Omaha's Worst Parkers

Humor and off topic conversation

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20614
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Omaha's Worst Parkers

Postby Coyote » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:29 pm

Now, I can almost understand a Mercedes or a Ferrari wanting to protect itself by taking up two spaces, but this has to be the worst parking, at a West O Hy-Vee, so I ask you, have you seen a worse parking attempt than this?

Image
Last edited by Coyote on Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image

MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2134
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Postby MadMartin8 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:33 pm

I saw a YUKON Denali XXXXXXXXLLLLLLLLLV  park across two handicapped spots at a Walmart in West O.
No posts exist for this topic

User avatar
RNcyanide
Planning Board
Posts: 2748
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am
Location: Chalco

Postby RNcyanide » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:07 pm

Saw a 2006ish malibu take up four parking spaces at my school. On a separate occasion, I saw the same car parked in such a way that left the |expletive| 1/3 of it hanging out in the lane.

People's talents at parking in this city truly are something to behold. Weird thing is whenever I'm dowtown, i almost never see anything weird but west omaha is another story.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride

User avatar
jessep28
Planning Board
Posts: 2360
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Postby jessep28 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:29 pm

Both were taken in September. The top one kind of makes sense because it was hot out and it was pointed towards the sun for their reflective sun visor thing, but it still makes them look like an idiot.

Image



Image
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum

User avatar
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1292
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:39 am
Location: New York City..Soon To Be Omaha
Contact:

Postby guitarguy » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:51 am

Ah come on guys these parking shots are clearly of a man trying to get condoms real quick!!  :lafcry:

User avatar
GetUrban
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1850
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Omaha

Postby GetUrban » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:47 pm

Doesn't make much sense to find a spot and point your car to maximize the sun hitting the windshield....just so the reflective visor can do it's thing. They probably could have found a spot in the shade!
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.

User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 2054
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: St. Louis

Postby TitosBuritoBarn » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:09 pm

Two of the three photos have a Buick in them. Decaying senior citizens most likely.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert

User avatar
S33
County Board
Posts: 4552
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm

Postby S33 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:08 pm

That red Buick appears to have a handicap tag on the rear view mirror, clearly it was someone too handicapped to drive.
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. - Winston Churchill

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1905
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Postby bigredmed » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:28 pm

How about we agree that when we see people parking in a way that denies handicap parking access to others who need it (like this), we call the non-emergency police number and report them.

If they are drunk or impaired, they are a danger.
If they are too old to get their car into 1 stall, then they are a danger
If their disability prevents them from getting their car into a stall, then they are a danger.

They need a ticket.  This may be the warning sign needed to get someone off the street before they hurt someone.

If they are doing it just to be lazy, then they are a jerk and need a ticket as karma.

User avatar
S33
County Board
Posts: 4552
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm

Postby S33 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:11 pm

bigredmed wrote:
They need a ticket.  This may be the warning sign needed to get someone off the street before they hurt someone.

Exactly!
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. - Winston Churchill

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20614
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Postby Coyote » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:19 pm

bigredmed wrote:How about we agree that when we see people parking in a way that denies handicap parking access to others who need it (like this), we call the non-emergency police number and report them.



Image


Wheelchair users found an original way to protest the abuse of disabled parking bays in Lisbon, Portugal. Weekenders that day (November 11) who attempted to park their car in a normal parking space outdoor Saldanha, Lisbon, saw all the usual places occupied by a wheelchair.

Wheelchairs had written messages on the back with messages like "I'll be back in 10 minutes", "I won't be long" or "I'm just having a coffee", the usual justifications for those not experiencing any physical limitation, who park their cars in places reserved for persons with disabilities.

Similar initiatives were carried out in the city of Vila Real (Portugal, in photographs) as well as in Boa Vista on Avenida Jaime Brazil, the National Day of Struggle for the Disabled.
Image

MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2134
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Postby MadMartin8 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:49 am

Coyote wrote:
bigredmed wrote:How about we agree that when we see people parking in a way that denies handicap parking access to others who need it (like this), we call the non-emergency police number and report them.



Image


Wheelchair users found an original way to protest the abuse of disabled parking bays in Lisbon, Portugal. Weekenders that day (November 11) who attempted to park their car in a normal parking space outdoor Saldanha, Lisbon, saw all the usual places occupied by a wheelchair.

Wheelchairs had written messages on the back with messages like "I'll be back in 10 minutes", "I won't be long" or "I'm just having a coffee", the usual justifications for those not experiencing any physical limitation, who park their cars in places reserved for persons with disabilities.

Similar initiatives were carried out in the city of Vila Real (Portugal, in photographs) as well as in Boa Vista on Avenida Jaime Brazil, the National Day of Struggle for the Disabled.


This is amazing. I need to coordinate this here in Omaha.
No posts exist for this topic

Linkin5
County Board
Posts: 3818
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm

Postby Linkin5 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:58 am

Hilarious one of the pics is the Hyvee on 96th and Q,  i have seen such horrible elderly parking there.

User avatar
Omababe
Planning Board
Posts: 2179
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am
Contact:

Postby Omababe » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:05 am

Linkin5 wrote:Hilarious one of the pics is the Hyvee on 96th and Q,  i have seen such horrible elderly parking there.


One of my clients tells the story of one of their former employees who drove a bright yellow Corvette and thought it was soooooo valuable that he would park diagonally taking four regular parking places. Two of the guys then took "two ratty old pickup trucks" and parked them a few inches away on both sides of him. (The number of inches gets less and less  each time he tells the story.) The guy apparently complained to HR about it. They (HR) told him to quit b*ching and park properly. :)

The guy has told this story several times at the bar now, and laugh just as hard each time he tells it! :)

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20614
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Postby Coyote » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:45 pm

Hy-Vee must be the Mother Lot for bad parking

Image
Image

User avatar
S33
County Board
Posts: 4552
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm

Postby S33 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:49 pm

definitely a woman driver.
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. - Winston Churchill

User avatar
RNcyanide
Planning Board
Posts: 2748
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am
Location: Chalco

Postby RNcyanide » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:59 pm

you know, there's enough room for another car behind them. I would have loved to see their reaction had someone used that space.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20614
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Postby Coyote » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:12 pm

RNcyanide wrote:you know, there's enough room for another car behind them. I would have loved to see their reaction had someone used that space.


I actually thought about that. :popcorn:
Image

User avatar
RNcyanide
Planning Board
Posts: 2748
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am
Location: Chalco

Postby RNcyanide » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:21 pm

Coyote wrote:
RNcyanide wrote:you know, there's enough room for another car behind them. I would have loved to see their reaction had someone used that space.


I actually thought about that. :popcorn:


OH GOD YOU SHOULD HAVE YOU SHOULD HAVE!!!!
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20614
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Postby Coyote » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:25 pm

RNcyanide wrote:
Coyote wrote:
RNcyanide wrote:you know, there's enough room for another car behind them. I would have loved to see their reaction had someone used that space.


I actually thought about that. :popcorn:


OH GOD YOU SHOULD HAVE YOU SHOULD HAVE!!!!


I was afraid it was Evelyn Couch (Fried Green Tomatoes)
Image

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28459
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Postby Brad » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:33 pm

Snow makes people extra stupid when it comes to parking.  I have seen it get three deep at one of the local grocery stores because nobody knew what to do without lines...
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Omababe
Planning Board
Posts: 2179
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am
Contact:

Postby Omababe » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:54 am

S33 wrote:definitely a woman driver.


My observations of the Omaha drivers over the past 30 years speaks to the  contrary!

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28459
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Postby Brad » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:01 am

Omababe wrote:
S33 wrote:definitely a woman driver.


My observations of the Omaha drivers over the past 30 years speaks to the  contrary!


The "I don't give a _________ about anyone but myself club" and "I am total oblivious to my surroundings club" accept both men and women...
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
RNcyanide
Planning Board
Posts: 2748
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am
Location: Chalco

Postby RNcyanide » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:17 am

There is also a sizable club of people who don't understand how to drive Escalades, Yukons, and Suburbans. They drive them like a Civic or a cargo ship.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride

cdub
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1213
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 1:38 pm
Location: Tempe. AZ

Postby cdub » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:46 am

If I could ever get a pic to post here anyway I would have taken one last night at Clarkson.  A little wannabe souped up hatchback trying to take up two stalls but so small that someone with a crapper should have definitely nestled themselves in beside! Oh if I had a car I just did not care about dings and dents on.  Not seeing the reaction would take away some of the joy, however.

User avatar
jessep28
Planning Board
Posts: 2360
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Postby jessep28 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:49 pm

From peopleofwalmart today:

Image
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum

User avatar
Garrett
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1774
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby Garrett » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:55 pm

Chicago drivers as worse, or, at least, 20 times more aggressive.
From Omaha to Chicago
From Axel to Garrett

Still the same guy

User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 2054
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: St. Louis

Postby TitosBuritoBarn » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:21 pm

Axel wrote:Chicago drivers as worse, or, at least, 20 times more aggressive.


Kinda have to be or you'd never get anywhere.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert

User avatar
jessep28
Planning Board
Posts: 2360
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Omaha's Worst Parkers

Postby jessep28 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:35 pm

I didn't know whether to post this here or the vanity plate thread. 144th and Center.

Image
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum

jag42
Home Owners Association
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:29 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Omaha's Worst Parkers

Postby jag42 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:04 pm

youparklikeanasshole.com

User avatar
HR Paperstacks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1701
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: Midtown Crossing

Re: Omaha's Worst Parkers

Postby HR Paperstacks » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:16 pm

jessep28 wrote:I didn't know whether to post this here or the vanity plate thread. 144th and Center.

Image

I've driven behind this car before. I remember the license plate. From what I remember, they weren't a good driver either.


Return to “eOmahaForums Bar and Grill”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest