violation of the city charter and that the union would have taken the contract without a membership vote. All that really happened is that the council showed that there was not enough support to pass the agreed upon contract so it went back to the negotiating table. Had their been enough support, it would have simply been given the green light to proceed through the rest of the process.

I'm absolutely shocked that Mayor Black was so |expletive| stupid to say that on the air. Does he really believe that the Mayor and City Council would have tried to pull that stunt and that the citizens of Omaha wouldn't have gone berserk?
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

Bosco55David wrote: Only step 1 was ever completed in negotiating the fire contract. There was a summary (the same one released to the media) of that negotiation that was taken to the city council members to gauge their support for it, but it was NOT official in any way shape or form. The gist of that was along the lines of "here is what we have, is it something you could support or would we be wasting our time taking this through the process?". To suggest that those meetings were in any way an official vote is to suggest that both the mayor AND the city council were in BLATANT violation of the city charter and that the union would have taken the contract without a membership vote. All that really happened is that the council showed that there was not enough support to pass the agreed upon contract so it went back to the negotiating table. Had their been enough support, it would have simply been given the green light to proceed through the rest of the process.

I'm absolutely shocked that Mayor Black was so |expletive| stupid to say that on the air. Does he really believe that the Mayor and City Council would have tried to pull that stunt and that the citizens of Omaha wouldn't have gone berserk?
Did you pay attention to the news?  There were multiple Council members on the radio talking about how that is EXACTLY what Suttle wanted to do.  He wanted the Council to approve BEFORE anyone else.  They were shouting to the media that it was a violation of the city charter.  Thus, unless they lied, the Mayor Black knew EXACTLY what he was talking about.
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

joeglow wrote:
Bosco55David wrote: Only step 1 was ever completed in negotiating the fire contract. There was a summary (the same one released to the media) of that negotiation that was taken to the city council members to gauge their support for it, but it was NOT official in any way shape or form. The gist of that was along the lines of "here is what we have, is it something you could support or would we be wasting our time taking this through the process?". To suggest that those meetings were in any way an official vote is to suggest that both the mayor AND the city council were in BLATANT violation of the city charter and that the union would have taken the contract without a membership vote. All that really happened is that the council showed that there was not enough support to pass the agreed upon contract so it went back to the negotiating table. Had their been enough support, it would have simply been given the green light to proceed through the rest of the process.

Did you pay attention to the news?  There were multiple Council members on the radio talking about how that is EXACTLY what Suttle wanted to do.  He wanted the Council to approve BEFORE anyone else.  They were shouting to the media that it was a violation of the city charter.  Thus, unless they lied, the Mayor Black knew EXACTLY what he was talking about.
Link?
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

Bosco55David wrote:
joeglow wrote:

Link?
Ahhh, the classic internet response.  Alas, it was from one of the councilmen on the KFAB Good Morning Show.  Thus, you can choose to not believe me.  However, it makes perfect why the Papillion mayor would make the comment he did.
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

joeglow wrote:Ahhh, the classic internet response.  Alas, it was from one of the councilmen on the KFAB Good Morning Show.  Thus, you can choose to not believe me.  However, it makes perfect why the Papillion mayor would make the comment he did.
So they were on the NEWS (in addition to talk radio) and "SHOUTING it to the MEDIA" yet you apparently can't find one source to substantiate these claims? Me thinks you're full of |expletive|, or at least having it sold to you. heck I even tried doing your work for you by Googling it and found NOTHING regarding any city council members claiming that a breach of city charter was proposed.

Seriously, let's see some sources here. That, or kindly STFU with the "are you paying attention" |expletive|.
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

You know, I vaguely remember something like this popping up during the police contract, and sure enough I found it. Also sure enough, the truth isn't anything like Joe and Mayor Black would have us believe.
It is still several weeks before the Omaha City Council votes on the controversial contract between the Mayor and the Omaha Police Union but pre-vote problems are mounting.

The latest finds a dispute brewing over which side votes first: the Union or the Council.

According to the Mayor’s office and the union the City Council will vote first. But Councilmember Jean Stothert doesn’t want the council to vote until the union membership has approved the contract.

Mayor Jim Suttle’s spokesman, Ron Gerard, tells Nebraska Watchdog that throughout the negotiations the Council was advised that it would vote first. In order for that to happen the Council must waive a provision in the City Code which states, “The City Council shall consider an ordinance to approve the labor agreement, after the bargaining unit has approved the labor agreement.”
http://nebraska.watchdog.org/7356/vote- ... ubject-of/

Since Joe has no sources to back his claim, I can only assume that he is referencing a similar debate regarding the fire contract. The problem is that as you can see, Joe missed two very important points.

A) That part of the city charter can be waived at the discretion of the city council.

B) Even if the city council agrees to the waiver, NOTHING changes except the ORDER in which the voting happens. Every required step INCLUDING public input is still required and followed.

God, I freaking love it when verifiable facts come into play.
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

Bosco55David wrote: Since Joe has no sources to back his claim, I can only assume that he is referencing a similar debate regarding the fire contract. The problem is that as you can see, Joe missed two very important points.

A) That part of the city charter can be waived at the discretion of the city council.

B) Even if the city council agrees to the waiver, NOTHING changes except the ORDER in which the voting happens. Every required step INCLUDING public input is still required and followed.

God, I freaking love it when verifiable facts come into play.
Thanks for finding that.  And, it helps support exactly what I said and what Papillion's mayor was referencing.  Per the councilman, Suttle wanted the contract approved by the city council based on a one page executive summary behind closed doors.  Regardless of if the other steps would be followed, it still does not negate to accuracy of Brown's statement.
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

joeglow wrote:Thanks for finding that.  And, it helps support exactly what I said and what Papillion's mayor was referencing.
Uhhh, no it doesn't, genius. The article I linked discusses a proposed change in the voting ORDER. There would have been ZERO changes besides that, including the public input. Stretch Armstrong would have been proud of the reaching you're doing here.
Per the councilman, Suttle wanted the contract approved by the city council based on a one page executive summary behind closed doors.
The same one you can find ZERO documentation for despite this councilman "shouting it to the media"? Yeah, I'm calling bullshit here. First off, Jim Suttle may not be the brightest guy in the world but there is zero chance that he not only thought that he could squeak that one past a bunch of fired up citizens but also that a city council that included a politically ambitious opponent (Stothert) wouldn't call him on it and that it wouldn't get tossed out because it violated city charter.

To believe otherwise would be ludicrous.

The reality of the situation is exactly like I said earlier. The Suttle camp took the summary to the city council to gauge support for the deal before starting the whole process, the support wasn't there so they went back to the negotiating table. I bet if you could produce some documentation to support the claims you're making, that would become even more clear.
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

Bosco55David wrote:The reality of the situation is exactly like I said earlier. The Suttle camp took the summary to the city council to gauge support for the deal before starting the whole process, the support wasn't there so they went back to the negotiating table. I bet if you could produce some documentation to support the claims you're making, that would become even more clear.
Even if that were the case, why would he flat out refuse to let them see the entire contract?  Why when asked about this whole process during the public access debate with Council and Becka did Ben Gray refuse to even address the process?
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

joeglow wrote:Even if that were the case, why would he flat out refuse to let them see the entire contract?

Who said he flat out refused to let them see the contract? At that time it more or may not have been finalized (I really don't know on that one). Either way, what difference would it make if they didn't have enough support to even pass preliminary support? Had their been enough support to justify moving forward then the city council probably would have received their copies at the same time as the public and personnel board, just like with the police union.
Why when asked about this whole process during the public access debate with Council and Becka did Ben Gray refuse to even address the process?

I didn't see this so I can't comment on it.
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

OWH wrote:Collective bargaining plan unveiled

"Omaha and other Nebraska communities should find themselves in a stronger position when bargaining with public employee unions over wages and benefits under a legislative proposal unveiled Tuesday.

Omaha Sens. Steve Lathrop and Brad Ashford said the proposal would result in greater predictability and fairer decisions when labor disputes end up at the Nebraska Commission of Industrial Relations.

One key provision of the proposal: The CIR would have to consider not only wages but pension and health insurance benefits when comparing compensation with other employers.

Lathrop said the lack of such consideration was a major complaint of city officials in Omaha and Lincoln, who believed that their generous pension and health-care benefits were not fully taken into account in cases brought to the CIR.

“Those cities believed their pension benefits were better than average but they were never getting full credit for it,” Lathrop said. “This is a huge thing for the City of Omaha.”
http://www.omaha.com/article/20110329/NEWS01/703299850

One step towards getting Omaha's budget under control.
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

Sounds fair.
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

MORE corruption in the fire department?:

http://omaha.com/article/20110407/NEWS0 ... -sues-city

edited to add "?"
Last edited by joeglow on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

joeglow wrote:MORE corruption in the fire department:

Uhhh, a) you do remember this gal's husband and the fine shining example of honesty that he was?
and b) you do realize this gal was on the CB school board, was involved in a physical altercation with a member of the public following a school board meeting, and then moaned about how she was the "victim" ad nausem to the media?

Some people just can't let go of the limelight.  Don't read too much into this story.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

icejammer wrote:
joeglow wrote:MORE corruption in the fire department:

Uhhh, a) you do remember this gal's husband and the fine shining example of honesty that he was?
and b) you do realize this gal was on the CB school board, was involved in a physical altercation with a member of the public following a school board meeting, and then moaned about how she was the "victim" ad nausem to the media?

Some people just can't let go of the limelight.  Don't read too much into this story.
I am not questioning if she is a great employee or not.  What it appears the dept. may be doing I have seen multiple times at different employers (specifically, make a job difficult for someone to provide them incentive to move on on their own).  Frankly, I don't have a problem with that, as it allows anyone with a brain to see the writing on the wall and find new employment while still drawing a check and not having the stigma of being fired on their resume.

That said, the union contract cuts both ways.  They are usually pretty darn clear on who gets seniority and how things are to be treated.  If you demand full compliance with the city when it benefits you, you also must comply with it internally when it may not benefit you.  Thus, while I recognize she may be a less than stellar employee, I am very interested in seeing the department followed their union contract as closely as they demand the city to.

And, I meant to have a "?" at the end of that original statement.
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

joeglow wrote:If you demand full compliance with the city when it benefits you, you also must comply with it internally when it may not benefit you.

Quoted for truth.
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

more thuggery from Omaha Firefighters for Truth:

"It is time to remove the cancer from the Omaha Fire Department.

This disease started to grow when it publicly humiliated Mayor Hal Daub by publicly calling the mayor vulgar names outside the City Council Chamber ( yes he started and continued the war with the Republicans.) It then created a pension system that has been the focus and the impetus of public disdain.  To make matters worse this cancer then multiplied the problems by letting retiree's double their comp time in order to rid the department of anyone with seniority.  This also eliminated all the people who would stand up to the cowardly illness.

Then Fahey made sure he became fire chief so no contract would be signed and he could get out of office without having to pay the debt.  The next step was to force the contract into the CIR.  He then started the process to outsource and privatize every part of the fire department.  He is working on all training to Metro ( which AC is going to profit from that one?) ambulances to AMR and contracting all the bureaus out of his budget to make it appear as he made the savings.  Actually he only diverted money to other budgets.  Sounds like the pay freeze contract he came up with to save Fahey and bankrupt our pension.

Everyone knows this disease has no fire knowledge, management or budget skills and is robbing the fire budget just like he did the union and the Klower fund.

Yes Mike McDonnell is the Disease,virus,infection or cancer that is killing the fire department.

There is a large fast growing political contingent growing that is focusing on the fire department.  Not only because of the pension he created, the political enemies he created by repeated character assassinations nor the multiple investigations for which he has been the cause and the central focus.  It is mainly the fact that he and his entourage have caused the OFD to be massively over budget ( $5million a year, the largest amount ever.)  He has no management skills and is lacking any semblance of moral character.

This should be no surprise.  The Disease finished 45th on the Captains exam, behind some of the most infamous idiots in the history of the fire department.  The Disease couldn't pass paramedic school in three tries so he had the union give him special dispensation before he took the BC test.  Yet his buddy Fahey gave him the answers to the test and changed teh rules for taking the AC's test so he could make him fire chief and those two past union treasures who covered his embezzlement AC positions.

This is why the Disease and his henchmen attack respectable firemen who actually have worked as firemen, have integrity and education.  Case in point the letter attacking kanger, Lang, Wisinski, and Mancuso.  These intelligent chiefs pose the biggest threat to their planned destruction of the OFD.  They are able to manage a fire scene, use a noun and a verb in a sentence and tell the truth, all things that elude the clowns currently running the department.  Please implore these Chiefs to stick around, they and men like them may be our only hope of holding on to any integrity.  Don't let the Disease infect us all.

It has become a joke that they can't add, read or write and the at the Disease can't answer any questions in any forum without having a line of B/C's following him to meetings yet every other department head in the city comes alone and they actually know something about the operations of their department.  Not the Disease he knows nothing and hauls underlings around to answer questions for him.  WOW, he is a walking joke/disgrace!

Now he has control of the Union.  The officers have to beg teh Disease for anything and everything.  This is simply because they were never at work and he told them it would be OK.  Now he has sole control over them.  This is why they try to talk you out of a filing grievance,let him violate our transfer rights ( the CIR said we get to keep our transfers ) and ultimately they will give away our health insurance and pensions to keep their jobs.

If they anger him or don't look the other way when he screws us, they will be fired after a brief investigation by his secret police.  Unfortunately if there is even an internal investigation they will no be able to plead the 5th as they did with the auditor, department of labor and the attorney general.  He apparently keeps the city council from posing those questions in an internal investigation to buy their cooperation.  The contract requires that they answer questions in an internal investigation by the city they are able to be fired, that is why they are all slaves to the cancer known as McDeath.

It is time for chemotherapy.  We all think it is public knowledge because we live it every day but the truth is the public knows nothing about how he is truly destroying the moral, infrastructure and budget of the OFD.  We atack and blame the media, politician and tax payers who lash out at us;when in reality we should be pointing them at the disease that has infected us and is slowly methodically killing everything a firefighter once stood for in Omaha.  Now more people hate you than don't and every single one of us knows who is to blame.

As grievance continue to mount, attacks and investigations of members who speak out increase and the systematic destruction continues we go quietly on about doing our jobs and the taxpayers think every firefighter supports the chied because no one from the city or the union points out that the Disease is the one responsible for the illegal activity, budget woes, political enemies and all the negative attention.  This is why he hides from the media, won't put anything in writing with his signature and makes others explain his actions.  he needs a degree of seperation so he will not be blamed or have his name stricken from all those bronze plaques he likes to put his name on.  Again, what a JOKE!

Ask your family and friends to spread the word; restore honor to our department.  Ask our Union Officers to have a ballot vote of no confidence in the fire chief.  Tell the City Council that you don't support his actions he has taken over the last three years and he has caused irreparable harm.  Ask the mayor to cut off the tumor and eradicate the Disease- FIRE McDONNELL NOW!It is time to remove the cancer from the Omaha Fire Department.
mrdwhsr
Library Board

Post by mrdwhsr »

This is posted on Becka's KFAB web-page today (04/15/11).
joeglow wrote:more thuggery from Omaha Firefighters for Truth:

"It is time to remove the cancer from the Omaha Fire Department.

This disease started to grow when it publicly humiliated Mayor Hal Daub by publicly calling the mayor vulgar names outside the City Council Chamber ( yes he started and continued the war with the Republicans.) It then created a pension system that has been the focus and the impetus of public disdain.  To make matters worse this cancer then multiplied the problems by letting retiree's double their comp time in order to rid the department of anyone with seniority.  This also eliminated all the people who would stand up to the cowardly illness.

Then Fahey made sure he became fire chief so no contract would be signed and he could get out of office without having to pay the debt.  The next step was to force the contract into the CIR.  He then started the process to outsource and privatize every part of the fire department.  He is working on all training to Metro ( which AC is going to profit from that one?) ambulances to AMR and contracting all the bureaus out of his budget to make it appear as he made the savings.  Actually he only diverted money to other budgets.  Sounds like the pay freeze contract he came up with to save Fahey and bankrupt our pension.

Everyone knows this disease has no fire knowledge, management or budget skills and is robbing the fire budget just like he did the union and the Klower fund.

Yes Mike McDonnell is the Disease,virus,infection or cancer that is killing the fire department.

There is a large fast growing political contingent growing that is focusing on the fire department.  Not only because of the pension he created, the political enemies he created by repeated character assassinations nor the multiple investigations for which he has been the cause and the central focus.  It is mainly the fact that he and his entourage have caused the OFD to be massively over budget ( $5million a year, the largest amount ever.)  He has no management skills and is lacking any semblance of moral character.

This should be no surprise.  The Disease finished 45th on the Captains exam, behind some of the most infamous idiots in the history of the fire department.  The Disease couldn't pass paramedic school in three tries so he had the union give him special dispensation before he took the BC test.  Yet his buddy Fahey gave him the answers to the test and changed teh rules for taking the AC's test so he could make him fire chief and those two past union treasures who covered his embezzlement AC positions.

This is why the Disease and his henchmen attack respectable firemen who actually have worked as firemen, have integrity and education.  Case in point the letter attacking kanger, Lang, Wisinski, and Mancuso.  These intelligent chiefs pose the biggest threat to their planned destruction of the OFD.  They are able to manage a fire scene, use a noun and a verb in a sentence and tell the truth, all things that elude the clowns currently running the department.  Please implore these Chiefs to stick around, they and men like them may be our only hope of holding on to any integrity.  Don't let the Disease infect us all.

It has become a joke that they can't add, read or write and the at the Disease can't answer any questions in any forum without having a line of B/C's following him to meetings yet every other department head in the city comes alone and they actually know something about the operations of their department.  Not the Disease he knows nothing and hauls underlings around to answer questions for him.  WOW, he is a walking joke/disgrace!

Now he has control of the Union.  The officers have to beg teh Disease for anything and everything.  This is simply because they were never at work and he told them it would be OK.  Now he has sole control over them.  This is why they try to talk you out of a filing grievance,let him violate our transfer rights ( the CIR said we get to keep our transfers ) and ultimately they will give away our health insurance and pensions to keep their jobs.

If they anger him or don't look the other way when he screws us, they will be fired after a brief investigation by his secret police.  Unfortunately if there is even an internal investigation they will no be able to plead the 5th as they did with the auditor, department of labor and the attorney general.  He apparently keeps the city council from posing those questions in an internal investigation to buy their cooperation.  The contract requires that they answer questions in an internal investigation by the city they are able to be fired, that is why they are all slaves to the cancer known as McDeath.

It is time for chemotherapy.  We all think it is public knowledge because we live it every day but the truth is the public knows nothing about how he is truly destroying the moral, infrastructure and budget of the OFD.  We atack and blame the media, politician and tax payers who lash out at us;when in reality we should be pointing them at the disease that has infected us and is slowly methodically killing everything a firefighter once stood for in Omaha.  Now more people hate you than don't and every single one of us knows who is to blame.

As grievance continue to mount, attacks and investigations of members who speak out increase and the systematic destruction continues we go quietly on about doing our jobs and the taxpayers think every firefighter supports the chied because no one from the city or the union points out that the Disease is the one responsible for the illegal activity, budget woes, political enemies and all the negative attention.  This is why he hides from the media, won't put anything in writing with his signature and makes others explain his actions.  he needs a degree of seperation so he will not be blamed or have his name stricken from all those bronze plaques he likes to put his name on.  Again, what a JOKE!

Ask your family and friends to spread the word; restore honor to our department.  Ask our Union Officers to have a ballot vote of no confidence in the fire chief.  Tell the City Council that you don't support his actions he has taken over the last three years and he has caused irreparable harm.  Ask the mayor to cut off the tumor and eradicate the Disease- FIRE McDONNELL NOW!It is time to remove the cancer from the Omaha Fire Department.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Did Streets write that?
Stable genius.
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

joeglow wrote:more thuggery from Omaha Firefighters for Truth
More? I think this is the first time this group has been in the news.

Either way, this is kinda funny you must admit. First you had the Beckabots and Nabity bitching and moaning because the Chief was a former union president and thus would be on their side on every issue, and now they're throwing a fit when the firefighters are calling him out.

What a soap opera.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Judge Rules Nabity Must Reveal Sources

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Judg ... 94699.html
www.wowt.com wrote:“Remove the management team that has created what I believe is a scandal,” said David Nabity of the Omaha Alliance last October. “In addition, there should be demotions and a full investigation and possible prosecution of those employees and union officers that knowingly over-inflated their pay."

Nabity and his Omaha Alliance For The Private Sector have been critical of the Omaha Fire Department. Criticism has been going on for months. Nabity even claimed that sources told him that fire union president Steve Leclair was receiving money that he shouldn’t have. Nabity called it theft by deception.

“Somebody please find the smoking gun so we can get on with the business of doing our jobs,” said Leclair last October. Leclair says Nabity went too far in his criticism and has sued Nabity for defaming his character. Nabity countersued, calling the lawsuit frivolous. Now, after a judge ruled that Nabity must reveal his sources, both sides are talking through their attorneys.

Nabity’s lawyer says this decision endangers all whistle-blowers in the state. “This has far reaching implications for traditional media, new media, I think it will affect a lot of people,” said Joshua Weir, Nabity’s attorney.
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

What did Nabity say that was defamation of character?  The only quote I see here is “Remove the management team that has created what I believe is a scandal.  In addition, there should be demotions and a full investigation and possible prosecution of those employees and union officers that knowingly over-inflated their pay."

First, he clearly says "what I believe is a scandal."  Everybody has a right to their opinion on what transpired.  It certainly is NOT a crime for me to think what happened with the fire department records is in fact a scandal.

Second, he said, "there should be demotions and a full investigation and possible prosecution of those employees and union officers that knowingly over-inflated their pay."  Again, I fail to see what is wrong, because this is only saying anybody who did that should face those repercussions and I agree completely.  IF none of that transpired, then nobody will or should have to pay that price.

Based on these statements, I see nothing wrong.  

What were the other statements that led to the defamation of character?