A thank you and a goodbye of sorts

Humor and off topic conversation

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Garrett
Planning Board

A thank you and a goodbye of sorts

Post by Garrett »

Hello everyone! So this coming Saturday I will be moving to Chicago to begin my freshman year at DePaul University, where I will be studying urban planning. I just wanted to take some time to thank all of you for really helping me fall in love with urban development and fall even more in love with Omaha, and making both of them a part of my life. It always makes me happy to get on and see the little orange pieces of paper in the urban development section. Yeah, you all really made me into a huge nerd. :lol: Anyway, of course I intend to stay active here and follow my lovely hometown from afar, but I really just felt obligated to thank you all for a lot of learning, and of course, a lot of laughs. So thanks you guys!

-Garrett

P.S.

If I start to turn into a depressed college student who wants to flee a collapsing America and escape to Europe, someone please come find me and slap me.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Lol... You mean "Turn in to StreetsOfOmaha"?

Good luck in college.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Just don't turn into a know-it-all nerd  :P
Good Luck!
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

Brad wrote:Lol... You mean "Turn in to StreetsOfOmaha"?
Yeah that's basically what I was getting at.  :mrgreen:
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Good luck in college.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

Welcome to Chicago. You're going to love it here. It's like Omaha if Omaha could have everything it ever wanted.

Public Policy major I'm guessing?
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Good luck!  Freshman year college was one of the most amazing times of my life, so much change and fun.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Axel wrote:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! Don't do it!

But really, good luck man. I'm sure you'll do awesomely, and to be honest I didn't know you were so young!
No posts exist for this topic
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:Welcome to Chicago. You're going to love it here. It's like Omaha if Omaha could have everything it ever wanted.

Public Policy major I'm guessing?
Geography with an Urban Planning focus.

And I'm already in love with the city. I'm so excited to be living in an urban area like Lincoln Park after being in western Millard for almost 19 years.
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

MadMartin8 wrote:
Axel wrote:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! Don't do it!

But really, good luck man. I'm sure you'll do awesomely, and to be honest I didn't know you were so young!
Mhmmm! And consider how old I was when I joined this forum. You could basically say I was set from the start hahaha
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Good luck!!

Come back when you graduate and show our urban planners how it's done!!
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Good luck!
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

Aright... get outta here ya bum.. go on.. move to Chicago.. I see how it is.....  :mrgreen:

I'm excited for you brobeans you'll be a whiz at this urban development stuff.. and everyone will ask you.. how do you know all of this nerdy stuff?? So don't forget where you got it from and make sure you check back in.. 8)  :mrgreen:
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Axel wrote:Mhmmm! And consider how old I was when I joined this forum. You could basically say I was set from the start hahaha
You mean you're not 14 anymore?  :P
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

guitarguy wrote:Aright... get outta here ya bum.. go on.. move to Chicago.. I see how it is.....  :mrgreen:

I'm excited for you brobeans you'll be a whiz at this urban development stuff.. and everyone will ask you.. how do you know all of this nerdy stuff?? So don't forget where you got it from and make sure you check back in.. 8)  :mrgreen:
I'll be sure to cite my sources in essays and the like.  :mrgreen:
Coyote wrote: You mean you're not 14 anymore? :P
I know! I was surprised too when I found out.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Well I hope the best for you! I for one really love Chicago. I usually go there a couple times a year because it's so great. Hopefully you someday come back though. But anyways, have a great time there! From what I know about you from here, I'm sure you'll love it! But I seriously look forward to your perspective as long as you don't turn into another Streets - which I highly doubt will happen. I for one LOVE Navy Pier and Grant Park. I also really love Miller's Pub and Exchequer's down in the loop. I'm going there for ATB and Kascade here in October, so let me know if you want to get together.